1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Disaster WD 120 GIG 7200 RPM shatter...

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Stuntman, 10 Apr 2005.

1. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

Yeah your kinda right, any material could theoretically be made a few atoms thick, but how much is that gonna rocket the price up? A hell of a lot!! Platters are made from glass these days btw but they're coated with a metal layer which is quite thick which explains the weight of it :thumb:

2. dead_man

dead_man Confucious say: WTF???

so does this mean i should stop hittng my raptors :wallbash: :hehe: :D

3. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

damn guess you shouldn't smack one of the most sensitive peices of eqipment in your pc. although my pc buzzes every now and then and i do the samething, im pretty sure its just a fan though, :worried: I hope anyway.

I was helpin a friend work on his pc and we opened it while it was still on looked around and he leaned it over to get a better view and the hd let out this hellacious noise. Needless to say the pc crashed and then wouldn't boot past bios. we opened up the hd and there was a huge scratch about halfway across. The arm dug in like a son of a b!tch and was even a little bent.

4. GuardianStorm

GuardianStorm Minimodder

my PC was making a terible nose a while back, and reading this thread reminded me of it :) thankfully is was just a hard drive cooler fan, and as it was a cheap cooler, i just moded it.

Esencially that meant fileing the opening round the fan blades so they didnt run :p

5. Krog_Mod

Krog_Mod Minimodder

So Western Digital has upped its max lifespan from 2 months to 6 months ehh? LOL. I'm joking, but these kinds of things happen way too often on Western Digital HD's ... I know from experience. So I stick with Maxtors. :rock: I still have an 80MB Maxtor HD that still works! Not that It'll do any good. :hehe: