1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Graphics Should I get a 8800gts

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by badermans, 25 Dec 2006.

1. badermans

badermans What's a Dremel?

Got some money for xmas. So im wondering if its worth me upgrading from a x1900xt to the 8800gts? At the moment i have a 19 inc tft whaich i do plan to upgrade and im gonna go the vista way as well.

Or alternatively i could go for a platform change and go for a c2g set up. But this will mean alot more money and i'll have to wait longer to get a larger screen.

Need advice asap as im gonna spend my xmas money on something stupid if its left in my hands for to long.

2. kingdavies

kingdavies Minimodder

I would say you would only notice a difference betweeen the 2 gfx cards at a higher resolution which you won't get on a 19" screen. So on the current screen no its not worth upgrading.

3. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

No. Save your money for a complete overhaul in 6 months time. Your X1900XT is still very fast. :)

4. Mighty Yoshimi

Mighty Yoshimi Motormouth

Only advantage just now, is that the 8800gts will (probably) assuming Dx10 is a success give you better visuals, in most or all games.

Stay with the X1900 Wait to see how the graphics compare between DX9 and DX10 and make a decision then, and by that time the card might be retailing for 50% less.

5. badermans

badermans What's a Dremel?

The only reason i wanna get one is i can pick one up for a good price. But if i wait too long i wont be able to get it at that price.

6. oasked

oasked Stuck in (better) mud

However good the price is now, it'll still be cheaper when you get round to buying it later. :)

7. BFGunrunner

BFGunrunner What's a Dremel?

Yeah don't bother getting it now. You might not even see a big diffrance... You should wait till the 8900's come out and you'll be happier that you waited a bit. :)

8. dbarber20

dbarber20 What's a Dremel?

I was thinking of getting a geforce 8800GTS and was wondering if a pentium 4 670 3.8 ghz would run well.

Tags: