1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

project : Blackmesa HL²

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by piloux, 24 Feb 2004.

1. SFOD-D LoneWolf

SFOD-D LoneWolf What's a Dremel?? :p

***Quote deleted***

Chill dude :baby:

I belive you, although I doubt piloux will sell his famous case :rock:

Cheers,
    Mike

2. Sc0rian

Sc0rian Here comes the farmer

god damn this thread is SOOO damn spammy.

3. tongue_of_colicab

tongue_of_colicab What's a Dremel?

why dont you try to make one yourself? mabey it wont look as good but it will give you the satisfaction that you made that all by yourself and in the end that will give you a better feeling that just swinging ur money and buy it. Although I doubt piloux will sell his case, Atleast i wouldnt if i was him.

4. Chrizzle

Chrizzle What's a Dremel?

I agree. I wouldn't even ask to buy this unless he offered. He put too much time and effort into it. It'd be like offering to buy someone's baby.

5. Ashen

Ashen What's a Dremel?

6. TheDon

TheDon What's a Dremel?

WOW... I just went thru this entire log took me almost 2 hours but it was well f*%kin worth it. I wish there was something that I could say that hasn't been said already but I am silenced. Keep up the good work I can't wait to see the final pics. subscribed....

7. diemike

diemike What's a Dremel?

i really want to buy it, but if he wont sell it will he at least tell me how he built it and what types of paints and where he got the parts? i wouldn't mind building it myself in fact i would love that i would just needed to know where he got the stuff like the logos and paint like i said i would pay for the plans?

8. diemike

diemike What's a Dremel?

i would really like to rtalk the reator if he wouldn't mind e-mailing me at socialoutk@yahoo.com

9. Rexxie

Rexxie What's a Dremel?

No need doubleposting all the time. There's an edit button.

As for how he built it... :read:
    That's what it's for :)

10. tortuegeniale

tortuegeniale What's a Dremel?

if u read carefully the thread, almost everything is explained to make another one... I think YOU should e-mail piloux rather than asking him to mail u :grr: .. he got a lot of emails about this project..

11. fillip

fillip What's a Dremel?

Further to that, why would he bother emailing someone back who, as already mentioned, clearly didn't bother to read the whole thread like the rest of us did.

So far, you've come bowling onto the forum demanding that piloux sell you a case he's just spent hours and hours putting together with expert craftmanship, made comments that could be loosely construed as being racist and whats worse is you're asking stupid questions which have been answered long long ago. Now you expect Piloux to get in touch with you... yeah right, that'll be a life enriching experience.
    Apologies to everyone else who is now gonna be emailed this rant but you sir, are a friggin' egit!!

[/RANT]

:miffed:

12. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

Wow, this almost seems as if it needs a lock for a while. I am sure some stuff was posted in a way as it was not meant. By that, I meen to say that it was not meant to be taken quite in the way it was read. And maybe some more research must be done by those seeking information. I can easily find logos for some stuff, and I can imagine that a lot was mostly imagination. I think this thread needs to be stopped of the spam. It contains quite a bit of people saying, "wow, dude.. you have maaaad l377 skillz" and such. Not quite that, but still. I agree that I did say, hey nice case a few times and nice work. But wow.. talk about spam.
    oh well. That happens with popular subjects and what not I guess.

13. tongue_of_colicab

tongue_of_colicab What's a Dremel?

Print some of the pictures and go to a hobby paint shop (dont know if thats the correct english word but I mean a shop that has alot of different types of paint and ppl that KNOW things about different kinds of paint) piloux also said what kinds of paint he used so if you go to a hobby shop I'm sure they can help you out although you prolly still have to experiment on your own on how to get the right effect. I think he used plexi and aluminium for the rest of the mod. But you should really read the whole thread its worth it and it will give you all the info on how to build one yourself.

14. bootupbuddha

bootupbuddha grunge modder

Dude, go to Home Depot. I am assuming that you are from the US. Only a fellow American can be such a block head. :wallbash: Also you spelled Afghanistan wrong in your personal profile.

15. eddie_dane

eddie_dane Used to mod pc's now I mod houses

Then start acting like one.

Diemike (and everyone for that matter), the project logs sole purpose here are for people to share the details of construction, which Piloux has been good enough to do through an enormous amount of effort above and beyond the actual work on the case. All you have to do is read it to learn how it is done and you seem to be too lazy to do that. Sure, not all aspects are covered and if he feels generous enough to answer your questions, he can contact you directly. But the crass tone you set in your requests prompts me to believe you are not worth the extra effort to help you.

This project is complete and well documented, it has been left open strictly for the purposes of people to add questions and praises. If any more posts like this arise, I'll simply close it.

diemike, learn some manners or else you won't be able to post in this thread or any other on bit-tech.net.

There is no need for anyone else to voice their opinions on this matter in this thread, it's spamheavy as it is. We want to encourage people to post worklogs, this ain't doin it.

Last edited: 19 May 2004
  16. macroman

macroman The One

Locked until I finish my dinner.

***OK I think I have removed the last round of verbal diarrhoea so play nicely or don't play at all!

17. piloux

piloux What's a Dremel?

Hi there :)

mmmh I think I have to clarify the situation a bit :

1\ I have some projects about this case...

2\ "MAY BE" I ll sell this case after if I need cash to start another one but at this time I haven't estimate how much it costed myself and one thing is sure : "IF" I will sell it , the price will be consequently with all the stuff and the hardwork I put in it ( not like this guy who send me an e-mail to ask myself to build the same for 100 us $ :hehe: :lol: :hehe: )

3\ there are already peoples who e-mail me to buy it and in the eventuality I ll sell the case, I would make a proposal to the first one

thank you to Eddie Dane and Macroman about the cleaning of thread ;)

back on thread now : if I ll get enough time tomorrow I ll make the rear side panel and maybe the new dvd drive

:) :dremel:

18. RotoSequence

RotoSequence Lazy Lurker

This is a spectacular project Piloux. It started as something that looked stripped down and barebones; now it has been added a character and life all its own; you deserve to be applauded for this fantastic artistic vision of a Half Life based PC :thumb: Something seems to be missing however. Most of the computer follows a clean lined theme; the jumbled mish mosh and general lack of overall lack of specified theme in the interior seem in sharp contrast to the rest of the case; my favorite view is of the right side; it fits the half life theme so well that it is simply incredible. My advice for the left side would be to make a normal looking window with a couple of cracks in it and maybe some dents; That would fit the theme a little more than the broken lines of your current design. At that point, I would use the broken orange plexi look of the right side; that just looks cool :D Then you can back the broken plexi with standard clear plexiglass; I think this would look cooler than the current side panel in use. Despite my nitpickings, I enjoyed watching this project through its fruition. You did a wonderful job of capturing the half life theme in a computer case, and I look forward to what you do with this computer in future updates. Mod on Piloux, Mon on :rock:

19. Scruffie

Scruffie What's a Dremel?

Sweet

Sweet man, I'll take two. :p

20. Howitzerflagz

Howitzerflagz What's a Dremel?

Hey Men !!!

please don't post trash, thanks