1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Other General Battlefield 3 discussion thread

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Otis1337, 8 Feb 2011.

1. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I think i'll give bf3 a skip until next year or something. By then, all the retarded players will be gone from the game and it will be balanced and less frustrating.

I just cannot stand how everyone runs about the place like a moron. No cohesion, tactics or sense is used in about 80% of the matches i play.

People just do whatever the hell they want. On metro, at the first set of mcoms, people seemed to have gotten it down to a tee on how to sneak behind the attackers and place a mobile spawn at the spawn point. Since everyone on the attacker's side is usually as competent as an amputated sloth, it's only in a matter of minutes that our tickets are whittled down due to extortionate amounts of spawn rape.

I really do love the game, but right now, i just can't enjoy it because half of the players are so incompetent. For some reason, losing a match in this game is just a massive sting.

I think i'll stick to Red Orchestra 2 for my realism fix and open map fix and keep an eye on mw3 to see what they are bringing to the table.

2. [ZiiP] NaloaC

[ZiiP] NaloaC Multimodder

I'm sure both CPC/Bit-Tech and ZiiP servers will be able to provide 'tard-free gamin environments, or as good as we possibly can. Huzzah for admin powers :D

3. spectre456

spectre456 What's a Dremel?

I would really love to, but my ping just soars. I honestly don't want to grief anyone with a lagger. Especially with netcode like that in this game.

4. MrDomRocks

MrDomRocks Modder

I play two rounds of CB got some good kills and made some points but generally I'm still a noob on pc, I previously kicked ass on console BC2. Cant wait for voip and a more refined gameplay. Plus playing with CPC guys is going to be fun :D

5. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

Don't get to kick happy. On our servers we try to only kick cheaters and we don't kick to make room for members.

If you do kick ever 'tard, then you start to get a bad rep

6. mars-bar-man

mars-bar-man Side bewb.

We make room for members, but that's stated up in the server messages. And kicking tards surely gives you a better rep. Someone ruining the game for the other 30 or so people? Get rid of them, lose one person, keep another 30.

ZiiP's servers are usually being used anyway. If they're not it doesn't take long to fill them. I wouldn't call that a bad rep.

7. [ZiiP] NaloaC

We've never been "too kick happy". Like CPC, we only kick cheaters, people spouting racist remarks (no leeway there at all), deliberate Teamkillers (we will run hardcore), and that's pretty much it.

We do make space for ZiiP members, since it is us who pay for the server, so they have to get the privilege over public players. I've always kept an eye out for Bit-Tech friends on our BC2 server to ensure they don't get kicked, as best I can :)

We've maintained our servers like this since the MoH days before BF2 and it's served us well so far (2 drums, cymbal, cliff, ha). :thumb:

8. wyx087

wyx087 Homeworld 3 is happening!!

so ZiiP will be running HC for BF3?

9. [ZiiP] NaloaC

More than likely, so certainly different user groups so as not to conflict.

We'll be testing it out the first few days and deliberate over it. Hopefully it will allow for some level of tweaking with the layout. A minimap would be useful, but no 3D spotting.

I think that the damage model is quite good actually in normal mode, so I actually have some reservations about hardcore this time. In comparison to BC2, the normal mode in BF3 is a nice half-way between BC2 normal and hardcore. We'll have to wait and see.

10. wyx087

lol, the minimap is useless in BF3, even all the way zoomed out, it's still impossible to make out anything. the M bigger map also sucks big time, it is too transparent.

3D spotting has been nerfed a lot compared to BFBC2. it doesn't stay light up as long, and disappears faster once you are in cover. worth considering :thumb:

yeah, damage model in BF3 is pretty much spot on. i played a bit of BFBC2 last night, went 10:22 in one round because i can no longer hit people :( keep getting kill assists. can't wait to get back on BF3.

11. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

Just so you and Wyx know, the damage model in the Beta has been revised for the final release:

"the damage model has been radically shifted. Death comes quickly in the beta, situated more towards Call of Duty's durability, or even last year's DICE-developed Medal of Honor multiplayer. Firefights in the beta prioritize reflexes over tactics, which is a departure from Bad Company 2.

This is not the case with Battlefield 3 as it is now. The version of Battlefield 3 that I spent hours playing last week has weapons and damage that feel like Battlefield Bad Company 2"

- I know this might ruffle some feathers. But thats why HC exists right!

12. crash32953295@msn.

crash32953295@msn. What's a Dremel?

Loved the beta, Cant wait for the game. It completely changed when they released CB and I liked going from the close confined quarters of Metro to the wide open spaces and vehicles of CB.

Helicopters I found easy to pilot just like my days in Desert Combat but I found vehical unlocks to be unfair, I dont get a lot of time to play and without first getting a helicopter to get the unlocks in the first place actually trying to fight in one with no unlocks is even worse when the rest of the people in jets have heat seeking misiles that kill you in 1 shot.

What happened to the good old days of equal gameplay on day 1. Not to say this has ruined my overall enjoyment but I can see newcomes playing the game a month late having an extremely hard time competing with the masses of extra defences that the older players have got.

Other than that its a beta bugs are bugs and they will hopefully get the ironed out or squashed for the final release. I was actually impresed by how polished it was. I have played in many Beta's and for the scale that they are working with its amazing what they have managed with month old code.

I still have it on pre order I still dont like the idea of using origin but I think battlelog could warm to me. I just wish steam would be a cheaper and more viable option. Hopefully battlelog / Origin will keep my game upto date without hassle during the night when not using the pc.

Anyway just my thoughts, thanks for reading.

Inferno

13. Brooksie

Brooksie What's a Dremel?

Where's that a quote from?

14. Hamfunk

Hamfunk I AM KROGAN!

Source?

What you've quoted doesnt make sense - If deaths come more quickly surely that encourages tactics (ie. HC mode)???

I hope it stays the same as the beta as it encouraged people to be cauteous rather than running into an open area.

Metro was a clusterf*ck but it worked perfectly on Caspian!

15. [ZiiP] NaloaC

You are indeed correct sir. I had heard about the decreased damage model this morning, so that actually goes a long way to helping to differentiate things. The Hardcore mode in BC2 was good in that it still gave you a fleeting chance to survive if you were a little off the mark. If the BETA damage model was made even more vicious, I think it would be unappealing, so I am happy about the change.

What I do like though is that there is a cross-over and a difference between CPC/BT and ourselves, we cater for both camps and I would hope that we're never stepping on toes here :)

16. Parge

Parge the worst Super Moderator

17. wyx087

i also heard they are tweaking AS VAL to be slightly better, and more like VSS of BFBC2. :D

totally welcome this change with damage model, too many times in Beta where it felt like i died from a single shot. hopefully this change will give a slight more warning before dying.

18. Krazeh

Krazeh Minimodder

Looks like i'll be playing on HC servers then. Not a fan of having to pump 15-20 bullets into someone to kill them.

19. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

oh FFS.....

i barely ever played BC2, so take that into consideration while i rant.....

whats with this "hardcore mode"? so far with what im reading, im all against it. there shouldn't be an OPTION. there shouldn't be "oh, u want to play? that way. Ooooh too hard for you? That way to the kiddy playground." :wallbash:

there should only be ONE mode. and it should be the way as the game INTENDED to play. i'm not saying it should or should not be hardcore because we'll all go into the screwed up debate on whats hardcore, whats not.

like BF2. make it hard. too hard or imbalance? patch it. everybody plays.

And whats with "so damage model is lighter, and thats a good thing! this way u can spend ammo and make good judgement if u need to go rampage against 5 more people and u make the support people happy!". bollocks.

i paid for BF3 not some CoD garbage. i want to shoot people 3-4, maybe 5 times, and the person DIE. i dont want ARMA where i can get 1 chest shot and died (IMHO thats a mil-sim, not a GAME), but i dont want to empty my SMG clip coz the guy is "TOO FAR" at 10 feet away.

BETA damage model is good, maybe a little on the soft side. but its good. if they lower it so when i pump 2 full round of 870 shotgun into someone's chest at 3ft away he DOESNT DIE :duh:, then i'll be seriously, seriously officially pissed off with the whole consolification crap. (dont let me get started with jet/heli controls)

but oh well. we'll see I suppose.

20. shigllgetcha

shigllgetcha Minimodder

Just play HC and you wont have a problem.