1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Build Advice My £450 pound gaming PC

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by Ferrero94, 24 Jan 2011.

1. Fingers66

Fingers66 Kiwi in London

2. Ferrero94

Ferrero94 What's a Dremel?

Thanks was just looking at that, altought i am concerned that this is going to be my first build so scansure is a major plus to me incase i "brick" (i think that means break!) the mobo

3. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

u would have to be a propper spastic to break anything

and ebuyer returns are superb so I wouldnt worry buddy.

4. law99

law99 Custom User Title

Yeah. Never had a problem with ebuyer here.

I like the way the MSI 870-45 looks. Is it crossfire compatible? You could have a cheeky upgrade path there with AMD/ATi cards.

5. Ferrero94

Your post/avatar made totally lol!

at first i thought your post was about a static wrist band, then i realised what you meant what made me lol some more then i looked at your avatar what was probably how my face look liked when i had epic lol syndrome....

Anyways thanks for making my day (Along with my english teacher bringing her 4 our old son into class who was epic because his name was andy LOL)

In reply to law the board looks like a decent budget board so I think it may be worth waiting for it to restock on scan so if i do suddenly have RamshovedintoPCIeSlotoopsitbroke Syndrome along with the fact of next day delivery what won't really affect me anyways....

Was looking in to extra fans for the scout, i think it can take 3 more but ill wait to know if i can get extra fans to fit due to GFX card along with Fenrir (i should of chosen gold since it is the same performace but it was red n black so will go with my case)

Anyways, how long can an average build take for a newbie? a weekend at max i hope

Last edited: 28 Jan 2011
  6. law99

law99 Custom User Title

I guess it depends how much stuff you're doing. It won't take you long to assemble. Just make sure you have a clear idea of what you are doing and when in your head. Fiddly bits like screws are the biggest pain for me and I have long, musician fingers.

A weekend will be enough though for sure, plus loads of playtime :). Last time I did anything it was a new mobo. It wasn't the assembly that took very long, it was installing Windoze7 and apps, shedules and disk cloning/backups that ate the time.

7. Ferrero94

kk lol :D

Still wondering if its worth it to upgrade mobo to a better one or keep the one im going to get, only need one PCIe for GPU and i hope it is a full sized board

8. Ferrero94

UPDATE:

8800 GT was delivered today. looks like a beast and is exactly 9" long, the card is also 9" long.

9. mrbungle

mrbungle Undercooked chicken giver

Nice to see someone excited by hardware.

Keep us updated :)

10. Ferrero94

Hehe its my first build, plus im only 16 nd you know how spending £500 when it takes almost a year to earn it feels like :p

Will update it on monday when everything else comes apart from that damned MoBo

11. barney magru

barney magru What's a Dremel?

His mobo's coming tuesday, convinced him to go for the same one, think it'll be a great board for what we want ;)

12. Ferrero94

lol thanks barns :p

13. Ferrero94

Thanks alot guys, pc is now built and is running like a dream :)

will put a photo in later to show you what temps it seems to be running at (very low!)

[​IMG]

im guessing cause the ram is dual channel you just 668x2 to get your 1333 ram?