1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Yoshi's Project Ultra Sim $30,000k Gaming Rig Pics "Not On Internet"

Discussion in 'Modding' started by VirtualJedi, 23 Jul 2004.

1. Mecha_Mindslayer

Mecha_Mindslayer Banned

get a tv card and get cable then you wont ever have to leave your pc :)

2. jgrade

jgrade What's a Dremel?

Cool, but let’s see some hydraulics to move that seat! At least include some bass shakers to get that seat vibrating. :rock: A flight stick attachment would also be a nice touch.

3. VirtualJedi

VirtualJedi What's a Dremel?

The seat moves and shakes.. from the sub thst is built into the seat, look at the 2nd pic. :wallbash:

4. FILTHY1337

FILTHY1337 Senior Overclocker

3 thread for this subject?

well since this is an f1 sim it makes sence that there are padles
    and i agree with zap the general fit an finish is not up to par but then again hes not the zapwizard :p
    the tft's could have done with a custome mount to decreece the gap as much as passible but they may have been a lone :sigh:

5. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

its amazing that people are still amazed by him in my opinion. I havent seen a single one of his mods that doesnt look like it was just thrown together the night before. #)K and he couldnt even mkae it look good. He could have at least done what anyone whos worked on a motorcyle does with wiring, and run it through the frame. It would have made it look cleaner. A very simple bit of fiberlgass work could have had the PC built into a nice looking enclosure that would fit in with the chassis and the racing theme. All this is, is is just throwing enough money at a project that it would have parts in it that would make people drool. Matrox Parhelia.... wtf, you've noticed that Matrox hasnt attempted anything big in the 3D world since that card?

6. VirtualJedi

Remeber I think your mistaking everything here about his MOD. Its not god gifts to the world but it is a good idea and no one else has done one like this so give him credit where credit is do and just enjoy the mod.

Its art. Not gods gift. So hey what the hell give him props.

7. k3nn

k3nn What's a Dremel?

im sorry but i have to agree with morphine in saying that it looks rather rushed in terms of constuction. if a jobs worth doing its worth doing properly IMO, yes its impressive in what it is but still a bit more work could have made it look far better

8. Morphine

Morphine weeee!

Actualy, it has been done. Many, man, times before. Infact there was a company a while ago that had these things built to order a while ago, I'll have to see if I can dig out their site or some pics. but they had painted/anodized their frames, the monitor stand was on a hydrolic hinge that came down after the player sat in the seat, everything was integrated perfectly.

9. Fry

Fry What's a Dremel?

ive seen that too, it was to make the almost perfect ergonomic PC they fitted it to each persons body custom built.

10. VirtualJedi

Maximum PC has a guy who made a similar one on the last page of the magazine, that was designed out of a motorcycle frame and I think it was made for flight simulation..

Its getting time for me to build one myself.

11. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

Holy Thread Resurrection Batman! wow, way to bring back a thread thats over a year old! And yeah I saw that in the back of maximum pc

12. Mace

Mace Ohh, it stings.

They could've at least given it a decent finish for 30k

13. glaeken

glaeken Freeeeeeeze! I'm a cawp!

lets see, sega did this with ferrari f355 challenge, and its only 8,000(well thats what its worth now neways)! it has all of the aluminum petals and the gated ferrari shifter with a steel shaft and ball. Now i must admit the game is a bit dated, but it is still one of the most realistic and fun games to play(the best when it comes to the arcade version). He has had some good mods though.

Its too bad G4 bought out TechTv, i really enjoyed their programming. I actually used to learn something when i watched the Screensavers. Now that channel blows, it doesnt have any good computer/technology related shows(cmon "Attack of the show" u gotta b f'n kiddn me, they talk about happy tree friends). The only thing i like about G4 is the pro drifting competitions.

edit: a year ago this was a good channel, now its in the crapper.

14. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I really dont understand where his 30,000 budget whent too honestly. I suppose 5grand would be going towards the Monitors, maybe 5-7grand on the PC, probly a grand on metal and a few hundred on a gaming wheel. I think what cost so much was the over-rated crappy surround sound system :D

15. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

good lord, someone lock this! it's a year old!!

16. ChromeX

ChromeX Minimodder

WTF im I missing something here? That thing sucks HARD! How the hell could someone spend 30k on that, all he's done is built a frame enclosure, stuck a steering wheel on it with some pedals on the floor and its got surround sound! People have been buildind MUCH more impressive simulators for the flight sim series of games for years with clean wiring and which look good! Ok this was from last year and maybe it was cool then, but come on it doesnt even look like an F1 car morphine's right if he'd have built a nice fibreglass enclosure I could respect that at least then I could say something nice about construction as it stands though this is rubbish!