1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News Microsoft honcho says Vista doesn't need anti-virus

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 10 Nov 2006.

1. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Actually it's only Symantec who have been trying to do that, because they clearly don't understand that there's no need to get access to the kernel. With Vista, Microsoft have made the effort to remove everything (software and drivers) out of the kernel layer, effectively making the OS a whole lot more secure, stable, and on top of that, meaning no more reboots after software and drivers updates. :clap:

Last edited: 10 Nov 2006
  2. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

Yep, it was in a conference conducted by Microsoft, called Blackhat,which was done on numerous occasions during the development of Vista, where Microsoft set the challenge to a bunch of hackers to find a hole. And once they eventually do, they get working on the hole and how they could resolve the problem.

3. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

You clearly have something against Microsoft, don't you? In every news article relating to Microsoft, I haven't read any positive remarks of the company in any of your posts. I mean, just look at your sig.

Last edited: 10 Nov 2006
  4. Renoir

Renoir What's a Dremel?

I used to get the odd virus when using ie6 on a pc connected straight to an adsl modem but since I started using a laptop behind a nat router and firefox I haven't had any malware that I know of and it's been at least six months. I agree with the sentiment that if you're just sensible when surfing the web you're 90% there. Plus you have the added bonus of more system resources for your other apps.

5. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

And you're clearly a fanboi, it all balanmces out in the end. :rolleyes:

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA sorry... let me respond to that by splinting it up:

"You clearly have something against Microsoft, don't you?"
    YES they are a monopoly and they said this about XP and NO they are the ones that made computers what they are now.

"In every news article relating to Microsoft, I haven't read any positive remarks of the company in any of your posts."

really? are you sure? i think i posted something nice about the 360 some days ago...... and about they locking the kernel..... and i did not like it when symantec went after them about this...... i clapped my hands when they told they wont limit the number of installations you can do.

"I mean, just look at your sig."

my sig is a quote from the sig from a friend, he hates windows, i looked at it and laughed, so i posted it here so some people would laugh.

Microsoft is.... just another company, 98% of the guys around here either don't care or don't like them the other 2% are like you....... i am the part that does not care that much, if they want to screw them selfs in the ass, let them, i don't really care, i just want to buy Vista as soon as i have cash, it is cheaper and i have a machine that runs it, but i will get an AV software anyway because i simply don't trust ANY company with my sensible data.

as for you dude...... please calm down a little, everyone has a right to express what they think and feel, people hate pork, people hate corn, people hate rice, people hate sony, thats the way it is.
    I thank MS for the way my computer works, it is really user friendly.

i just hate to smell BS in the morning.

7. quack

quack Minimodder

8. B3CK

B3CK Minimodder

Prop'A'ganda "."

9. EK-MDi

EK-MDi What's a Dremel?

I just found out that this piece of news isn't even true, LOL.
    Just read this and see how.

10. plagio

plagio What's a Dremel?

Why having an internet connection than ?

11. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

:eeek: Does it also mean that errors are going to be a (bigger) *!%# to find & fix? And what about customizations?

Have any of you played with this in the betas / RCs?

To read Bit-Tech of course :D

12. quack

quack Minimodder

Thanks for reading my post. :D

13. cebla

cebla What's a Dremel?

I don't use Anti-Virus on Windows XP so no I won't be using AV on Windows Vista.

I use a hardware firewall and I have never had a problem as long as I am behind that. The only virus I ever got was at a friends place when I had no firewall.

Tags: Add Tags