1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Motors Post your favourite detailing products, techniques and results

Discussion in 'General' started by Unicorn, 26 May 2010.

1. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

That looks pretty good, though how do you go about it without the fancy buffing machine? Microfiber cloths and a free weekend?

2. Mr_Mistoffelees

Mr_Mistoffelees The Bit-Tech Cat. New Improved Version.

My own belief is that red is more prone to fading and not just in cars, because colours from the red end of the spectrum absorb a lot more blue and UV light, with the UV likely doing the damage.

3. liratheal

liratheal Sharing is Caring

Anything you can do with a random orbital or rotary polisher can be done by hand - It just takes significantly more effort and more work.

Ah, honestly, I'm not really up on it - I've never liked red cars enough to actually want one and research paint care for one!

4. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

Heck of a thread revival but staff privileges and all that. I own an 07 Corolla hatchback which has a ton of scuffs and marks on i from the previous owner but I want to get it as good as I can. I've never washed a car but I have watched the videos on the Detailing World channel. Like I don't even own a bucket, I do have a pressure washer and some shitty microfibre clothes I use for cases and my mountain bike. I need a "buy everything here and you're good to go" list. I've put together a start using https://www.cleanandshiny.co.uk/ but need suggestions for anything else. I'd be happy with maybe a beginner list then maybe another list for if I want to go the full mile during another wash but also would be grateful for any advice.

[​IMG]

5. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

A bucket, A bucket!!!!!!!
    You need 2 buckets, both with grit guards

Mister_Tad likes this.
  6. MLyons

MLyons 70% Dev, 30% Doge. DevDoge. Software Dev @ Corsair Lover of bit-tech Administrator Super Moderator Moderator

My mum owns ones but those are her metal ones for gardening.

7. mrlongbeard

mrlongbeard Multimodder

MLyons and ElThomsono like this.