1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

'Not it!' More schools ban games at recess

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Cthippo, 27 Jun 2006.

1. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

:hehe:

i'll countersue b/c "OMG!!!1! UR GRASS IZ 2 ROUGH!!11! AND NOW I HAVE CHIGGERS!!1! NEIGHBORS LAWN IZ TEH SUXX0R!!1!11oneoneeleven"

2. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

This brings me to a quote:

"There is a tragi flaw in our precious Constitution, and I don't know what can be done to fix it. This is it: Only nut cases want to be president." -Kurt Vonnegut

The land of free and the home of the retards. Amen.

3. Skylined

Skylined Minimodder

Once again... "Only in America".

The land of free and the home of the retards. Amen. :hehe:

4. bender386

bender386 What's a Dremel?

hurting your self was half the fun of primary school.
    like the time my friend broke my finger with a rock (we were playing rock crushers). im not going to sue him or the school. and i lernt not to put my fingers under falling rocks.

we soon wont be able to use computers in schools becuase they will probly "cause" some kid to look up p0rn and get "mentally scared" or some crap like that.

5. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

I agree bender all the running around and playing dumb games (btw how do you play rock crushers..) was i'd say ALL the fun in primary school (they dont call it that here but i know what yah mean) most of the time its barely school you dont do too much learning in there anyways other than learning general reading,basic math. I sure as hell dont want my kid being stuffed into a classroom and having "organized" fun without fresh air I'd like him/her to have as much of it while it lasts for petes sake! (organized fun is than an oxymoron? giant shrimp anyone?) I dont want em all stressed out like me at my age during that time where all he should be thinking about is where or not to have another hotdog and wether or not to share it with his best friend (comparing to me)

I dont know about the pr0n thing cause I havent ever heard of a kid mentally scared or anything from something I know I wasnt the first time I got through the school firewall...(actually...no one was although the teacher could tell what happened because only boys were gawking at the screen/girls were rolling eyes and giggling)

Edit: And they want kids to get excersize done at home when nowone is watching? and possibly get seriously hurt when nowone can help except maybe for a friend who is freaked out of their mind trying to call so and so's mom and try and tell her without getting himself in trouble. That is ridiculous stopping something like tag so children don't get hurt and wonder why they get all fat and soft cause they never grazed their knees.About a month ago I fell off a x-ped {go-ped on steroids} while i was going down a corner after a hill , ended up shaving off ALOT of skin on my left elbow (elbow hasnt healed yet!) and knees, I didnt call for my mom or dad told my friend to go home since he had to go and i dealt with it calmly and cool like and after reading this thread it made me realize how glad i am after grazing my knees and palms on so many sidewalks and roads because if I was one of those fat kids who never tripped after a game of tag or fell of a bike I would have died out there.
    So I guess the point of this ramble is that you really just need that kind of learning experience to get through these things in the first place so you dont become a fat blob of nothing crying for your mama when you scrape your knee and scuff your palm.

God bless the US! Just do it slowly...we might jump and accidently fire some nukes >_>

Last edited: 29 Jun 2006
  6. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Absolutly true story from tonight at work...

Two of my cow-orkers are getting married Next Tuesday (think that through, Americans). She is fairly intelligent and he's, well, not. Appearently the best man cancelled, so the groom to be was wandering around work trying to get anyone who will fit in the already paid-for suit to valunteer to be his best man in their $20,000 wedding :rolleyes:

Some days I think work is for people who aren't smart enough to get on welfare :waah:

Last edited: 29 Jun 2006
  7. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

did you volunteer?

out of curiosity, how many of y'all are parents/plan to be parents? i'm not yet, but we plan on having one after my better half finishes grad-school and we have a house. i'm probably going to use whether or not they have banned games at recess as a criteria when we look for schools.

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

remember.

bad school: In this school you deliver the kid into the school gates, a automaton grabs him and carries him in a chair, he is the deposited the kid into a classroom surounded by fluffy pilows and bubble raper, there is no time between classes and the students dont move and are feed chocolate and other good and sugary stuff, the teachers move between rooms and teach simple stuff so everyone has good grades, when classes are over your kid is then delivered into a confortable room were he will wait until you come get him.

your kid is dumb, scared of everything and obese.

good school: kids run around, kick balls, eat healthy, and have quality teachers and classes, go to school and to home on foot or in a bus.

your kid is healthy, strong, inteligent and not obese.

moral of the story, dont fix what is not broken, dont break what is already broken.

9. Stwongbad

Thats a good idea monkeyboy I think that'd be a good search criteria too , make sure to look for schools that have a *sigh* dress code ,honestly I can imagine making a kid turn his shirt inside out cause theres a bare breasts or something but an entire dress code honestly they did it to my old school and said it was to improve discipline if they wanted to improve discipline they wouldnt need that if they used good discipline themselves and didnt hire every minority (more on this if wanted ; but its not racism so dont delete it moderators!) into the administration they thought was needed we wouldnt have that problem.

Amen Dxr;its not like kids need to go work in a field 6 hours and be homeschooled by their mother before they fall asleep to be smart and strong! All they need is a school with quality faculty and good excersize during breaks.

10. CaseyBlackburn

CaseyBlackburn Network Techie

<offtopic>Why do y'all keep saying excersize etc. The word is exercise. Right?</offtopic>

11. Shannon

Shannon What's a Dremel?

well, if I remember correctly football was only allowed under supervision at my elementary school, not that that ever bothered me, but I seem to remember that in my 4th grade class, one of the treats that the class could earn was an extra recess, and my (male) teacher would supervise the boys playing touch football as an extra treat for them.

But I know we played every variety of tag, hopscotch, jump ropes, etc. And I know that kids played soccer, basketball, dodgeball, etc.

Tag is, like, a natural game. Kids are playing it before they know the rules. I don't have kids yet, but I do lots of childcare at my church and whatnot, I'm the oldest sibling so I grew up babysitting my sisters, and my oldest cousin is ten years younger than me.

I challenge anyone to get 2 or more kids together indoors or out, and get them to NOT run around chasing each other. They don't need a set of rules and a game to do that, they'll do it without them.

I'll bet if you asked about 98% of the parents in that school district directly if they think it's too dangerous for kids to be playing tag at recess they'd say that line of reasoning is crazy. I'm assuming the other 2% are the same type of parents who think that the wolf shouldn't die at the end of Little Red Riding Hood, and the ones who came up with the crazy idea in the first place.

12. Cthippo

I don't fit in the suit.

As for having kids, not only no, but no ****ing way in hell!!! I got mine disconnected last year and I'm SO glad I did. :clap:

13. Shannon

Shannon What's a Dremel?

They're Just typos

14. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

Cthippo, www.vhemt.org WTF? never seen it, and its rather pointless unless you do it in rather large countries like China and India, anywere else that is utter pointless. sorry for the offtopic

15. Stwongbad

sounds like a selfish cult who is looking for an excuse to not have kids for the extra $$$ and not to be frowned upon in society cause they are an "organization"

16. Cthippo

Well, first off, it's not an organization in the typical sense. There is no membership, no directors, no meetings. You belong if you decide to say you belong (though the tattoo is a nice touch).

It's not strictly about not having any (more) kids, though that is certainly a component of it for many people, including myself. The more overriding belief is that the world would be better off without people, or at least without any more people on it. You're right, it probably is rather pointless, but then again, isn't pretty much everything we do in life? I don't think VHEMT is well enough organized to qualify for cult status, though it is kind of a nice thought.

As for being a bunch of selfish people, let me offer this counterarguement...

I see a lot more people having children for selfish reasons that not having children for selfish reasons. At least when you choose to not have children, you're not harming anyone by that decision.

17. Monkeyboy

Monkeyboy Minimodder

i know exactly who cthippos is talking about. chavs for instance. various white trash. you know who i mean: the ones with 5 kids running around the store while they ignore them and push the cart with the baby (who has fudgicle all over his face), and has a bun in the oven. i know b/c i have some as in-laws. my wife hates her step-brothers, who seem to breed with various wives and girlfriends with wild abandon. her dad isn't too happy with them either: "there's another grandkid born into welfare... sigh". tbh, we're considering at most one child, after that she wants her tubes tied, and i'm getting the snip. mind you, there's a chance we can't concieve (some medical problems that'll need seeing to), so we may even adopt (preferably one in their mid-20's, doctor or lawyer (or with a trust fund), who will look atfter us in our middle age :D ).

18. bender386

bender386 What's a Dremel?

is just how it sounds. you get one big rock and drop it on a smaller rock. In this case for some stupid reason the smaller rock was my finger.

there was a reason for this i just cant rember what it was.

19. Al Terego

Al Terego What's a Dremel?

Well, when I was at primary school, they stopped us from playing Star Wars,,because when we used lightsabers..it was dangerous..or somthing :/

20. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

you kind of could chop each other into tiny burning bits :D