1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other What currently makes your life awesome?

Discussion in 'General' started by Brooxy, 28 Oct 2009.

1. RinSewand

RinSewand What's a Dremel?

Long weekend way with friends coming up - and the fact I'm mid way through cooking, to the accompaniment of a live band... unusual, but fun!

2. Margo Baggins

Margo Baggins I'm good at Soldering Super Moderator

just ordered my dual hex core proliant :) for testings.

3. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

my new soundcard, the Asus Xonar Essence ST

[​IMG]

my ears are in love.

4. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

ooo, I have been hanging my nose over the STX for some time

5. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

****ing do it man, get some decent speakers/cans, a good flac file and ****ing crank it.

oh dear god its beautiful.

6. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I may have to have more of a play, I'm currently using mine with some DT770s, but not with any flac files (only recently got the new headphones)
    Certainly sounds better than before, but I didn't have quite the reaction you seem to :p

7. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

you cannot be serious in telling me that you own this card and dont have anything in FLAC? what is wrong with you man? :eyebrow:

I'm using Z5500's, a bit of a difference there.

8. GeorgeStorm

GeorgeStorm Aggressive PC Builder

I had no intention of buying the card, just saw it at a good price from the same seller as I was buying a PSU and thought why not :p

And fair enough I guess? Although I've never really heard good things about Logitech sound stuff.

9. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

10. marlowdrummer

marlowdrummer Minimodder

New job after 14 years in the previous one.

Moved from an IT post that had become just telephone support/running around installing/repairing Windows and showing people how to do basic tasks.
    Now I am learning how to install/manage multiple GRID systems, DNS/DHCP, mail servers, active directory, SSL, VM's... the list goes on and on and I haven't even started on PHP, MySQL, VBS etc. These are all live production systems, frightens the 'kin life out of me when I am working on them.
    Four weeks in and I am really enjoying learning again. Who said you can't teach an old dog new tricks???

We also finish an hour early today because of the long weekend, so I think the pub is in order ;->

Last edited: 5 Apr 2012
  11. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Picking up my tickets tonight for Sakura Con, the largest anime convention in the area. Can't wait, even decided to cosplay this year. Maybe I'll post some photos so you all can see me sleep deprived, most likely inebriated, and cross dressing.

Also have a dinner tonight to celebrate the rare gathering of almost all of my friend circle at one time.

12. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

DJ Proteus and a couple of other hard dance/industrial DJ's reminded me why I love music so much.

13. Mimic

Mimic What's a Dremel?

Just this

[​IMG]

14. gilljoy

gilljoy Minimodder

that pup just looks awesome, how old is he/she?

Whats making me quite happy is that I'm off next week from work with no revision / uni work / diy/ anything to be done,

Just time to relax and enjoy my time off, I'm going to miss this when I'm back at uni.

15. KayinBlack

KayinBlack Unrepentant Savage

Found a functional HSF to drop on my 2600K so I can play GW with the wife. Simple, yes, but I don't need much to be happy any more.

16. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

Hmm, can't remember what I posted last. So many things:

- Seeing bunches of family at Easter celebration on Sunday and two nephews going into the Marines and the Air Force.
    - Ex will be there and I'll be dressed to the nines, I've lost 70 lbs and going to show family the 2012 calendar from the Michigan Women's Hall of Fame with my girlfriend as January. ;)
    - Moving to Michigan in August to be with said girlfriend and go back to college.
    - Mod project to start soon with daughter via forums and youtube. It's getting custom paint at Bill Owen's/Brad-Dirt Designs
    - Spring weather!
    -

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

chugging 2 cups of coffee and proceeding to smash the **** out of DoDonPachi.

feels good man.

SuicideNeil likes this.
  18. DeadP1xels

DeadP1xels Social distancing since 92

A few chilled san miguel is enough to get rid of my problems till the morning.

Also a friend of mine im helping produce his "mixtape" which i kinda class as a few demos he has alot of friends that seem to be into the same kinda crap i mean stuff... he is into he wants to get them involved aswell, even though im relatively confident it won't be great atleast this time it will allow me to add a name to a pre-production list of sorts

19. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

After 4 months of tests and pain, surgery booked for 23rd.

20. talladega

talladega I'm Squidward

got all 90 pieces of wood cut for the desk and cabinets im building.
    next step is to laminate some of the pieces together to double up on thickness and to play around with the edge banding and also make a jig for using the knock down fasteners.