1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Memory Really high memory usage?

Discussion in 'Tech Support' started by Weekly_Estimate, 1 Oct 2014.

1. Weekly_Estimate

Weekly_Estimate Random bird noises.

My computer just seems to start slowly going up and not stop until it's all bloody used then my computer starts lagging like god knows what.... any ideas?

It's a fresh install and has 49 processes running

[​IMG]

2. DeafGamer2015

DeafGamer2015 Minimodder

I noticed that there's multiple instances of chrome. Is that a normal amount of Chrome?

3. Shirty

Shirty W*nker! Super Moderator

It's one instance per tab isn't it?

4. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

Try using something like Tab Hibernation, Chrome can be a bit of a memory hog.

5. Weekly_Estimate

Seems rather odd chrome using nearly 8 gigs of memory for 7 tabs though! I've downloaded the plugin Corky lets hope this helps...

6. TheMadDutchDude

TheMadDutchDude The Flying Dutchman

Perhaps a memory leak issue somewhere? Chrome is using ~100MB of my RAM on these forums.

7. Corky42

Corky42 Where's walle?

The amount of memory used for each tab depends on the web site, complicated sites, heavily flash based, lots of images, etc, etc.

If you are interested in a more detailed view of the RAM being used, you could try using Chromes inbuilt taskmanager (Shift-Esc) Or you could take a look at the "chrome://memory-redirect/" page by typing that in the address bar.

8. Umbra

Umbra What's a Dremel?

I would d/load Process Hacker it shows more info about what programs/services/processes are running and detailed memory usage, you can also see network activity in real time and any programs that are online and using resources that shouldn't be like malware.

Last edited: 2 Oct 2014
  9. loftie

loftie Multimodder

^+1, I think I actually used process explorer for the BF4/AMD leak but I can't remember how i did it. If it's guaranteed to happen every time you start your PC, do a full shutdown and not a W8 shutdown. At least for me with my memory leak, a W8 shutdown would not give it back.

10. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

How many add-ons do you have on chrome, people have been having problems with some add-ons or having many and using a lot of memory.

11. Weekly_Estimate

Solved!

Seems that removing all the addons i had for web dev stuff made it completely stop memory's between 20 and 30% now so running like a dream :)