1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Wii Specs Leaked

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Da Dego, 1 Aug 2006.

1. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

2. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

I dunno, doesn't seem enough to me to make the Wiimote work properly.

I also think that the Wiimote should have a battery pack which is chargeable, not AAs

3. specofdust

specofdust Banned

I'm dubious about this. Everything about the Wii has been so fantastic up untill now, this I guess is either the catch, or just a funny lie which gets people super happy when it turns out to be twice as good as reported here. It does seem a bit puny. But then, if the wiimote works properly, and the games are fun, who cares?

4. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

5. Satyric_saint

Satyric_saint What's a Dremel?

Even if it is true Nintendo has stated MANY MANY times that they are not concerned about spectacular graphics and want to focus more about Game play especially with the new Wiimote. Regardless I still want one. :rock:

6. olly_lewis

olly_lewis What's a Dremel?

Well the Wii was never going to be a power house of gaming excellence but no HDTV for the Wii then? That is a surprise because it would of looked good and played great on a large HDTV, though it will play, it won't be pretty...

7. kempez

kempez modding again!

I thought it has already been stated that the Wii won't be HD anyway??

whatever the Big N do it'll still be an awesome console imo

8. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

It's not that it'll output in HD, but will be powerful enough to scale effectively. With some AA, please!!

9. [1N0V471V]

[1N0V471V] What's a Dremel?

That's weak.

10. wafflesomd

wafflesomd What's a Dremel?

Eh, I'm surprised something with those specs can pump out the visuals, cuase it does look pretty good.

11. leviathan18

leviathan18 What's a Dremel?

wii want gameplay not graphic for graphics wii have our pc which im going to spent in september 2k upgrading so im looking for a fun console

12. rowin4kicks

rowin4kicks a man walked into a bar ...

i still gonna get one just for the gameplay and a 360 for the graphics

13. DaSuperFly

DaSuperFly What's a Dremel?

Atleast that means i won't be tempted to get HDTV just for the Wii!

14. aggies11

aggies11 What's a Dremel?

Damn, this is a huge dissapointment.

I mean, after I buy a console, the main thing I do, is a sit down and stare at the spec sheets. Megahertz, Megabytes. How many traingles can it process a second? How phat is that cache? The entertainment I get from such things is immeasurable.

Heck, I don't even buy any games. The specs are the only thing I am in it for.

Now what am I supposed to do? Those abstract numbers with very little extrapolation to actual performance/visuals just don't do it for me. 729Mhz? How passe. That spec sheet is just pure BORING. I don't know if I can buy a Wii anymore. I had a PIII 700 back in 1999! This is obviously the same thing, and that stuff is old!

I mean, god, I could spend 90 entire days just contemplating on the Xbox-360 multi-core architecture (1month per core).

Nintendo, your numbers on a sheet of paper, have failed to excite me this time around. So no Wii for me.

Aggies

15. Boon

Boon What's a Dremel?

Lets remember that the PSP has a 333 Mhz processor compared to the DS's meager 67 and I know which one I would prefer. Now colour banding issues when outputting via component has nothing to do with actual raw capability and more with the output chip and display device. It would be nice if Wii scaled to output HD resolutions natively but so long as the 460p output is sound your LCD does the rest.

16. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

Haven't we known this for ages?

If you want eye-candy get a PC or Xbox 360. If you want a different form of entertainment, get a Wii.

I've already got a PC, so I'm definitely going to get a Wii. :)

17. Da Dego

Da Dego Brett Thomas

;) Aggies, I like your style.

18. Reins

Reins What's a Dremel?

I think it is appropriate; Nintendo has always been marketed to a younger audience. They are trying to keep it affordable for a younger audience me thinks. Think about how much a 64 cost when it first came out and now how much an Xbox 360 costs which is the cheapest system on the market. Few kids can afford a 360, but I could afford a 64. When I was younger I never cared about graphics I cared about getting all 120 starts on Mario 64. Plus now Nintendo won’t have to make such a huge return on games like the PS3 does with their outrageous system specs, it makes more sense from a business stand point too.
    Nintendo games have never looked AMAZING, but their game play is what keeps me coming back. I have been turning of the ol 64 these past couple weeks and have been having a great time playing Mario party or Mario tennis with my friends. They are one of the few systems who still knows how to make a fun game and not just a shoot them up.

Sorry this is a little all over the place I just had a lot to say about it. My point is that there is more to games then just looking great and Nintendo has realized it.

Last edited: 1 Aug 2006
  19. devenfore

devenfore LANCandy

I honestly don't care, I am still very excited for my wii. I have a computer for 'serious' gaming, and a gamecube for 'fun' casual gaming. I will be getting a wii for sure. Why would I spend $700 on a PS3 or 360 when I can build a better gaming computer for the same price? I am not saying the 360 or PS3 are bad systems....

But for me... I prefer the Nintendo.

20. Cheap Mod Wannabe

Cheap Mod Wannabe What's a Dremel?

Ha ha ha I was to write something like 'spec's do not matter in such console, blah blah'

But Aggies just said it much better. :D

Tags: Add Tags