1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows BF2 question about parachutes

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by sgtjudo, 14 Nov 2006.

1. sgtjudo

sgtjudo What's a Dremel?

Is it possible to control where you land? I jump out and have seen guys glide back to land I always end up in the middle of the ocean and have to try to swim 5 miles to shore. UGH. :wallbash:

Hope someone can tell me what im doing wrong. :naughty:

2. Rav

Rav What's a Dremel?

Pretty certain wasd and mouse will control things ... iirc w will make you glide in a shallower angle, so you can go farther.

3. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

Just open the chute at the last minute.

4. sgtjudo

sgtjudo What's a Dremel?

and what good will that do?

if i open my chute at the LAST MIN and i am a mile from land meaning i am out in the water. i will stand land in the water. Ugh guys if your gonna answer atelast read my question.

thanks for trying atleast. :idea:

5. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

use normal movement keys when the parachute is open and you will controll where you go

6. JesterQ

JesterQ What's a Dremel?

:thumb: agree ...

another way to get a good feeling for this would be to get up really high, about 250/300 feet or until you just loose site of the ground. don't go much higher as the game throws an eppy and you end up getting pushed out of the gaming area and die.

Bail out and hit the chute. Then play with the movement keys until to get a good feel for how they control your decent. not sure whether you can on a chute but the alternative camera angles might work which will help you even more.

:hip:

7. Guest-18698

Guest-18698 Guest

yep just use the normal movement keys, try and glide nice and early to get to a certain pos

8. Hack'n'Slash

Hack'n'Slash Minimodder

I miss the HALO jumps on '42 & especially DC, the farting while free-falling all the way down still makes me giggle when I think about it. :D

But yeah, in 42/DC, the 'chute was controlled by the mouse, in BF2 it's the direction keys which govern your descent.

9. SeBbY_007

SeBbY_007 What's a Dremel?

Jump out of the helicopter (assuming you aren't going to irritate your team by using a jet for this) over place you want to land, then use your chute as you are about to hit the ground. Opening too early leaves you battling with the unresponsive movement you are limited to when gliding down, it also means you are highly visible and an easy target.

Practice makes perfect.

:thumb:

Tags: