1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

NAAC - FINISHED! webcam-video on last page!

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by Jipa, 5 Jun 2005.

1. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

I just bought 200GB sata-disk, otherwise I'd maybe have to buy new one :D And MOD MUST GO ON. Now I'm mounting PSU's.. Have to do mountingbrackets from alu/acryl.. first cardboard-model :)

2. Jipa

This day has been great! I mounted webcam+motor, painted part from webcam, mounted cd-rack and now I allmost made fittings for PSUs!

Seems like I lost pic showing cd-rack, but here's PSUs:

[​IMG]

I'll cut those missing parts from metal sheet and sand, file and sand again those brackets I allready riveted.

3. Jipa

Pics only were in wrong folder, here they are now:

There's some adjustments in mountings, not much but I hope it'll do the trick.
    Drives in pictures aren't the actual ones I'm gonna use.

[​IMG]

I had some problems 'cause that rack must be removable, It would have been easier to just rivet it there.. Had to use two sizes of drillbits :D

[​IMG]

And here's frontwiev. I know, I know, hole isn't right sized and so on. I have good explanation for this but I dunno if I dare to say it :wallbash: But check those fans I have :) 30cm in diameter, moves air silently.

4. Jipa

Im on fire, I found rightsized piece for IO-ports and marked holes for rearfan, It's too late to drill, so I'll do it tomorrow. Good night, keep commentrate high :)

5. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Good job!:thumb:

Your CD-Drive mounting in the last pic looks squint. I don't know if it's just the angle of the photo, but it definately doesn't look straight. Other than that, good work.

_C

6. Jipa

I started painting fingerguards, one 120mm in the back and two 92mm in front. There's lots of things to do, and just 9 days to go.. I'm still missing an important part, and I still haven't done few most timetaking stages of whole project.. I think I'll make it, tho.

There's just that problem I woke up every day at 1PM or so.. So I've allready lost moddingtime when I wake up :D

Double_C:
    Well yes.. I had some problems with those drives. However I managed to make some adjustments and now they fit atleast a bit nicer :)

7. Jipa

rearfan mounted and missing PSU-brackets allso made and mounted. running on top gear, only 9 days left, so week of modding and this MUST be ready for action :D

8. pc-modd.dk

pc-modd.dk What's a Dremel?

nice webcam

9. LOTTARO

LOTTARO What's a Dremel?

i wanna see the colacooler online and ready to CHILLING!!!

:D

MORE PICS!! MORE PICS!!! ( the hinchada says!) hinchada=fanatics!

10. Jipa

More pics just around the corner ;) I've done few tiny but important things today... But as I said, pics coming still today.

11. c.cam108

c.cam108 Minimodder

Can't wait! :thumb:

_C

12. Jipa

Sorry I totally forgot the photos :D But here they are!

First of all powers. That doesn't look nice, but it works. I just have no time and parts to do everything nicely. After all this has been 0€ mod so far :D Or ok, maybe 10€ to spraypaint and bolts.. (Remember I haven't yet used the plexi I paid for ;) )

[​IMG]

Then I mounted rearfan (120mm) using same method as with PSUs. That isn't the fan I'm gonna use. There just as model.

[​IMG]

And here's painted fan grills and webcam. IMHO webcam would look stupid if it would be totally green. That looks nicer, believe me :naughty:

[​IMG]

And here's few shots in dark room. These are quite final, you see powers mounted, fangrill in the back, and so on. Optical drives aren't in place, so that's most visible difference. In these pics case stands on it's own feet, so that really shows how it will glow when finished.

[​IMG]

and back:

[​IMG]

And I'd like to welcome all comments once again! Comments and visitors really keep me goin' :thumb:

Last edited: 19 Jul 2005
  13. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

those 2 last pics are the same......

14. zantetsuken

zantetsuken What's a Dremel?

If i were you, I would paint the green in a metal-flake style of paint, possibly more expensive and tedious yes, but all-in-all a nicer look to me. Also a thin strip of Silver or chrome in between the two colors could accent nicely.

15. Jipa

CaseyBlackburn: thanks, I didn't check it after posting..

zantetsuken: I don't actually like metal-flake too much.. Pure colors are more likely for me. And what two colors did you ment? metal-flake and normal?

16. Jipa

I've been busy scratching paint off the case. It wasn't nearly as hard job with proper tools. Before this case I removed paints from my current case too, I made it with wrong tool and it wass h€ll of a kind job. I learnt few things and now want an revenge :D

And on with some pics.

Here's tools I used. Pic isn't good since it was simply too bright out there.
    Nitro mors - paint remover
    scratchingthing (I bought earlier today, 6€)
    brush to spread Nitro mors
    and sandpaper even it doesn't actually belong there.

Also I recommend to keep bucket of water with you, so if you splash any paintremoval on you, you can quickly get it off. I splashed that few times, it burns a bit but isn't leathal.

[​IMG]

Paints removed:

[​IMG]

and surface after sanding it on P180-sandpaper: (left is polished a bit, just to see does it make any difference)

[​IMG]

And it was one of "those" days again :rock:

[​IMG]

I think I have to get a cold shower after being out there for few hours :cooldude:

Now I have to unplug my rig since it's thunder. Comments?

17. CaseyBlackburn

Looks pretty good.

BTW is that a technical term you used, scratchingthing?

18. Stuntman

Stuntman Minimodder

Oooo! Me like! I like the way you did the packplate for the Power Supplies... looks like something I would do! :D

19. Jipa

CaseyBlackburn: How the hell should I know, U'r the one who speaks english :D

Stuntman: what can I say.. lol? :) Let's be amateurs together :p

20. CaseyBlackburn

I probaly would have gone more describtive: long pointy scratching thingy with yellow and black handel thingy that you used to scratch stuff with