1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Lip piercings..your thoughts?

Discussion in 'General' started by Icecoldbagey, 21 Feb 2006.

1. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I had my labret pierced about 5 months ago, in the centre and i am now very tempted to get either side done as well. Mmm love piercings.

2. K

K 528491

You should get it with a stud in first, else the hole will heal in a curved manner. Sounds crazy but that's what penski went on about an awful lot whenever he dished out lip piercing advice and I'd definitely trust the guy. Seriously, just hit him up on msn or something. Plus he's in that area and will know the best places to go.

3. Sam0r

Sam0r It's been a while

They're absolutely awful!

4. Hybr1d

Hybr1d Bаnned

I agree fully. Each to his own I guess...

5. Spiral Architect

Spiral Architect Cooked on Phonics

Definitely not my thing. Whatever floats your boat I suppose.

6. Arkuden

Arkuden mow?

got my lip done last year right side BCR style. I liked it but it was almost too much of a shock for me and I had to get rid of it for work. Wish I still had it though.

7. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

agree!

I hate piercings in the face. Everywhere else is ok, but face, including the tounge just look silly.

8. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

I liked my labret piercing. I thought it looked good and it was something to play with (with my tongue). However, I've taken it out now to look smarter for work, and I'm left with a small scar. It's not particularly noticeable but it is there. It doesn't bother me, but it might bother some people.

9. madmodder

madmodder What's a Dremel?

Personally I love piercings (Got 5) but just not on the lip...Lip piercings are just....cliche. As people have been saying, get it done at a reputable place, and for gods sake make sure to keep a lip/labret piercing clean as they can get bits of food etc in them..

10. SensesFail

SensesFail Guest

Lip piercing? Go big or go home. Cut your tongue in half snake style. Or get a cauterized tattoo. Lip piercing... :rolleyes:

Heh, I recommend not poking unnecessary holes in your body because:
    1.) I think they look lame (which is the main reason your shouldn't get one...:))
    2.) Health problems
    3.) There is no point...

Like everyone said though, to each their own. If a guy wants to cut off his wang and be a chick...all the power to him. Just make sure you want to be a chick before you pull out the knife. :D (just in case...I'm being figurative here)

11. Icecoldbagey

Icecoldbagey Mountain Dew!!!

Yes there is no point in piercing..but if everything in life had to have a point it would be mighty boring.

Ice

12. dom_

dom_ --->

No need to bash piercings.
    If you have nothing constructive to say to icecoldbagey then why say anything at all. Discussing the positives and negatives of piercings would be taking this off topic.

13. ozstrike

ozstrike yip yip yip yip

I think you should definately get two lip piercings like the guy out of Disturbed :worried:.
    I'm not sure what they're called, they hook round underneath your chin.
    They're cool, I swear. :hehe:

14. loops

loops What's a Dremel?

I must admit I have a serious thing about guys with lip peircings, Ive always thought they looked really good on the right person if at the centre of the lip, however on girls I dont think they are as nice,I wouldnt go do it

15. DivineSin

DivineSin What's a Dremel?

I had my labret pierced a while back, stretched it down to 4g until a year ago when i had to look for work, has healed nicely tbh (only a tiny scar).

Theres only a few things you need to worry about, when you get it pierced the piercer is probably going to give you a standard stud (I would recommend not getting a ring at first, wait for it to heal) that is long to allow for swelling. When it heals you can either go for a smaller stud or a ring. Just remember to get a smaller sized ring (normal CBR earings are usually too long to put in your lip and they'll cock to one side instead of staying straight or they can rub against your teeth) or a smaller stud. If you dont have a stud that fits your lip your going to have a problem with the little disk rubbing against your gums, and this can turn into a major problem because it can erode down the gum line.

16. profqwerty

profqwerty What's a Dremel?

17. Wispa

Wispa What's a Dremel?

I had my tongue done a couple of years ago, was on of those impulse moments. Wouldn't recommend it though, my teeth are pretty chipped these days....got a 'tooth friendly' thing in now.

18. Da_BaCoN

Da_BaCoN Minimodder

Speaking from lots of experience with piercings (especially lip piercings - I've had 4 different lip piercings, and ~20 in all), I highly suggest going with your gut feeling. In all reality, you shouldn't need to ask us what to do to your body. Deciding whether or not to get a needle through your body and going through the trouble of healing/maintaining based on the opinions of some peeps on the internet (as great as we may be though :D ) should not be your motivation.

However, I do understand your desire for advice and all, here's a couple of tips
    1) Make sure it's a good piercing studio (this means don't just go there because "your friend said they're totally awesome!"). Ask them about sanitation, etc.
    2) Get a labret stud initally (versus a ring). For "fresh" lip piercings, rings must have a large diameter to accomodate for swelling. But when the swelling goes down, but before you can change the jewelry (at least a month or two), you'll have a big floppy ring that will be proned to movement => hurting/delaying healing of the piercing.
    3) Make sure the placement is good. Tell the piercer you want it long term and are worried about the jewelry rubbing your gums/teeth. If he's decent at all (and he should be if you're going to him!), he should be able to pick the best spot/angle for your specific anatomy.

Cauterized tattoo? You mean branding? At least know your terms before talking
    1) Because YOU think they look lame, that's the main reason he shouldn't get it done? That's quite arrogant
    2) What health problems? The only real possible problems would be gum/teeth rubbing/recession and those can be easily avoided by going to a reputable piercer and proper care
    3) Maybe there's no point to you. But throughout many cultures piercings have been used as marking points in a person's life (for instance LIP piercings have been used as a right of passage to manhood), for religious reasons, pure asthetics, basically any reason the person wants.
    </rant on that :) >

Anyways, any more questions you got, I'll do my best to answer (at least until penski shows up, if he ever does)

19. MaplinMan

MaplinMan What's a Dremel?

i dont like lips pierced at all

i think nose pierced can be cute on a girl, like a stud or something

but i think lips look sexy just by themselves... putting holes and metal aroudn them just ruins it for me

20. Fly

Fly inter arma silent leges

but but... :(