1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Sounds of Asus heard in Hannover

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 16 Mar 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Seeing as how a lot of games will just be ported now, I'm not going to bother upgrading my PC anymore. Straight to consoles now.

3. r0z|3o0n

r0z|3o0n What's a Dremel?

Totally buying one of them when it comes out, especially if it has even semi good software. Only a couple of days ago I threw my Audigy 2 ZS across the room. It sounds wonderful, but when the software BSODs your PC every couple of hours and the tech support suggests you should format your pc.... well, you lose customers.

Plus, WOW, FINALLY PCI-E SOUND :O

4. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

I like the RFI shielding on this. PCI-E is good, but I want an optical connection to my stereo.

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I was going to get the X-Fi gamer with my new comp but I'll hold off, use the on-board via optical on the striker and get this baby when it is out.

6. Krikkit

Krikkit All glory to the hypnotoad! Super Moderator

This looks like a nice sound card, and if it sounds as good as they say it does, it'll be worth a purchase.
    Alright, it might not sound awesome in current games, as it doesn't do EAX, it's better than nothing.

7. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Hopefully this will take some market share from Creative. They have been far too complacent in recent years. New soundcards are very nice, sure; but fix the drivers for the last generation first, please. ;)

Although the era of more shoddy console ports will be upon us... (oh, wait, we've already had a lot of shoddy console ports... :hehe:)

8. _DTM2000_

_DTM2000_ Minimodder

Nice one Asus. :thumb: I'm glad to see they're not using Creative's crappy EAX. I've never been a fan of EAX, it just sounds odd to me. Proper Dolby digital and DTS is the way forward in my oppinion. I'm guessing this will have some kind of digital output, I should hope so anyway.

9. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

all i can say is about time, that pci-e gets used more

10. otispunkmeyer

otispunkmeyer What's a Dremel?

now if they made a x16 one, i'd be ringing up the tills purchasing bits for that shuttle XPC with the crossfire support

its only got 2 x16 slots, i'd like one for a med GPU and t'other for sound. or can x1 work in a x16?

11. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

A 1x card will work in a 1x, 4x, 8x and 16x, thats the beauty of PCI-E :D

12. 3.5SE

3.5SE What's a Dremel?

I'm in for one. I want to add a sound card to my HTPC due to some not so crystal clear audio from my onboard sound. All I have left is two PCI-E 1X slots so this would be perfect. It's about time someone released a PCI-E sound card. Coax or optical connections are fine with me. The sheilding is also a major plus.

13. Snaek

Snaek What's a Dremel?

This should force Creative to come up with a PCI-E solution and then things will get interesting...

14. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I'm not a big fan of the idea of Asus creating their own chip because I'm afraid it will go the way of Nvidia's SoundStorm. - But I would really like to see a popular alternative to Creative because they seriously need a kick in the pants. I had some hope for Razer's sound card but they're just not big enough pose a serious challenge.

15. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

i hope 2 things about this, they open up their drivers (so people can write drivers for linux and other OS) and that this analy rapes creative.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

I swear their booth is like the Tardis. I found it on day one and now I can't find it again, it's just disappeared. :(:( I really need to get to see them tomorrow before I leave and get some more mice, soundcard and headphones for you lot.

17. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

After Creative's "support" over the last few years Its possible this audigy 2 might be the last one of there cards I buy, but I've never had a clear replacement in mind, we'll have to see, but this might just do it :)

18. Corvyne

Corvyne What's a Dremel?

Apparently this is a collaboration with Analogue Devices inc, the guys who do their on board audio.
    Interestingly enough creative did have a pci-e card on show at CES, only they weren't making a lot of noise about it as I only saw a couple of reports about it. So I suspect creative's response to this will come sooner rather than later.
    Still it's nice to see a pci-e sound card finally being released, hopefully Asus will stop using propriety connectors for their audio riser cards and use pci-e for them as well.

19. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

@ Bindi: :thumb: I'd love to see reviews on these as done by you guys

20. |V| 4 L k i 3 R

|V| 4 L k i 3 R Minimodder

Can we get some Hi-res of these? Was hoping to see what opamps and caps they are using to get an idea of the build/component quality.

Tags: Add Tags