thanks to the gods my cellphone finaly busted

Discussion in 'General' started by MageOutlaw, 3 Apr 2006.

1. FredsFriend

FredsFriend What's a Dremel?

It got a much better screen as well and i think more memory. Plus it's a hell of a lot faster so i assume that a processor got upgraded as well

2. MageOutlaw

MageOutlaw What's a Dremel?

Anyone know about the Nokia 7710 Widescreen? it looks ok

3. MageOutlaw

MageOutlaw What's a Dremel?

i was looking at the O2 Xda Exec and it said somthing about tri-band. my only kind of quess would be it has somthing to so with the kind of signal it gets from cell phone towers. if anyone know what it is about that would be coll because i would not want to buy a phone and have it not work because of it. and if im right is the signal supported the USA?

4. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

http://www.my-xda.com/xdaexec_spec.html Most of the information you should need to know is here. A few different service providers sell the Exec under their own brand (although I do believe it's made by i-mate), so look around for some deals- personally I'll hopefuly be getting one from O2 though as they're the only company that offer it in black with a blue backlight ;)

<A88>

5. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

Just thought I'd bump this thread slightly rather than start a new one. Basically my contract's up on O2, and I fancy a phone upgrade. So, I have the choice of the usual suspects that are out at the moment.

Samsung d500/d600/z510/z320i/s500i/s400i/p300
    Sony Ericson k750i/w800i/w810i/w550i
    Moto V3i/V3/V3x/pebl/slvr
    Nokia 6230i/N70

Basically I don't really care about have all the features like a camera (I have a DSLR) or a music player (I have an iPod) or smartphone features (I have a PDA). So I just want a simple phone for texting and calling. I absolutely HATE lag in a phone though. I had a Nokia 3230 smartphone and that was really laggy and I hated it. It was also pretty chunky.

However, I am a bit of a magpie and I love small shiny things.

So I don't want the Nokia n70, and the w550i is a bit chunky too. I had a Motorola v600 and I swore I'd never get another motorola phone. And I reckon that still stands unless they made them loads better in the last year or so. I do like flip phones though.

Aaaages ago I had a Sony t610 that I really liked, so I'm tempted by the w800/810i. But they are clearly sold as a "walkman phone" which doesn't interest me in the slightest. Plus I have a Mac so I think I'd have a hard time getting any music onto it anyway... But music functions aside, is the w810i a decent phone?

And what is the best Samsung phone out of the ones I listed? I quite like the look of the p300, but it looks a bit fragile and I think I would break it. So what about the d600? Or possibly the z510i. Is it basically just the same, but with a flip instead of a slide?

Mmmmm, long post. Anyone got any ideas?

6. The_Gimpy

The_Gimpy What's a Dremel?

Dude, I work at a call center for customer care for nextel. Personaly after working for them, I'd say only go with them if your gonna be using the walkie talkie feature with your friends alot. They offer horrible coverage, even though they merged with sprint, they work on a completely differnt network, so you can only get the phones they sell, and can't use any GSM phone or the likes., plus the coverage is really sketchy in alot of areas. Oh and cderalow, the price on the free incoming 300 went down 10$ at the begining, so if you plan to be with nextel a while, call in and change your plan to the new version, plus ask and see if your eligable for 15% off everybill if you sign a new 2 year contract. that way you get he 15% off for signing the new contract, then upgrade your plan within the new contract date so it dosn't get extended more.
    Wow... talking about work on the internet is weird.

7. horse

horse What's a Dremel?

I have an SE W800, which i think is a fantastic phone so the W810 should be good too, to store music on it i use a memory card reader rather than the cable (i've had it since Oct and not even taken the cable out of the box yet) just store music in the audiodirectory rather than the MP3 directory
    I don't have a mac but i think it is supported by iSync already

horse

8. Tomm

Tomm I also ride trials :¬)

If you can just copy via a card reader then I suppose that would work just fine. I just thought Sony were really anal about using their software. I guess I'm living in a world of NetMDs :D

And yeah, most phones will work in iSync - in fact there was an iSync update in today's software update, so I doubt there would be any problems there.