1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

i've gone off games

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by ajiKaBooM!, 14 Feb 2006.

1. ajiKaBooM!

ajiKaBooM! What's a Dremel?

is it a temporary phase cos at the moment i havent touched my psp in a long time, and i havent felt the need to play computer games for some time now.

maybe im growin up and theres more great things in the world to do then gape at a screen on ur lazy butt for hours - or in some extreme cases, days, weeks, months and years while u flush ur life down the toilet and realise when ur 45 that u wasted ur youth on a computer when u shud have been havin a good sh*g with young pretty girls

2. nintendoh

nintendoh What's a Dremel?

lol I know what you mean, I'm only 24 but must have spent months of my life sat in a room clutching a joypad ( good name cos they really did bring joy in the old days, thats the early 90's to me ! ) and I go through stages when I lose interest or find it hard to get exited by a new game, Maybe the Nintendo revolution will change that ? I hope so anyway :)

3. N/A

N/A What's a Dremel?

yea, I haven't touched my PSP in a long while too.... maybe it's becuase I got my EE due tomorrow... please read my IB thread

I've been so busy lately... no time to play for a long time... I'm even thinking of selling my PSP.

Can't wait till summer... I'm gonna get a new rig then and play my hearts out.... but then AM2 is comming out.... and after reading the www.overclockers.com article... I'm kinda sad.

4. crayfish

crayfish Amazing scenes!

Got a PS2? Play We Love Katamari. You'll soon forget all about this phase :D

5. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

i stopped playing games for a while, you just need a new one to start you back to where you were.
    a game to remind you why you play, the fun, enjoyment challenge competition etc.
    i find the best way is to play with mates, its just one big laugh then, and thats all i need to keep me happy.

6. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

There was a time where I spent hours every night on CS (and I was on dialup), but now, I only play a few (2-3) hours a week. It may be a phase, but it's not as if I don't enjoy the games anymore.

7. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

I hardly play games anymore either. I used to love them too :(

The only games I really play now is Burnout 3 and PacMan...

8. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

I tend to alternate between console and pc gaming. Tbh games have been part of my life ever since I can remember, can't imagine life without gaming. :)

9. Mafney

Mafney What's a Dremel?

I get that some days, but for most Im off playing CS or some other great games. They make school life more interesting anyways.

10. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Pssshhh. My school blocked ports 27015 and 27016 so us CS players here on campus cannot access the sever lists for any STEAM game. Stupid ITC assholes.

But, I still have classics like FarCry and Chaos Theory to play online and they are a blast anyway. I rarely play games at all due to my Major and when I do it's a quick jaunt on UT:GOTY edition and I am done. I need a game like Oblivion. Something to keep me enthralled for hours. I own Dragon Quest 8 and that is one hell of a game. I still bust out classics like Dragon Warrior 4 and A Link to the Past every now and again just because of how well these games are made. Dragon Warrior 4 is my favorite game ever and Link to the Past is IMHO the best Zelda game ever. Games recently are over too quick and are boring. FEAR was fun for 4 hours and AOE 3 was great until you play the campaigns and realize they suck.

Sorry to rant, but that's how I feel. I'll go back to playing some Sid Meier's Sim Golf 'cause I love both aspects of it: RTS and golf :)

11. Mafney

Mafney What's a Dremel?

I've considered buying Morrowind, Elder Scrolls III that is, for ages but Im really not sure if I would have the time to play it.

Although, I did spend about 4 weekends playing Icewind Dale II because it was just really addictive and I really wanted to complete an RPG game. It did take about 35-40 hours I should think, and you don't really get much in the way of unlockable content at the end. Its the story that really gets you engrossed in the game, you just want to keep playing to find out what happens next. There is the personal satisfaction of knowing you completed a damn good game as well, which is quite nice.

I think thats what the most recent games are lacking, excellent storylines. Although, most of them do have quite good stories, they just aren't the epic tales like Zelda, Baldurs Gate, Icewind Dale etc. were.

12. Maniac618

Maniac618 What's a Dremel?

I'm doing a Computer Games Technology degree and for some time I was going off them and getting a bit worried, but I'm back now!

The XBox 360 and it's new glossy coat of technical paint (the graphics) has got me going again. My PC is ok, but needs updating next Jan with direct x 10.

:rock:

13. Shuriken

Shuriken same christmas AV for a whole year

I'm glad I'm not the only one, I'm also doing a degree in computer games development, yet I havn't turned my PS2 on since after christmas (I've got prince of persia 2 thrones and time splitters 3 that I've barely played) and I havn't played any PC games for the same ammount of time, which is very strange for me :confused:

I hope I'm not growing up, where's the fun in that?

14. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Haha, maybe its just that most games nowadays try SOOOOOO hard that they can suck the fun out of it? I dunno seems like the new games are all so shiny and flashy that it can get friggen ridiculous. I can't wait for Oblivion though, that's hours of funtastic gaming right there.

15. ajack

ajack rox

I used to game fairly frequently but just don't at all anymore. Don't think I've actually played a PC game for ~6 months now. I play GoldenEye fairly regularly at uni, but that game is just super pwnage.

16. Cadillac Ferd

Cadillac Ferd What's a Dremel?

Haha, man I remember how badly I used to get pwned in that game... I thank the lord daily that console fps's have two thumsticks now.

17. hudzoid

hudzoid Minimodder

I hardly play games these days, mainly because of life changes and money.

I don’t get much spare time these days as I started working full time and I don’t get much spare money since moving out of my parent’s house.

Maybe when I get a new Xbox 360 game I will start playing more again.

18. chaz98765

chaz98765 What's a Dremel?

In days gone by i have owned pretty much every console since the master system, every time a new one came out, i'd buy it.

before christmas i bought a psp, xbox 360 and 7800 gtx, but i have sold all of them. i jus don't enjoy like i did. i dont know if its a phase or i feel i should be doing something better.

but i still hav the trusty ps2 and gt4. i'll never grow tired of racing games no matter how boring they may be to others

this is my first post so only 74 to go

19. nintendoh

nintendoh What's a Dremel?

games now becoming tiresome, Only the Nintendo Revolution can re-awaken my love affair with games :)

20. ou7blaze

ou7blaze sensational.

I've found that i've become bored of my old favourite genre (FPS) so I just changed and am now enjoying age of mythology with friends, very fun game.

MMORPG's don't get boring either.

Tags: