1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding 2800's NES mod

Discussion in 'Modding' started by 2800@2.5ghz, 30 Nov 2005.

1. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

good point, forgot about the whole cartridge thing. I haven't broken out any of my classic consoles in QUITE some time.

What software are you using for emulation?

You mentioned controllers too... what's the deal with those? Are you planning to somehow attach the old best-controller-evar!!11s to it?

2. 2800@2.5ghz

2800@2.5ghz What's a Dremel?

yep, you can wire em to the parallel port so i'm gonna wire them internally so the ports on the front can still be used.

just need to find a wiring diagram i can make sense of and that works.

and i use MEKA for SMS emualtion.

Gens for megadrive/genesis

and i downloaded a new NES emulator as sound didnt work on Nesticle

3. 2800@2.5ghz

its been suggested :) not sure yet though, might see if i can get a cheap 12" LCD or something for ease of wiring

4. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

Haha, funny thing is....giving your NES a ******* actually made the situation worse. It helps the oxidisation process speed up and causes the slot to rust. My other favorite NES trick was putting another game cartridge in the NES and closing the lid. Made non-working games work 90% of the time.

Also, Firehed, one thing about this mod is that he can store ever NES game ever made and not have to swap out thousands of carts. Nice job mate, I've been thinking about doing this with all of my old consoles, just haven't really had the time or money to do so.

5. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

you can still hook this to a standard tv, you have a video out on the mobo. you should wire up the video and left channel to the RCA ports they put on the side for the "Newer" TVs....

6. foundsoul

foundsoul What's a Dremel?

nice mod looks great. hows the video look on tv?

7. 2800@2.5ghz

playing games on the TV is fine, looks exactly like it did back in the day, but any small text on teh desktop etc. is dodgy and smudged and is very hard to read, reminds me of the old atari days, but then again teh text was so massive back then, that you couldn't miss it :p

8. bloodcar

bloodcar Minimodder

change your resolution to 640*480 and you'll be able to read anything you want. :thumb:

9. sicx

sicx What's a Dremel?