1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Gaming mouse group test

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by WilHarris, 7 Dec 2006.

1. WilHarris

WilHarris Just another nobody Moderator

2. topher

topher SHam!

Habu

What about the Microsoft Habu mouse is it any good? Has anyone got one yet i was thinking of ordering one.

Last edited: 7 Dec 2006
  3. Piddu

Piddu What's a Dremel?

yeah habu is missing and also the i.e. 3.0 wich is still one of the most used mouse and there is a new version too...

4. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

We are planning to do a Microsoft Habu versus Logitech Revolution as a separate article in the near future!

5. zr_ox

zr_ox Whooolapoook

Why no G7, arguably the best mouse out there.

6. Reason.Renegade

Reason.Renegade What's a Dremel?

No the habu is a poor mouse, skips at high dpi and doesnt perform very well, looks good though and feels ok, personally its either a Logitech G5, G3 or a MS3.0 (just been re released).

Regarding the test im surprised that it was a bit of a mis match as some of those mice have been on the market a long time plus there was no consistancy in the review, for example you had a cordless mouse in with wired mice, you had mice that had weights and some that didnt have that feature and then there were loads of mice missing from the review. I test gaming surfaces on a daily basis and i have pretty much most mice on the market (and some not) im just surprised there was no depth to this review as it could have been so much better.

One other thing that i was shocked about in this review was the pictures, not the quality but the hand in the picture for me personally seeing someones chewed nails and split skin (on the thumb) showed no professionalism and that the article was rushed.

This is not an attack on bit-tech but its not what i expect from you guys as your standards are always so high.

7. Omnituens

Omnituens What's a Dremel?

I prefer my Razer Diamondback over the G3.

8. DougEdey

DougEdey I pwn all your storage

Whats Lambdatek like in terms of shipping/Customer service

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

Have to complain about the lack of MX518 when there's an MX1000 in there, sorry :D

10. knyghtryda

knyghtryda What's a Dremel?

I'm using a mx1000 right now, but my choice for one of the best gaming and all around mice would have to be the mx300 or mx310. For twitchy games this mouse was king. It just kinda hurt the fingers if you played for an extended period though...

11. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

i love my mx1000 very heavy for a mouse but it means it doesnt skip about when doing fine lines on photoshop

12. Almightyrastus

Almightyrastus On the jazz.

In terms of gaming i am mostly into RTS and RPGs such as oblivion, I use the MX1000 and have done since its release. The only problems i have are the battery running out but then again that is more my fault for not watching the very clear display on the side and the fact that the feet are not great in that the level of friction is quite high. I think some teflon tape and a decent mouse mat might be in order.

Other than those two things I cannot fault the mouse at all, great sensitivity, easy customisation through software and very very comfy to use plus no cable to snag and drag on the desk, something i find very noticeable if using a conventional wired one at any time.

13. Fr4nk

Fr4nk Tyrannosaurus Alan !

My mates uncle has the G7 he hates it its too flat tbh, I use the MX1000 which has served me very well but I'll probably get a revolution.

14. kenco_uk

kenco_uk I unsuccessfully then tried again

G7 for me. Btw Ryan, the link to LambdaTek on the G3 page is spelt incorrectly :)

15. Tulatin

Tulatin The Froggy Poster

To each their own in the world of mice. Personally, I'd go nuts trying to use the Fata1ity mouse; too small! For me, the Razers are a perfect fit, just sit your hand back a little so that your fingers lay flat on the buttons!

16. Garside

Garside What's a Dremel?

Thanks Kenco!

17. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Great, those were the two mice I was missing in the test :thumb:

18. LoveJoy

LoveJoy What's a Dremel?

As I suspected logitch rules in mice market

19. Veer

Veer What's a Dremel?

G5, mx510, razorback are missing. 1000 is old now, looking at the dpi i don't think it's half as good as the new logitech gaming mice that are out.

20. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

I have several trackballs, mice, and a couple of touchpads - I always enjoy reviews of pointing devices (sort of an addiction of mine). What criteria did you use when selecting mice to review?

Your biggest beefs with the Krait could be fixed by going to a Diamondback or Copperhead. I love my Copperhead but wouldn't buy a Krait for gaming.

The Fatal1ty mouse looked interesting to me (I've tried one and think I'd like it - if they made a lefty version) but how can you hold it like that? I have at least average size hands and even on an average MS mouse my palm doesn't come that close to the mouse - uncurl / straiten your fingers some.

Edit: see post #28

Last edited: 7 Dec 2006
Tags: Add Tags