1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Education What model are you building?

Discussion in 'General' started by KayinBlack, 14 Dec 2012.

1. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

[​IMG]
    I'm building this at the moment.

2. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My dad loves building models

Any ideas on a good model with lots of parts a civil engineer would appreciate?

3. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

Evo: Lego do a Technic/builder series of the Sydney Opera House which looks great. Not a model, but good fun.

Thanks Cei, I hadn't heard of the LF before, but I had seen a period shot of a Seafire which had the wing tip extensions removed (presumably to emulate the LF). Doesn't look right without those handsome elliptical wings imo!

Good looking models going on chaps, I've had a bit of a break of late. Last thing I was fiddling with was a 1/48 scale Heinkel HE-111. I stopped because I figured I might make a mess, and they're bloody rare and expensive to get hold of!

4. Cei

Cei pew pew pew

The Lego Sydney Opera House is £250. I'll end up buying one because the model is amazing, but hopefully when the price drops.

Krikkit - I must agree. The later marks of Spitfire, when the wings were elongated to points at the end (which did admittedly improve performance) look horrible compared to the classically beautiful ellipse. I also much prefer the look of the Browning machine guns which are totally recessed in to the wings over the Hispano 20mm cannons.

5. legoman

legoman breaker of things

Tortoise just needs a couple of small details tracks and paint.

[​IMG]

And bits started to arrive for my next model, slightly more pieces than the last.

[​IMG]

6. Kovoet

Kovoet What's a Dremel?

Ordered

[​IMG]

7. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

Got this on the way:

Gundam Astray: Red Frame - Master Grade

[​IMG]

8. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

The Tamiya Jagdp is a great kit, some lovely details on it. Have you seen the engine/service crew kit too? Looks great to have the engine bay painted/detailed too. :)

Also, this eBay shop has some lovely turned metal gun barrels which really set off the 1/35 stuff. The plastic ones are nowhere near as nice as those - you can even unscrew the muzzle brakes etc. :D

9. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

[​IMG]

Picked up a Master Grade Gundam F91 at an anime convention. The last one I built was a HG years ago, so I'm slightly apprehensive.