1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News PS3 to get software update on day one

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 10 Nov 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. mikeuk2004

mikeuk2004 What you Looking at Fool!

Thats good news for me regarding the new firmware for my PSP. I cant wait to see which games will be available for me to download on the PS1 emulator.

so what if the PS3 needs a update in firmware to use the PSN. Hell all my motherboards have needed bios updates from day one of me buying them and my DVD writers ahve needed firmware upgrades as they retailed with older versions.

3. neocleous

neocleous Minimodder

Its no different really from what MS do with dashboard updates for the 360

4. mclean007

mclean007 Officious Bystander

Fixed :D

5. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

My post was deleted? :confused:

6. riggs

riggs ^_^

No doubt it'll be up to v1.3 or so by the time it hits european shores, and v3.? by the time I buy/receive one.

This is further proof that they're really struggling to hit deadlines, and are rushing the consoles release. Similar to FEAR I suppose - that was a very rushed release, with a v1.1 patch available to download on the day of release.

7. Djpuk

Djpuk What's a Dremel?

Should be completely free of bugs then by the time we see them, a slight positive?

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

let it settle down a little before you buy it.... it will be a lot better then.

9. DJMyst

DJMyst yeah baby

Since when have firmware updates been a bad thing??? Wether it was on day 1 or not?? At least issues are being resolved. I swear to god, MS could have released the 360 as a build it yourself kit and you people would worship the ground they walk on. But let Sony have *1* issue, and it's the end of time.

I can't believe this is the same bunch of people that hated MS so bad when they released the original XBox. 'stay out of consoles' 'dont try to turn this into a monopoly to' and blah blah blah. NOW MS is just wonderful and Sony sucks. I'll never get it. But I'll be happy when the PS3 is released, so I don't have to support MS MORE just to play video games on something besides a PC.

10. koola

koola Minimodder

So technically, your buying a product that doesn't do what it claims on the box until you update the firmware - LOL Sony!

11. r4tch3t

r4tch3t hmmmm....

Well since it updates when you connect to the internet, and assuming its very simple, I don't see a problem. Plug PS3 in, connect, popup says you need to do this to get online. Click OK, done. No problem.
    As for release, ummm... nope definitely not, going to wait until I can afford it.

12. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Good to see Sony fixing problems. Updates are actually a good thing, they improve security, performance, of functionality. Now a new update every single day that takes hours to download sure sucks, but I really don't see why this is update is considered news- except for the fact that it gives Sony bashers something more to complain about. :rolleyes:

L J

13. Narvi

Narvi What's a Dremel?

...do they finish coding the update on the release date, or what? Shouldn't this update be able out-of-the-box?

14. Colonel Sanders

Colonel Sanders Minimodder

Narvi- my best guess would be that the update is probably something small and unimportant. I would also assume that the update is aimed mainly at the PS3s already boxed up in a warehouse somewhere- unboxing and updating the firmware on a bunch of PS3s would be pretty difficult if you could simply let the customer fetch the update from the web instead.

L J

Tags: Add Tags