1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News iPhone kill-switch kill switch released

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by CardJoe, 19 Aug 2008.

1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

2. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Two weeks at most?

Bet Apple're a bit miffed that was found..

3. Yemerich

Yemerich I can has PERSUADETRON?

errrm.... whats a "jailbroken" unit?

4. Brooxy

Brooxy Loser of the Game

An iPhone that can run on any network, because it has been cracked.

Personally, I'm not caring - as it's been said before, there isn't a lot that hasn't been done before, that is contained within the iPhone

5. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

saw it yesterday when i updated BossPref.app via Cydia.app....... hasn't enabled it yet as the kill-switch isn't in effect at the moment.

btw, in your news article, you implied BossPref is available for non-jailbroken phone, i don't believe that's the case, the phone must be jailbroken to use Cydia, and to install 3rd party application.

sorry, i didn't read the whole article. i only read the start of each paragraph. :blush:

Last edited: 19 Aug 2008
  6. Gareth Halfacree

Gareth Halfacree WIIGII! Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Did I? I meant to imply the opposite - that there is no way to disable the kill switch on a 'phone that has not been jailbroken.

In fact, I say:
    Which seems pretty clear to me - BossPrefs can only be run on a jailbroken iPhone. Was there a specific section you thought implied otherwise? Highlight it and I'll change it. :)

7. Jik

Jik A Dremel, what is it?

A jailbroken iPhone does not mean that it can run on any network actually. Jailbreaking is a process that allows the user to run 3rd party developed programs such as an unlocker.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this was prone to happening.... so very predictable.

9. quack

quack Minimodder

An iPhone that can run all 3rd party applications and not just those from Apple's official App Store.

Incorrect. That requires the phone to be unlocked.

10. raGe82

raGe82 What's a Dremel?

Sometime soon Apple will release some software in its app store. A nice, useful application. To make things better this application won't be 'personaly' signed by Apple - it will be some unknown home developer. And then...

Couple days later there will be massive action - this software contains a virus which can destroy your phone, but thanks to "The Great Kill Switch" we can disable this naughty app and save your iPhones. ;)

Tags: Add Tags