1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Abit Fatal1ty AN9 32X

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 8 Dec 2006.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

Exelent review as always, exept the expansion slot stuff this board might be
    worthe a look.

3. naokaji

naokaji whatever

nice review and the board look's good (not only visually), but, only one pci slot....

srry... but i have a soundcard and a tv card.....
    creative should really hurry up with a pci express based soundcard....

Last edited: 8 Dec 2006
  4. pjotero

pjotero belgian

great review , but are the ads on th right top staying (its anoying)

5. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

Nice review as usual.
    btw you can control the OTES fans using FanEQ if you find them too noisy flat out.

is bit-tech going to test the nF-M2 nView?

On another note there seems to be something going on with Fatal1ty endorsed products.
    abit appear to have cancelled the Fatal1ty version of the AW9D, afaik XFX have yet to produce a Fatal1ty branded card despites signing him up when abit pulled out of gfx cards some time ago & a 3rd licenced mfr (can't remember who) has also cancelled something recently that was meant to be Fatal1ty branded ...

6. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

Hadnt thought of the FanEQ tbh :duh: :) But the thing is, if they aren't on full speed they shift no air so might as well be unplugged anyway.

Dunno about the Fatal1ty branding: the last gfx Abit did was an X700 XT and nothing since?! I think the problem is, signing him up adds cost to a product, yet, the market is so cut-throat people go for price over sub-branding. As long as it's "Abit" "Asus" "MSI" etcetc people will buy that.

nF-M2? Got a link?

7. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

yeah it's a great board........ If there's no other AM2-mobos in the store and you're willing to pay some extra pounds for the name! Viva la M2N32 ;)

8. 13000

13000 Banned

One to avoid imo.

9. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and no C2D board....... and for god sake i hope companies start making PCI express expansion cards!!!!!!

10. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

afaik the last abit gfx card was an X800 but I'm probably wrong.
    abit pulled out of gfx cards a while ago at which point XFX announced that they had signed Fatal1ty up for gfx cards but I've yet to see 1 ...

http://www.abit-usa.com/products/mb/products.php?categories=1&model=327 (Taiwan server v. slow tonight)

The nView version has been reported hitting external clocks of 350-380 & it allowsw 2.5Vdimm which isn't too bad for an mATX ...

The -M2P & M2S are lesser boards & may in fact be built by ECS under contract as they have a remarkably similarly laid out board the GeForce6100SM-M.

11. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The IN9 MAX fills that gap.

13000: why?? It's a good board if you're a gamer and LAN attender. It's a great board if you have a red themed case and don't use a dual slot cooler in the bottom PCIe x16 slot. It does what it does, well. Can't argue with that.

Buff: I meant the last Fatal1ty branded Abit gfx card. ;) It's a shame since Abit invented the OTES system that all graphics cards now use, back in the Ti4200 days.

12. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

13. speedfreek

speedfreek What's a Dremel?

I donty like the thought of only having 2 pci slots on the board, but this has only one. You can put in a soundcard and thats about it. Its not like theres pcie soundcards or whatever else, and after the push to switch to pcie video cards are the only things it realy supports.

14. BUFF

BUFF What's a Dremel?

about the only things that aren't available in PCI-E format are soundcards - RAID cards, TV cards etc. are all available in PCI-E.
    With so much intergrated on a mobo the need for more PCI slots imo really isn't there but better positioning of the 1 that is there is definitely an issue if running SLI with dual slot cards.

15. M4RTIN

M4RTIN What's a Dremel?

while its all very wel that almost everything is available on pci-e why should you have to rebuy all your add in cards again. especially if they were expensive in the first place.

16. Guest-16

Guest-16 Guest

The US site is different from the Taiwanese site it seems :D

Martin: we were having the same argument in the office the other day with some of us saying that you buy a new mobo/cpu/memory, why should perhiperal cards be any different but the other argument is that the perhiperal cards are just usually a change in interface and dont provide any extra: like TV cards or Wifi cards (USB versions versus PCI).

17. Gunsmith

Gunsmith Maximum Win

the only good thing to come from the fatal1ty branding is it makes me look for better products, I willingly spent the extra 70 quid to get the X-Fi elite pro to avoid the gay red F glowing inside my machine.

go home mr wendel, you're village is missing their idiot.

18. JeffDM

JeffDM What's a Dremel?

I'm with M4RTIN, if I already have a good stack of PCI cards, I don't want to have to replace them with PCIe cards to do the same. There's a much more restricted variety of PCIe boards too.

19. K1lljoy

K1lljoy What's a Dremel?

I just got the Fatal1ty board along with the AMD 5000+ Ive had it for about three days and the preformance is great. The review helped out alot when it came down the purchasing the board. Thanx Guys

Tags: Add Tags