1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Oblivion

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by Jokkocze, 9 Mar 2006.

1. RaGzY

RaGzY What's a Dremel?

No no no no no.

No need to apologize, and i need to be corrected,otherwize i will carry on making the same mistakes, thanks

2. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

Rule number one: TES games are the best ever :p

I have to say Oblivion is good, but after about 3 days of solid play, I just got completely bored of it. It's a completely different game to Morrowind, for me personally I don't think it's a better different. Don't get me wrong, I enjoy the game, but after a while it all seems a bit shallow compared to TES3. Even though the world is bigger, it seems smaller...bleh I don't know, it's hard to put my finger on, but something about the game isn't quite right.

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

i kinda got stuck completely in mine now.

I've completed the dark brotherhood and the mages guild and started on the thieves guild.

But I need to cure myself of some diseases although my infamy is too high and the altars won't cure me. :'(

4. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

You need to make/buy cure disease potions then (they're pretty expensive to buy :()

Dark Brotherhood quests are really enjoyable, that was so much better done than the Morag Tong in TES3.

5. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Agreed, it was amazing how twisted some of it was. I won't talk about specifics, since some people won't have played them yet, but some of those missions made me smile a very evil smile indeed :D

6. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

Yep, some nice plot twists there, probably the first time a computer game has made me feel guilty (other than playing them too much :D )

7. Purge

Purge What's a Dremel?

eny person know to say as for lara naked
    sorry my english

8. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

Well, even on my POS of a system after musch screwing with the config file and reading that lovely guide posted on the front page I am enjoying TESIV:O at a spectacular 800x600 w/2x AA, large textures, water on high w/ripples and reflections and everything else as low as it will go. Not exactly stunning, but hell, for a 6600 (non-GT AGP) and a two year old P4, I sure as hell ain't complaining :D

Screenies :D:D:D
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: 21 May 2006
  9. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

still looks OK to me - still better than morrowind!

10. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

That's pretty respectable considering the hardware. Of course, if I stretched that out to the full size of my display, I can't imagine it'd look that great, but technically speaking you've got more grass than me, and I'm running at 7900GT (of course, mine's at 1920x1200 HDR, rather than 800x600 2xAA :worried: ).

11. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

All the altars are calling me a thief and a sinner, so what I lead a certian guild. :D Seriously I need to get that down a little, what can I do?

I decided to play a "little bit" yesterday and gained 10 levels, If you play it that much it does get borring after a while. Its best to do it in smaller chunks.

12. automagsrock

My infamy is so high on one of my saves all the guards call me a murderer and tell me to watch out or they'll get me (not ewxact but close enough)

13. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Im still a level 1. What am i doing wrong? I've done loads of quests and put many many hours into the game!

14. automagsrock

Need to work on building up your main stats. Like for instance, if you are a warrior, then killing things with your sword, healing yourself and using flare a lot will increase your overall level. The faster you raise your main stats, the faster you. I can now get to level 3 within about an hour or so anymore, but that also depends on what class you are and what sign and such. Being a Warrior (to me anyway) seems easiest to level with.

15. specofdust

specofdust Banned

You're doing nothing wrong. It's not really possible to do the wrong thing, just do what you want to do. The game designers like people to spend hours exploring at first, meeting people, interacting with the environment, hiking of into the back of nowhere. Don't focus on levels, focus on enjoyment :)

Once the levels start coming, they come far far too fast anyway.

16. AlexB

AlexB Web Nerd

Cheers boys!

I'm a battlemage.

17. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

check out Khajiit the ninja!
    I enjoyed this game like no-other,pure 24/7 playing the first mount.Started another hero and different playstyle.It took me off wow for about 1 mount,then i got addicted again.

18. hughwi

hughwi Minimodder

Ok... having absolutely loved Morrowind, i decided to take the plunge with oblivion.... this is where i had a MAJOR hiccup. Ive got exams in a week and im totally addicted!!!!

19. tuna

tuna What's a Dremel?

Yup, sounds like oblivion. I'v put like god knows how many hours into it and i'm still level 12 :jawdrop:

20. Dustin

Dustin What's a Dremel?

Level doesnt matter in most rpg games.Its not like the online ones.Go in some town,drink a beer and suit yourself in the game.I played whole neverwinter nights and baldur's gate without even checking my level.

Tags: