1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

I'm freaking out

Discussion in 'General' started by chrisb2e9, 29 Jun 2008.

1. Poisonous

Poisonous Incestuious

Pull a fat bird, plough the field.

2. notatoad

notatoad pretty fing wonderful

you stay classy, poisonous :D

3. chrisb2e9

chrisb2e9 Dont do that...

I have a date tonight. not really a date, just meeting someone. not sure if I should though, she's 20 and i'm 27. if she was 19 I would say no 21 is fine but I think that 20 is my cutoff age.
    anyway, lets see how this turns out and for everyone else, happy Canada day!

4. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Good luck, Chris!

As Red Green would say, We're pulling for you :)

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

http://xkcd.com/314/ :thumb:

6. 1ad7

1ad7 What's a Dremel?

Get laid... i just went through this too. Talking about marriage one day, breaking up the next but **** has never been better :) and now I got a few girls who are interested and all of them already treat me better than she did. I was not sad but lost I guess, I felt exactly like you didnt know how to be alone, lost a dog too.... So I just met some chick from out of town at work and well yeah... getting laid really helped me move on especially if its better than it ever was with the x. Stay busy too exercise helped me alot

7. Neo40k

Neo40k What's a Dremel?

Well.... Its late now but Get drunk... get angry get F@@@@@ up...... be mad.... let it all go..... and learn from it.

8. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

the best way to get over one is get under another.

do you have any friends that are girls that you can ask a favor from?

9. AndyDEL

AndyDEL What's a Dremel?

Pretty much what Nexxo said..

I went through a similar breakup, instead of a dog though it was a little girl (1 year old).. Not mine biologically but her dad did a runner so for the time i was dating her mother, i guess i was "dad"... Hardest thing in the world leaving. The relationship went on many more months than it should of, just because i found it hard to leave due to her daughter. Even just to stay my guilt i gave them £2000 for her education fund when i left. Wasn't pretty.

My advise.. Go out allot, get laid. I used myspace to organize dates throughout the week / get laid, my weekends were for clubbing and having a similar outcome.. Few months later i meet sometime, few years after that i'm now married and trying for a kid of my own. :)

10. stuartpb

stuartpb Modder

I reckon there's nothing wrong with having a few good nights out with the lads after breaking up with your missus. Just don't get wasted and end up making a tit of yourself. Booze releases your inhibitions, and you could end up getting all emotional in front of your mates, which is never a good thing:blush: When I split up with my ex years ago, I soon got back into the swing of being single, and you will too. Getting laid is only a quick and temporary fix for the blues, but it's great for perfecting your technique:)

Best advice:

Keep yourself busy and you won't notice she's gone, it really works!
    Concentrate on becoming one of the lads again, get into single person mode.
    Get some new threads, update your image (gives you extra confidence with the ladies and men always end up wearing 'comfortable' clobber when they are in a relationship)
    Throw a few parties, nothing too wild but a good laugh.
    Enjoy your new freedom, do things you couldn't have when you were with her.

Good luck with the new life!

11. I'm_Not_A_Monster

I'm_Not_A_Monster Hey, eat this...

Nexxo is what i like to think of as Bit-Tech's "closer". every thread is simply conjecture until he comes in and tells us how it is, then the thread should basically be closed. He is a true man of iron.

however, the rare occasion comes up that he is not completely right.

DO NOT drink if you have access to firearms, rope, etc. i'm going to assume you're stable enough to be trusted around plastic spoons and paper cups, but stay away from the things that are fun when youre sober. i went through a major bout of depression after my first girlfriend (after dating for 4 years) cheated on me then left. trust me on this.

what you need is a girl. i know it might not sound like it, but believe me. you know in your head you're single, but in your heart you're still in a relationship. have a random hookup and you get the excitement of cheating without being a douchebag. you'll feel like a million bucks after, and (even though it might seem counterproductive) it will help with your chances of getting back together with the beezy. how many relationships do you know have gotten to this point and then succeeded? how many got to this point, they got back together, then ended up breaking up and causing ten times the pain they would have?

i should also note, if you can't find a willing girl friend you can always pick a fight with someone smaller than you. bare-knuckle boxing is almost as good for the soul.

12. BentAnat

BentAnat Software Dev

Well, having been through a bunch of BAD breakups (NOT the screaming, b!tching fighting kind - which are easier in my experience), here's my 2c:

- go out, meet new people. Nothing wrong with getting drunk. just don't overdo it too much.
    - make a list of things that you COULDN'T do when she was around, and do them (provided they're things you wanted to do).
    - everyone has something that they wanted to do, but never got around to for lack of time. Significant others use up time. Do them now.
    - Work hard, keep your mind off it for a while.
    - remind yourself WHY it's good that she's gone.

Getting laid works for some, not for all people. If it works for you - go for it (please use protection). If not, just meet new people... that works. Interesting people are the spice of (my) life...

13. Scirocco

Scirocco Boobs, I have them, you lose.

I'm all for getting over things, and "getting laid" is probably somewhere in that list. However, not to be a party pooper, just be careful. Just was horrified to hear of a recent study by the New York Health Department that determined one in four (26 percent actually) active adults in New York City has genital herpes. That's compared to a national average of 19 percent here in the US. I realize you're not here in the States, but please look out for yourself. Don't get drunk and pull just anything that will have you.