1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Everyone in WoW has AIDS

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 19 Sep 2005.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

Heh. Just in time for this year's superflu that's supposed to be the new plague once it mutates to being able to transmit in air (currently can only do so by contact with infected birds, to my understanding).

3. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

LOL!! :D

Thats pretty funny, and kind of interesting I guess. They should let it run, survival of the fittest and all.

I wanna see it on BBC news, all the old biddys geting woried like its the Millenium Bug :worried: (biggest marketing bs con ever)

Either of you play it?

4. r00t69

r00t69 What's a Dremel?

Looks like there's a need for some new characters like bio-engineers and possibly a Bio Emergency Response Team :)

5. kosch

kosch Trango in the Mango

I havent logged in since the patch, think I'll be staying logged out until they send in the tactical nukes to clear it all up.

But looking at it, it is pretty interesting how something like that can happen in a mmo!

6. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Nifty. Really nifty. And funny. Time to see what the guys over at Penny Arcade have to say about this :)

7. Reaper_Unreal

Reaper_Unreal Minimodder

You know, I was on pretty much all day yesterday, and as long as you stay out of Ironforge and any other really major city you're fine. I was walking around Wetlands and Darkshore for hours yesterday and I didn't see a single infected person. Then again, my server is only moderately populated.

Sorta worrying though, as most of my guild was doing ZG yesterday, and all weekend pretty much. Hope they don't spread it to me. I wonder, if you mind control an enemy unit could you get him/her infected?

I agree with FIBRE+, I'd like to see some major news corporation blow this out of proportion (FOX News anyone?). I can just see it now, "Major new online virus infects thousands who play WoW. The end is near! OMGOMGOMGOMGOMG!!!!111!`1!one" Yep, sounds just like FOX News.

8. Xiachunyi

Xiachunyi What's a Dremel?

I like the Explosion bug/feature better since it had that esoteric sense: WoW Video

Even I don't play WoW, I find that the world does seem to follow the real world in terms of reaction and the process carried out by the GMs in a limited environment.

9. Herbicide

Herbicide Lurktacular

Bwahahahaha! Virtual biowar!

I think it's hilarious (anyone seen a hazmat team lately...)

:hehe:

- H.

10. wolff000

wolff000 I am here to steal your secrets.

Frickin hilarious! this almost makes me want to buy an account.

11. MiNiMaL_FuSS

MiNiMaL_FuSS ƬӇЄƦЄ ƁЄ ƇƠƜƧ ӇЄƦЄ.

Firehed: you are reffering to the bird flu, which for the first tiem has mutated so humans can contract it. of those that contract it 1/2 die, however this is mostly in 3rd world countried, it is expected that our treatment rate would be much better.

Birds form the infected regions often migrate to Anglia for the winter...so yes we are expecting the birdflu soon, still no official word on goverment stock piling though, it looks pretty grim.

12. Lowsidex2

Lowsidex2 Minimodder

First we need the President to declare the area a federal disaster area. This will allow FEMA to come in and provide assistance. Next we get the Red Cross to set up a special donations account so the victims and their families can get assistance during this trying time. Finally we'll need a $50billion aid package to rebuild and reenergize the local economy.

oh, and by the way.... WILL SOMEONE, FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, CALL THE CDC!!!!!

13. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Same here, for some reason it makes me more interested too :confused:

Aswel as that other story of online muggings, made me wanna play that too... Hmmm, its the dark side coming through :worried:

14. Migishu

Migishu What's a Dremel?

I would've preferred they played the "You have AIDS (you got the AIDS)" song from Family Guy than the AIDS song from that ****** movie.

*so far haven't contracted*

15. squeck

squeck Lurker

lol, haven't logged in since this patch went live but i'll have to see if any of my mates have it.

on a stranger note i wonder how they'll fix this:

mages can teleport between the three major cities of their faction with no cooldown period, that plus the hearthstone means my main character could infect hundreds of other characters within a minute or two.....

16. -EVRE-

-EVRE- What's a Dremel?

lol sounds like fun :/

when you die and get rezed, arnt you cured?

17. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

Do you plan to?

18. boggsi

boggsi What's a Dremel?

Minimal, you sound worried and we all should be, however government ARE stockpiling,
    http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/health/4699699.stm

Also, *doesnt have linky* but the fatality rate is continously falling, trouble is its hard to tell who has had it and who has just had a bad case of the flu virus. Obviously if someone dies unexpectedly it can be assertained as the cause of death, but not everyone that gets the flu visits a doctor/can visit a doctor in order to be diagnosed with it, hence fatality rate is significantly skewed. At one point, they had found no one who had survived it.

19. Kagato

Kagato What's a Dremel?

Last edited: 20 Sep 2005
  20. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

Hahaha...this is still damn funny. :)

Tags: Add Tags