1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Modding Case Re-spray and air brushing, how much to pay someone?

Discussion in 'Modding' started by Ste0803, 9 Aug 2006.

1. Ste0803

Ste0803 What's a Dremel?

i want to get my new case sprayed with a gradient and a large graphic to be airbrushed onto the side, how much should this cost?

Thanks for Replies
    Ste0803

2. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

For that sort of work your not getting much change out of £200

3. Ste0803

Ste0803 What's a Dremel?

ive been quoted about twice that from a local guy, he said as it takes about 2 weeks turn over to do, and i want alot of detail with the graphic i chose.

also i want to use candy paints and a full gloss gradient all round.

4. aquatuning

aquatuning What's a Dremel?

£200-£300 is the going rate for that sort of work so its about right

5. hydro_electric_655

hydro_electric_655 Dremelly Dude

More than its worth unless you are insane. Doing it yourself is far more rewarding. Plus you can get primo airbrushes and compressors for that price. plus the paint to learn with.

6. Ste0803

Ste0803 What's a Dremel?

i have NO artistic talent atall. which is why im going to pay a professionsl artist to do it. thanks for replies.

7. scq

scq What's a Dremel?

It's also more satisfying to build your own car, your own house. Design and sew/knit your own clothes, grow your own vegetables, raise your own livestock etc.

8. kei

kei What's a Dremel?

Candy colours will be the most costly part, ive used them for a case ive just done and i almost died when i saw the price of them as i went for HOK paint system, but candy colours are the best way to gradient/fade from a one tone to a multitone design.

9. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

Is there any way you can split the graphics on the airbrushing? To save some cash and get the same general affect you could your graphic into a vinyl although i have no experience with those they look like a good alternative to painting graphics.

10. Ste0803

Ste0803 What's a Dremel?

ive seen some of this guys previous work and its awesom, im not really bothered about paying the £380 for a full exterior gradient with large side panel graphic, as it is worth it, i just wanted to check if the price was correct. i check on another forum and they said the price i have been quoted is very fair and should probably cost more, with the use of candy paint and the airbrushing i want done,

i have chosen this picture as the "graphic" to have on my side panel, and it should cover about 3/4's of it.

http://users.atw.hu/airboy/pic/gallery/biohazard.jpg

did i mention i was getting a server case which is 56cm tall.

11. kei

kei What's a Dremel?

Yep the price is about what i would charge seeing as its a big case and the fact you want candys, if he uses the candys on the graphic which i cant see any other way of making glow like the picture without them, it will make it look just like the picture and give a real good glow when light hits it, the best thing about candy colours is once the clearcoating is done candys give the effect of trapped light eminating from the paintwork.

Post some pics once its done as it should look sexy :D

12. Ste0803

Ste0803 What's a Dremel?

im waiting for my student loans/grants come through to get it done which should be about 2 month. but i will definately post pics, i may ask him if he will do a project log. ive been told this price is very reasonable and could cost more if done by some people.

and the best thing about it is the gut lives local so *no postage* yay!!

13. fev

fev Industry Fallout

student loan expenditure on computer/modding = bad idea

oh boy really bad idea

14. specofdust

specofdust Banned

This man speaks and I think, knows, the truth.

15. fev

fev Industry Fallout

oooh yeh, jesus man don't spend the money you haven't technically got... especially the student loan.. unless you've paid off the accomodation, limit your going out, have 500 quid "spare" for anything that comes up.

I've had to re-budget entirely for September