1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other Keyboard recommendations please?

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Dopey, 7 Nov 2010.

1. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Anyone recommend a keyboard Keyboard recommendations please? not too expensive (strapped for cash) and I'm in need of a monitor in a few weeks time, so if anyone can also recommend one for me i would be mucho happy, ta!

2. MaverickWill

MaverickWill Dirty CPC Mackem

Asda USB keyboard, £5. Job's a good'un. Save a few pennies more by going for the PS/2 Smart Price one. Boom.

On a more serious note, budget, uses, any special features required, any point of reference beyond "a keyboard"?

Although, have to say, the Asda USB keyboards and mice aren't that bad!

3. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Well just for general use i work mainly in kinda subdued light< i still have to look as i type (i'm never gona get the hang of not looking at a keyboard ever) gaming use (you think i could get a illuminated one?) or am i just being daft?

4. Telltale Boy

Telltale Boy Designated CPC Jetwhore

What we really need is a budget as "not too expensive" is very relative. It's hard to make a recommendation otherwise.

5. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

A good comfortable to type keyboard, is an expensive keyboard.
    5-8$ keyboard are all the same.. if that's the budget, then what any of them.

My recommendation is the beautiful, sleek, Logitech Illuminated keyboard.
    The key's are illuminated white, they have a laptop key layout, but the key mechanism is far better than all laptop keyboards. As you probably know Logitech, this keyboard is very solid, and in fact heavy (well for a keyboard), you feel the build quality. It's been 2 years I use mine, and it still works and looks as if it was new.
    The keyboard has a key to change the illumination of the keys, from high, medium, low, and off, this key is hardware level key system (no software needed, so that means wtv OS you use, this key will work). The keyboard feature embedded into the design, Num-lock, caps lock and scroll lock, light indicator, which illuminates white. These indicators are at the bottom of the number pad section of the keyboard, and yes the keyboard is quiet. The keybaord has excellent reviews.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The above shows the U.S/Canada model. Obviously the keyboard layout will match the region your are in. So the Enter key shape and any special key's layout will vary, based on the language model you buy the keyboard. If you wonder where the insert key is, it's above the Delete key. No keys are missing.
    The keyboard has a 3 year warranty.

There is also a wireless version of the keyboard.

6. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

salesman of the year!!!!!

give me a shout i've some sand to sell to arabs
    but also check out cheepie cherry keyboards - if you dont like laptops

7. GoodBytes

:hehe:
    I also include our extended warranty with the keyboard, extended 3 additional years. Products always breaks after the day it's out of warranty, The extended warranty will give you a replacement keyboard if you breaks (of the current value of the used keyboard at the time it breaks, so should be 2$ keyboard). You won't regret it!:lol:

In all seriousness, don't call things I am not.
    Their is a difference between selling a product, and providing my recommendation. If I recommend something, it's because I have it, and enjoy it. And as you'll get to know me.. my posts are almost always detailed. The idea, is I don't want the reader to have to start searching for my recommendation, and just put it all the information I know about something.

8. No_Na_Me

No_Na_Me PC & water, this can only end well

Hi Tony,

I just go the Logitech Wave of Amazon as mine stopped working 2 weeks ago.

You may find it in PC world @ around £35 as its discontinued.

Nice ergo style keyboard.

9. digitaldunc

digitaldunc What's a Dremel?

I'm another advocate of bargain bin keyboards.

As an FPS button basher I go through them too quickly to justify spending a lot of money on a keyboard.

The £4 keyboard from Scan I'm using right now is as good as any I've ever used.

10. GoodBytes

Give a phone call to Logitech, they will ship you a new one for free. You do not need to ship the old one to them. All they ask is a proof of purchase and the PiD number under your keyboard (your name and address). Even if it passed warranty by a month or two, Logitech should still cover you, and I heard about stories about Logitech sending new complete surround sound speaker system to someone who had one of the speakers not work anymore, and completely out of warranty.
    http://consumerist.com/2010/03/5-year-old-speaker-dies-logitech-replaces-entire-system-for-free.html
    http://consumerist.com/2010/03/logitech-miraculously-sends-you-a-new-remote-when-yours-dies.html

11. kleptonite

kleptonite What's a Dremel?

I agree keyboards are all the same for gaming purposes go to walmart and get a cheap $11 that will work perfectly might not have all the lights on it though.. Unless you type a lot for your job you probably don't need that comfortable and expensive of a keyboard.

12. DaveMon

DaveMon The end is nigh! Repent!

13. memeroot

memeroot aged and experianced

@GoodBytes

I meant it as a complement - sorry for any missunderstanding - it truly was a sterling response!

14. Daytona178

Daytona178 What's a Dremel?

Personally I am a big fan of Microsofts £5 keyboards.

15. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Cherry G83. Proper keyboard for proper people, who want to properly type and stuff.

Not expensive either and far better put together than the budget crap.

16. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

Fixed. Not everyone likes that stuff and much rather type on a low profile keyboard.

17. GoodBytes

Ah ok, thanks!
    Sorry for the miss understanding :thumb:

18. okenobi

okenobi What's a Dremel?

Fair play. Not a problem for me.

19. Dopey

Dopey What's a Dremel?

Yea about £20-£30 is fine i like the logitec one looks good, thanks guys

20. DarrenH

DarrenH What's a Dremel?

I second Goodbytes on the Logitech Illuminated Keyboard. (£45 at Comet).

Possibly the greatest keyboard since sliced bread! I have used it for two weeks and it feels like silk. I always used £5 cheap and cheerful ones before but needed to upgrade for building new PC. Wow what a difference a decent keyboard makes. It has 4 light settings from bright to off and even works in Ubuntu without any drivers. It looks very light but is heavier than it looks. The packaging was amazing. A class act - spend that little more.

You can always come back here and tell me I was wrong and you wasted your money - but I guarantee you won't!