Displays Multi Monitor Issues

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Rizzo, 29 Jan 2009.

1. Rizzo

Rizzo What's a Dremel?

Right then I have some rather odd issues with Vista and setting up two monitors. I will try to explain the multiple issues I'm having as best as I can as it is a bit tricky trying to explain.

Dell 2408WFP using Display Port cable - Primary Monitor
    LG 32" TV using a HDMI to DVI cable - Secondary Monitor
    Vista Business 64bit

It seems when I set the two monitors up all works great but when I want to watch a film I stick it on my TV, and then switch off my Dell to enjoy the film. But it seems when I switch it off Vista detects it and makes the TV the primary monitor, moving the task bar etc. over of course I then have to re enable the Dell monitor and leave it on so it doesn't do this.

Next problem is when I turn off my PC and come to boot without the TV on or sometimes with it on the Dell monitor decides it only like the resolution 1920x1080 not 1920x1200.

I have tried Ultramon to configure the set-up in that but it seems to give me more weird problems with turning one monitor off and another one on.

After some more tweaking I have changed the Display Port cable on my Dell to a HDMI to my GFX card and there appears to be no issues.

If anyone can shed some light on Display Port cable issues would be great.