1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Company still sending me emails GDPR request to stop

Discussion in 'Serious' started by David, 17 Dec 2018.

1. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

As title - a property company I used to deal with sends me emails monthly and ignores all requests to stop.

I've unsubscribed from their mailing list, I've emailed them directly and asked them to remove me from all mailing lists, I've phoned them and spoken to an actual person and requested they stop, I've even written an old fashioned letter to them asking them to stop.

They even sent me one of those GDPR request emails, asking if they could continue to hold my data and contact me and I refused, but they are still emailing me.

I thought this was one of the things GDPR was supposed to enforce?

Can I use the regs to scare them into stopping?

Note: before some unhelpful tw@t says, "Dude, spam filter. Nuff said.", that's not what this is about - I'm not being mail bombed with a huge amount of spam, and I'm not whining, I just want to take back a little control.

2. RedFlames

RedFlames ...is not a Belgian football team

Ask to know who their DPO is and threaten to report them to the ICO if they don't remove you from their records?

3. adidan

adidan Guesswork is still work

Dude, spam filter. Nuff said. ;)

I keep getting the odd thing from time to time. I swear I always ask to be removed.

But yeah I think if I got too many i'd resort to emailing and pointing out they can get hefty fines.

The_Crapman likes this.
  4. adam_bagpuss

adam_bagpuss Have you tried turning it off/on ?

report it it the ICO as tha is a breach if you have requested to be removed and your data deleted.

i would write them a LETTER (i know) requesting all information on you and infrom them they have 1 month to respond. Once received request it is deleted.

5. andrew8200m

andrew8200m Multimodder

You've done your bit and have been polite and patient with it. Inform the relevant governing body.

liratheal likes this.
  6. The_Crapman

The_Crapman World's worst stuntman. Lover of bit-tech

Teamworks Karting. Bastards shut up for a few weeks then BAM they're back spamming email and text offers.

maxlxyd likes this.
  7. Mister_Tad

Mister_Tad Will work for nuts Super Moderator

This. You can ask customer service reps, spam their support emails and write letters to some corporate address ad infinitum without ever triggering their obligation to remove your data if you're not addressing them through the correct channels.

8. David

David μoʍ ɼouმ qᴉq λon ƨbԍuq ϝʁλᴉuმ ϝo ʁԍɑq ϝμᴉƨ

Yeah, I took redflames' advice and did just that. Waiting to see if I get any more emails from them.