1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Lost: The Game Trailer

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 27 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

that is what i call milking the cow.

and LOL at the phrase: "lost the game" as in sorry but i "lost the game".

3. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

hmm looks a lot like farcry to me is it based on the cryengine?

4. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

graphics looked pretty good....idk about the gameplay, but the game looks enticing....to say the least....

5. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

To be honest, I thought the graphics were pretty mediocre. Environments were good, models of sawyer and locke? awful.

maybe its just me though

6. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

The environments seemed good. Let's just hope they can bed explored freely without constraints. The lighting of the manual torch was a neat idea, instead of the usual Morrowind/Oblivion approach.

7. devdevil85

devdevil85 What's a Dremel?

You're probably right Joe, I'm watching this at work and the internet connection is pretty bad and the monitors are bad too so I'm probably just trying to make this look good. Once I get home and see this trailer in HD I'll probably be even more horrified. After seeing Crysis I'll probably throw-up.....

8. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

I thought the main character looked like Jack, though I'm probably wrong, I gave up on Lost after season 1, it seemed to be adding mystery simply for the sake of it.

The game, on the other hand, could make for an extremely interesting adventure game, there's enough weirdness on the island to theoretically keep the game long and interesting, and if everyone hadn't already seen it on the TV, the plot to the series could have made for an aewsome game in itself. What I'm worried about is how their going to tie this into the plot of the series, unless they just ignore aspects of that and make up their own Lost reality. I think it could be very good, but only if it's more Myst than Resident Evil.

As for the graphics, the pixel shading on the walls was nice, but the models did look awful, it was almost like some parts of the engine were 2007, others were 2001.

Tags: Add Tags