1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress project:K.I.D (disaster 28/12/07)

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by khanage0, 2 Sep 2007.

1. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

dragonONE; i leave the paint for around 10-14 days before i start flatting back an polishing then leave another week or 2 before waxing,give u my fans never:nono:just gonna have to do a red case to put em in next;)your shops are shut all day sunday?that sucks
    Teyber;in the top 2 pics the floor is in place,u telling me ya cant see the reflection?......lol,please dont say i gotta polish more,may order some of them fans they do look nice,can the leds be turned on/off independantly from the fans?still undecided on what to do with the phase at the mo

thanks for the comments guys:thumb:really means alot

2. derbaum

derbaum What's a Dremel?

my first thoughts were " omg whats that for a kind of colour" but combined with blackmesh and the red fans it looks really great!

3. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

lookin excellent, very nicely done. i've got two things to pick on...1) that top vent with the not so smooth curve! it's been pointed out already i know, but i really think you should go over it. It really is worth it, the rest of the case is done sooo perfectly. If you have to buy some more filler or resin or paint or whatever so be it i say!
    2) the red fans,they look nice but i don't think they go with the light blue...i reckon either black or light to med green or any shade of blue.... jmo however! i think the curve up top is more important, otherwise you'll regret not doing it when it's all finished. Again, the case is looking great, all the rest of the curves & vents look awesome!

4. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

derbaum:thanks for the comment man:D
    mvagusta:thanks for the honest opinion mate really appreciate it,when i first done the top it looked good but it was all primer it was only when the final colour was done and the contrast between the blue an black that it really noticed,when i removed the masking i was gutted but thought hey i can live with it,but now ive had 2 people say about it ive tried to round it more as best i can an i think it looks alot better now hope you agree,im happy with it:D

before

[​IMG]

after

[​IMG]

just gotta touch up the black on the grill now,should hopefully look even rounder then caus theres some overspray where it should be black.
    hope you agree looks alot better an only took about an hour an half to do

5. MightyMouse

MightyMouse What's a Dremel?

Nice. Yeah it looks quite a bit better now. What did you do to it, just file it rounder?

6. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

the grill is permenently fixed to the case so i had to apply filler to the front edge and shape it with wet'n'dry paper,would have been aalot easier if the grill was removeable but it had to be fixed to stengthen the whole top of the case,overall im happy with the result an really glad that you guys commented to give me the motivation to get on an do it,like i said earlier i was a bit dissapointed with it but thought i could live with it but looking at it now im happy with it.

cheers guys:thumb:

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Very nice.

(mod of the month october?)

8. Ready2GoXtr

Ready2GoXtr What's a Dremel?

Yeah I got to agree with that =P

9. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

thanks guys:D
    Mankz&mvagusta just wanna say a big thank you,if it wasnt for your honest comments i would have just left the top as it was,but now im more than pleased with the results:thumb:

when i flatted the front back to re-fill,prime an paint the paint flatted lovely so u may see me polishing a bit sooner than i thought:D,helps leaving it next to a radiator i suppose...lol maybe the end of the week or early next week fingers crossed just don't wanna try too soon an ruin it.

just real glad i kept half a can of paint back just in case,still got a bit left but hoping im not gonna need it.

thanks again guys and keep the honest opinions coming

10. mvagusta

woot! she's perfect now :rock: don't rush things, if you have to give it 2 weeks or whatever to cure then so be it! i'm sure you'll have other things to do for the internals and/or components

11. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

the fine tuning of that top cut was worth it ....... looks very good now........:thumb:

Alan

12. widmod

widmod Minimodder

nice mod thats a awsome color and nice fiberglass work
    you may have metioned it before: what about optical drives?
    do you have external ones?

13. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

mvagusta;glad u like it mate:D
    theAlien;thanks man
    widmod;thanks, i'll be using an external drive no room left for an internal with the 2 rads

14. widmod

widmod Minimodder

a slimsline slotin would vertically fit on one side of the front rad but now you allready painted everything...

15. Steve09

Steve09 What's a Dremel?

Case is looking top notch Khanage :D
    I like the colours of the red fans, black grill and sky blue, makes it look really nice.

16. domestic12

domestic12 What's a Dremel?

This case rocks,must of been some long hours on that puppy,keep the updates coming,These are the sorts of pc cases we gamers need.

17. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

widmod;i did look at putting a slimline one in but either the mobo tray was in the way or it would obscure the veiw of the pump/res,an as the only time i use a dvd is to install games i dont really mind having it external.
    steve09;thanks for the comments mate,the fans are going tho,should have some pics of the new ones im thinking bout soon:D
    domestic12;thanks man it has taken hell of alot of hours to get where it is now,a fellow gamer:thumb: should have an update this week

18. mvagusta

cool :cooldude: looking forward to the next update, i'm sure it will be worth the wait :thumb:

19. khanage0

khanage0 Minimodder

just had an E-mail from mick at www.candccentral.co.uk an hes said there gonna sponsor me an supply an EK res,all the hose i need and some black feser,,,,,,thanks man:thumb:
    [​IMG]

and popped into a mates shop earlier to ask about some fans an they've sent me home with 3 hiper fans to try in the case:D an if its what i want there gonna supply 6 of em free of charge,so just wanna say thanks to Darrell an Mark at Mainly Media,,,,,,,,cheers guys:thumb: they also gave me the case to hack about in the first place so if it wasn't for these guys i wouldnt be doing what im doing now.

an here they are:D

[​IMG]

and lit

[​IMG]

Last edited: 2 Oct 2007
  20. theAlien

theAlien I know what a Dremel is....

I really like the new fans better than the red ones............but thats just me........

congrats on hooking up the sponsors..........:thumb:

Alan

Tags: