1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii've played it

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 11 May 2006.

1. yahooadam

yahooadam <span style="color:#f00;font-weight:bold">Ultra cs

wow

for a pretty anti nintendo guy

damn this almost makes me want to get one

i have to say, i do like the challenge of a zelda game ....

2. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

Hm...

Retro games - Nintendo's entire back catalogue? RPG heaven... :D

3. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Can't see Goldeneye and Perfect Dark, and Donkey Kong coming without a fight from Microsoft.

Not sure on whether they'll let em out since they own Rare.

4. Mr T

Mr T 4 Left Into Long 3 Right

Has anyone heard anything about it playing gamecube games? It would be awesome if i could use all mine on it :) Probably a bit big to be downloading with it.

5. Lazarus Dark

Lazarus Dark Minimodder

dude, you got me super-FRIKN- E X C I T E D!!
    I cried when zelda came out for gamecube as zelda is my favorite series ever, but i just couldn't justify buying a gamecube for only one game. I haven't played my xbox more than a dozen times in the last two years as i had become bored with console games. I thought about skipping this generation altogether until I heard about the downloadable retro games. but old school games plus gc compatible plus light gun plus retro controller plus strange but innovative new controller pluszeldaplus......*goes into video game anticipation siezure*

my new plan is as follows:
    find zelda for gamecube and buy it.
    get wii and twilight princess on launch day.
    download all classic zeldas. (mmm...remembers the enter summer spent playing link to the past nonfreaknstop)
    play all zeldas untill i pass out from dehydration.

...and yes I will buy wii even if zelda is the only wii game i purchase as i am more likely to download the old stuff. Even my girlfriend, not a gamer, is excited about playing the old stuff with me.

on a side note after initially being horrified by the name, I have quickly gotten used to it. but telling people I like to play with my wii is never going to get old. hehe

6. Uno1_

Uno1_ What's a Dremel?

Lazarus, you might be disappointed by Zelda for the Gamecube if you go that option. The graphics of it turned quite a few fans off it (Shigeru is quoted as having said "Why aren't they clapping?" when it was first revealed at e3.) being an extremely stylized cel-shaded approach. The end-game section was also kind of disapointing.

Speaking personally though, if you're a Zelda fan you owe it to yourself to play the Windwaker, as it is a very tight title, and after the first 3 minutes, the graphics don't bother you. And after the 5th minute, you start wondering how anyone could think any other style would have worked. :D

Maybe you should wait till Wii and buy a preowned copy. Wii will play Gamecube after all... But when Wii comes out I'll be too busy with Twilight Princess. :D

7. Leitchy

Leitchy Minimodder

No more playing that console late at nights with the wife/parents in bed then eh. You'd make more noise than kids with Lego swinging that thing and stomping around!!

Looks seriously fun though!!!

8. Darv

Darv Bling!!

Well Rare made GBA games and now they're making Diddy Kong Racing on the DS. The problem is more about licencing. Activison own the licence for Bond games so it has to be an agreement between Activision, Rare and Nintendo. However Donkey Kong is owned by Nintendo so there should be no problem there. And as for Perfect Dark. I think Microsoft may even allow it. It means extra money for them, plus if you want to play another Perfect Dark game you have to get a 360. Seems like a good marketing tool.

Yep it will play all Gamecube games. Not selected ones like the 360.

9. chemo

chemo True Jungle Brother

this looks sooooo good :rock:

10. [sinz]

[sinz] What's a Dremel?

While I generally take Bit-Tech's word as gold, I'm still a bit skeptical. From the performance at the conference when the 3 big-wigs played tennis with the contest winner, it was quite apparent that they had very little control. Almost every serve was a point and two matches were over unbelievably quick. You'd think that if anyone would have a decent grasp on how to use the controller it would be the head guys at Nintendo. While they were playing it it looked like they were feigning excitement while the guy who won the contest to be the first regular joe to play didn't look like he was doing much more than standing there.

The concept of the wiimote sounds neat, but a few other sites have reported varying views on the controller, specifically saying that aiming in Red Steel is quite difficult and Tennis was lacking because the computer controlled the character's movement and the only user interaction was to swing your arm around the right time. It was also said that in the golf game there's no degree by which you can guage how hard or light you're hitting your shots. I've used motion based gamepads in the past (MS Sidewinder Freestyle Pro) particularly in racing games, and I find it very difficult to grasp without force feedback or at least some sort of fixed axis like a steering wheel has. In the end I just turn the sensors off and return to normal gamepad use.

Perhaps they've done such a good job that I'll be convinced, but I think I'll have to play it for myself to decide.

11. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

If Nintendo can keep a $200-250 pricepoint then they will sell like hot cakes! (err.. what?)

Anyways, the console looks like it's gonna be great for gaming. It's not meant for being an end all system. Its not a mini pc cloaked in a gaming shell. It's not a MCPC. It's a pure gaming system with a crappy name.

12. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

this looks sooooooo cool. i hope they rap* sonys a**!!!

13. Stickeh

Stickeh Help me , Help you.

this looks awesome.
    i might just have to get one, everyone seems to be saying good stuff, and everyone seems to come back smiling from playing one. thats the kinda stuff we need.
    looking for some videos on google vids...click me.

14. FIBRE+

FIBRE+ Minimodder

Had a look at a few vids on there last night, the tennis one is cool.

Found a nice long vid on there today, over an hour long :thumb:

link-o-matic

More vids and info here

15. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

this is going to be awsome for parties. Super smash bros is already awsome to play with a big group of people crowded round a GC but this looks like it's going to take it to a whole new level :D

this is the ONLY console thats interesting to me :D

16. Muunsyr

Muunsyr What's a Dremel?

OMG! I want! I want! I want!

Yeah, OK. This looks like it might be the first console I get, ever. PC for the serious stuff, Wii for the friends and family and fun and sillyness.

17. Firehed

Firehed Why not? I own a domain to match.

You know, they might just suck at tennis. Plus they were staring at some little tiny screen in front of them, not the giant projecter they were in front of. You've every right to be skeptical - I am a bit as well, but I think it'll be an enormous success if it works as well as it should.

18. fresnono

fresnono What's a Dremel?

19. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

20. riggs

riggs ^_^

Tags: Add Tags