1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Mouse / Keyboard Drivers

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Daniel114, 9 Jun 2008.

1. Daniel114

Daniel114 What's a Dremel?

I was thinking about this earlier today, how any of you install the drivers for either a mouse or keyboard? Personally I don't think I ever have (although I've never owned a G11 or G15), but whilst looking around for a new mouse and reading reviews I seem to be in the minority.

So do you or don't you?

2. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

I do, else my mouse extra buttons don't work (MX Revolution).

3. Fredrics

Fredrics Hmm...

have a razer lachesis and i havent installed the drivers because razer drivers are just so crap. currently 2 of my buttons dont work, who cares though:naughty:

Nver installed keyboard drivers either but i dont think i would notice the diffrence anyway just cba to find them.

4. mansueto

mansueto Too broke to mod

I installed drivers for my razer copperhead mouse so my extra buttons could work and i could set them, and i installed my keyboard drivers because I'm using a g15, and the only way to make the lcd have all the extra goodies and features you need the drivers.

5. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

I have installed the drivers for my G15 keyboard, I haven't for my G9 mouse (not sure why - guess it just works?). Pretty sure the screen on my keyboard wouldn't work without drivers.

6. GoodBytes

GoodBytes How many wifi's does it have?

Logitech uses a 1 driver for all devices....
    And actually it is not even a drivers, it's a program called SetPoint.
    Check this out:
    http://www.mstar.net/users/rlowens/
    This will enable per application profile on SetPoint, and give you every feature of every keyboard and mouse from Logitech for your mouse and Keyboard. Moreover you can customize every button.

Just a note: In the setup of this patch tool, it will ask you if you want to edit mouse button 1 and 2 (left and right click) DO NOT check them, it has issues with some applications like ZoneAlaram. But you really want to edit the left and right click of your mouse? You won't be able to click anymore :|

@Steelez, in your case your mouse takes SetPoint 5, however it only works for your mouse for some reason.
    For every other Logitech product it's SetPoint 4. Moreover, you cannot install SetPoint 4 and 5 at the same tim,e you have to pick. Lame!
    Also if you use Vista, SetPoint 4 (I don't know about SetPoint 5), could screw your per application volume bar mixer panel. By screw up I mean it works fine, it just doesn't draw correctly.

Last edited: 10 Jun 2008
  7. Steelez

Steelez Minimodder

Ah you're quite right Goodbytes. I am using Setpoint 5 for my mouse and the drivers for my keyboard (which are seperate to setpoint). I used to have quite a few issues with my keyboard under Vista64 but it's been working perfectly recently.