1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News CS Weapons Market kicks off Wednesday

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 9 Oct 2006.

1. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

but this is CS, in it they only use real guns. and they work in a real way.
    even if i would love to see a rocket launcher in it..... a la DOD.... me wuvs killing snipers with the bazuca :D.

as for

do you know what a dogma is?
    you are dogmatic, change is good, if you dont like change, dont change continue playing good old 1.6 with all of its quirks that make the game so adored and lame.

this change was made thinking of the people that are in the server playing nicely a calm round of non competitive CS:S that is more fun and realistic that 1.6, then a 1337 playa comes into the server, buys a AK47 and deagle and single handed kills everyone in the other team, then on the next round the same player camps somewere with the bomb and a AWP and there he stays for the rest of the game.

welll.... if you dont see the problem then open up your eyes and ears and think a little.

what is better? to have fun killing and dying in original and diferent ways, or camping or owning everyone in the server using the same tactic every game with the same weapons in the same bloody map?

i personaly prefer to buy a shotgun and surprising my enemy everytime i play because they use the same bloody weapons and the same bloody tactics over and over and over again, if you see a match most of the time it will be an exact replay of the previous match, and when a 1337 player dies..... OMG HERE COMES THE PROFANITIES AND 1337 TALK BECAUSE HE IS THE 1337 HAXOR AND NO ONE CAN KILL THE 1337 HAXOR!!!!!!!

because you used a lame strategy to kill the other team that goes everytime to the same corridor trows their grenades and flashbangs and runs with the knife and are utterly predictable, you watch the enemy team movement and then you wipe out the other lame predictable team with the auto shotgun you are kicked or banned because you are cheating bacause you killed the one player, the guy that is running and jumping with the AWP and killing everyone or the guy that incredibly can hit headshots from nowere to anywere with the AK47 whille jumping and dancing everywere.

sorry if this went into a rant. i seriously dont understand the fixation of people for a dogmatic way to play in a game that is not that realistic or fun, games should be fun and evolve and we should evolve with them.

and sorry if i ofended any CS 1.6 player, i ocasionly play 1.6 on lan events, i just dont like playing it online.

UT ROCKS !!!!!!!!!!!!

2. OtakuHawk

OtakuHawk What's a Dremel?

and then further calls of "You're a farking moron", "STFU N00B" and "Look at your radar, you idiot."

In all seriousness, I actually like the new radar, it's actually usefull now that you have an overlay of (Most) maps behind the dots, and thus a point of reference.
    Usefull as hell.

3. sadffffff

sadffffff Minimodder

this is the best idea ive ever heard of. and so was the radar. people play CS like a friggin deathmath. this will help it be more like what its supposed to be.

4. acron^

acron^ ePeen++;

I think it's hilarious when I spank you in the head from a mile away with one shot from my deagle. I couldn't have more fun.

5. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

it goes thru walls, it goes thru crates, it goes thru 1 mile of stuff that would stop a heavy sniper round, headshots me and you dont even see my head. wow that was fun. you must feel the headshot side of the force emanating from my skull in the form of picachu icons flashing green and red.

i personaly prefer to blow my oponent into small peaces of burning meat with my rocket launcher, or when i shread a guy with my flak canon, or when i fill a camping sniper with lead with the minigun. or when i rush their base kill everyone catch the flag and then everyone rushes and kills me, and then i blow them up in a chaotic and fun way.

6. Buzzard Bait

Buzzard Bait What's a Dremel?

Quote: acron
    I think it's hilarious when I spank you in the head from a mile away with one shot from my deagle. I couldn't have more fun.

:hehe: Thanks DXR_13KE and acron!! Reading your posts got me laughing so hard I had tears in my eyes...they were great. :thumb: Not sure how I'm gonna like the new mod. I'll give it a little while, then when I'm running around with nothing but a knife cause thats all I can afford I'll probably start complaining about it...lol. :jawdrop:

7. jakenbake

jakenbake full duplex

i vote infared goggles for 5k - 5.5k and you should be able to use them with your scope.

8. metarinka

metarinka What's a Dremel?

this is interesting, I played tourney level cs (what later became 1.6 although earlier versions were much better) for several years, and at one point was hitting up all the major tournies in canada and usa etc. Before I burned out, I remember how linear the game was, in a tourney match I never bought anything besides a deagle, colt/ak, awp or nades. occasionaly a famas or galil but even that was rare.

for casual gameplay I'm all for this as it puts a little more accounting back into the game and is interesting, I always figured eventually they would adjust the price since the best, and most expensive were very rarely linked, furthermore it would be fun to have an economic incentive to play with the para, or p228 (my favourite guns) rather than get a cheaper better colt etc.

I'm assuming servers can turn this off? and there's alreadya million mods that affect the way you buy or acquire guns, why is this any different?

9. keptin

keptin What's a Dremel?

Lurker for a while....minus well start talking about something I know about.

I personally think this will add a little 'spice' to the game. I was really obsessed with CS:S for a year after it came out....but it all became to repetative....even with a top ranking/kills, etc., getting the same guns over and over--namely the AK and M4a1 (to be able to compete w/ the 'other guy' using a similar setup), it was all just run & gun, then restart. Surfing added a little life to it, just because it was different and high paced.

All in all, I think it will be more good then bad. Looking at the proposed price chart, the only thing I know will frustrate me is not being able to use a deagle on the pistol round because its now near $1k. :rolleyes: The good news is that my fav gun, the MP5, just went down in price....though, only $20 :p

On other note, it seems the same results could be achieved on a single server by just locking the AWP, M4a1, deagle, and AK-47...actually sounds pretty fun.

10. zoot2boot

zoot2boot What's a Dremel?

bad idea. there's a reason no one uses some of the guns... they suck! changing the price isn't going to change the fact that they suck. just going to result in bad players having to use bad weapons more often while everyone else is unaffected. i don't get how this is going to make it fun-er.

i reckon it has more to do with valve learning to impliment multiplayer game economies than improving CSS.

11. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

if they suck why dont they make a game that the weapons that suck are not there? the game would run faster and would be more light...... NOT.... the thing is, some weapons do suck, but weapons like the autoshotgun, and the mp5 rock in certain maps, its a matter of habit, if you are used to the same weapons everytime then you will say the other weapons suck.

nope, bad players that usualy dont buy "good weapons" wont be afected, in fact they will be in advantage, weapons are cheaper.... :D as for 1337 deagle awp m4 AK47 players... well... there will come a time that they will be poor and will only have money to buy a diferent "bad weapon".
    and yes this is funner, it is a chalenge for these 1337 players and for the newbies.

as some people have said, this makes the game less linear, the game works more like DOD in this way, a game that, when i played it, was realy non linear.

12. airchie

airchie What's a Dremel?

You know what would make CSS better?

Stopping cheats.
    I hate not knowing if I was n00b'd by someone who is genuinely good, a lucky shot or some lame cheating f***er!

I don't mind getting beat, but when you're not sure if you were beat by skill, luck or cheats, its annoying. :(

13. zero0ne

zero0ne Minimodder

in case no one read the steam powered forums, it was apparently said that there would be a CVAR to disable this. prolly something like sv_dynamicmoney 1/0

14. Cobalt

Cobalt What's a Dremel?

I'd like a replay feature like in CoD. The you can see how you were killed and if you are unsure then you get confiramtion that it wasn't just somebody using an aimhack etc.

15. phat-ant

phat-ant What's a Dremel?

As I said before if you are actually a good player then you will be able to use all the guns :)
    besides it is alot more fun taking poeple out with the silly guns as it tends to piss them off more ;)
    some of the guns such as the para i would love to see come down in price, it is vastly overpriced for its performance but i guess u cant put a price on such run and gun fun :D

16. Wrigley1

Wrigley1 What's a Dremel?

Free glocks for everyone!

17. Meanmotion

Meanmotion bleh Moderator

haha, yeah. How they gonna work that one?!

18. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

maybe not raise its price since it is not a weapon.......

19. kickarse

kickarse What's a Dremel?

It could be a good and a bad thing. It depends on what mood your in. It's a totally new concept. I give them a hand for being original.

20. ZERO <ibis>

ZERO <ibis> Minimodder

wow i guess i will half to start playing 1.6 again. this is just another method to make cs nub firendly. I think the idea is cool but i think it should be left up to the server admins as to weather or not the feature should be used. Thank god I am not in CAL anymore because i would be really pissed off. I think it is a cool idea but it is going to get really annoying really fast, it is just not something that will be fun to play with ALL THE TIME.

Tags: Add Tags