1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Something paranormal going on?

Discussion in 'General' started by Sam0r, 30 Jan 2006.

1. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Recently I met a girl, a really nice girl (And before you think, no this isn't a gloat thread). She's into all this paranormal stuff, and she claims to be psychic.

Although I've not seen any proof (apart from some very very cool trick she did with my hand) that she really is.

We had a really in-depth conversation about it the other day, where she told me she's talked to spirits, which I think is pretty cool.

The following day, I noticed flickering lights... Now I'm very sensitive to flickering lights, and the lights in my house never, ever flicker.

Thursday:

Came back from college, noticed the kitchen lights flicker as I walked into the kitchen.

Went upstairs, turned on my desk lamp, it flickered about 5 minutes after I turned it on.

Went into the bathroom, lights flickered.

Friday:

Walked into the spare room where my servers are. Turned the light on before I entered the room. Yep, as I walked in, it flickered.

Had to go out to her birthday party, as I was walking down the drive, I turned around and noticed the portch light was flickering pretty badly.

Walked into the pub I was meeting her at (Which is quite far away) and I noticed the lights flickered.

Got home at around 12 but the lights in the portch wern't flickering.

Maybe I'm just paranoid? I dont know, I just find it really, really, spooky.

Your thoughts? :worried:

2. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Your really cool, really in-depth conversation with this really cool girl who obviously made an impression on you in many ways, has sensitised you to any experiences that could be interpreted as "paranormal". As such you are now hypervigilant to anything that seems out of the ordinary and explain it as such.

Had you not met this girl, you would have thought: "Hmmm... lights keep flickering... I wonder if there is anything wrong with the fusebox". :D

3. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Yeah Nexxo, I know exactly what you're saying. I just find it weird that it happened both at my house AND the pub we were at!

Edit:

Oh and the fact that she talks to dead people.

4. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

A lot of people do. It only gets strange when they reply. :)

5. KelticFox

KelticFox What's a Dremel?

After all:

ASCII to ASCII
    DOS to DOS

6. Tibby

Tibby Back Once Again

You have an EMI device in your pocket?

7. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

maybe ur dead???

i think its all a load of big hairly smelly sweaty balls....just shag the crazy girl and dump her....

8. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Nice work. :rolleyes: :grr:

9. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

Or are you just pleased to see me?

Sorry, I just had to!

10. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Open your mind a little, It helps.

11. Shadowed_fury

Shadowed_fury Minimodder

Dude, 666th post? Something IS going on! ://

12. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Ok she just scared the living **** out of me.

On MSN she said "I'm going to try and touch you now, are you ready?", so I replied with yes.

Few seconds later, I feel a weird feeling on the right side of my neck, like when your muscle goes slightly weird.

And seriously, I'm not joking about this.

13. Malvolio

Malvolio .

Yeah, it's called "power of suggestion". You believe it will happen, so it does happen.

If you want a real test, tell her to try and "touch" you at a random time she chooses, then she has to write down the time in a sealed envelope. If you feel this "touch", you write down the time in a sealed envelope as well.

Compare :thumb:

14. seebul

seebul Minimodder

lol :hehe:

15. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

Good plan, I'm going to get her to try that.

I did think about the power of suggestion, but she didn't say where she was going to touch me, I was thinking it would've been my hand, because she likes my hands.

16. Faind

Faind What's a Dremel?

Hm She's probably just needs attention, I suspect if she really was psychic she be a little more hesitant to discuss the issue, since a real psychic would have a lot of negative attention to deal with.

on a side note* I have this high maintenance friend who suddenly became psychic after reading about it on the net. She managed to convince some of the guys she could do the parlor tick stuff but it didn't hold up long since every one wanted to try and most of them could do it to. She even dragged a bunch of us out out to an abandon slaughter house at 3 am one time to hunt for ghost's. She did the whole song and dance closing her eyes humming shaking her hands. looking for??? The ghosts of cows haunting the slaughterhouse apparently.. all she found was some kids drinking. The place was creepy but it wasn't haunted.

Last edited: 30 Jan 2006
  17. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

I'm going to do what Malf said, seems like a really good idea to me. I'll report back :)

18. atanum141

atanum141 I fapped to your post!

sorry man..i was just joking.
    but as i pretty much given up my religion in every which way in my life...i tend not to care about things that cant be explaned.

p.s. did you shag her yet??
    also i love you av!

19. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

She's not religious either, and neither am I. And no, I have not played "hide the sausage" with her yet :p

20. Hippo

Hippo Pre-dates 5.25" Floppies

She is not psychic, she may be a very nice person but not psychic.

As Nexxo said you were hyper sensitive after your chat and so your mind latched on to something you perceive to be 'paranormal'. The same effect can be seen after you buy a new car, suddenly you notice cars on the road the same as yours, but until you bought one you didn’t notice them.

Also the neck touching thing. You were in a higher state of awareness, knowing she was 'psychic' and as such any normal feeling in your body could be perceived as something else. Depending on your suggestibility you may feel more than others.

My mother was a spiritualist medium when I was a child and although I had some wierd 'experiences' I looked into other possible causes. The human brain can trick us into believing very unbelievable things.

As an example? See Derren Brown