1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Take that Dell...

Discussion in 'General' started by Guest-23315, 27 Jan 2007.

1. M_D_K

M_D_K Modder

To be honest if I was living in a cardboard box I wouldn't say no to a caravan, hell I would practily bite the guy/girls hand off to get in that warm cardboard caravan. *Never look a gift horse in the mouth*

2. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

cant anyone on thebit take a joke? a sufficient "lol" would do.

I thought it was funny.
    So, if you're getting into overclocking and want to know where to start, let me show you the very first step.

Smash your Dell. <-- awesome

3. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Funny stuff, but that model of Dell is given a 2.4GHz Celeron, not just 2... unless it's really old from like 2 or more years ago

4. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

If you look its a S478 Celeron. That'll still run Windows XP, iTunes, Play movies, surf the web ect.

compaired so some of the PC's they sell down the road at my local refurb. shop, that would go for like £300...

5. Ramble

Ramble Ginger Nut

I would've taken it...

6. PA!N

PA!N What's a Dremel?

LMAO while reading the instructions...
    :hehe:

(and everybody else here chill...its just a DELL getting wrecked!)

7. M3G4

M3G4 talkie walkie

I hate the wasteful attitude people have toward things like this, and I pity people that have to smash things up to have fun.

And I also don't get the beef with Dell! I have the dell machine in my sig - it's my main workhorse, and a very fine one it is too. It looks good, works properly, is quiet and hasn't had any hardware issues. I love it. Every Dell I have used has been brilliant, they do what they're meant to do well. The standard ones were never built to be gaming machines, especially the one pictured. Hardware issues? Dells come with a warranty for a reason.

8. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I use a Dell as my Laptop, never had a problem, and cost £800, compared with £1,300 for a comparable Sony one.

I think one reason we have a 'beef' with Dell, is because we are all acting as Sheep (me included)

P.S. Also, if were gonna have this 'waste-ful' banter, then please don't bother, no-one here re-cycles everything they use, lives in a Bio-Digreadable House and what-not...

9. woof82

woof82 What's a Dremel?

I don't have a problem with dell. My problem is when they sell "omg uber leet computor 2.5ghz <insert long words to impress stupid customers> wow! only £799" And you know what... EVERY SINGLE TIME the reason those things are so cheap is because they don't have a graphics card. And no - an ATI Radeon VE doesn't count. So some poor ******* shells out however many hundred quid for his new system with the most powerful processor and fastest ram then wonders why it can't play any games. My GFX doubled the price of my computer.

Nuts, it's almost 3pm and I havn't done any work yet.

10. ikra

ikra What's a Dremel?

The only problem I think with dell is overpriced systems. My brother has got a dell and it is already 4 years old now and it never broke down at all... only had to change one of the fans because it became ever so noisy. Heck my custom made PC has broken down twice already in three years.. graphics card died... mobo died... =/ but I think I'll still stick with a self built PC because its such a joy to build and watch

11. samkiller42

samkiller42 For i AM Cheesecake!!

I get fed up with companies like Dell, promoting there systems, and half of the population of this country (UK) dont understand half of it, so its seems pointless saying what it is, they might as well state that its poor and slow, or fair and quick...ish.

Sam

12. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

I do have to say for all their faults, they did give me a very good deal on my Laptop. However, i managed to convince my mum to let me build her a Desktop, rather than getting Dell!

Lappy :: T5600 (C2D), 2Gb DDR2, X1400 256Mb, 100Gb HDD, Wireless, 15.4 with funny covering stuff that makes it all look nice and Norton Anti-V / Go-back all for the pricely sum of £799.99 delivered. Thanks Dell, but i won't be buying anything else from you for a while.

13. Glider

Glider /dev/null

If you are a person who knows nothing about PC's, things like a C2D, 8800 GTX,... won't ring a bell. You'll believe what manufacturers promote about there systems. And you can't blame them for promoting their systems...

You rather have a company say: "Hey, look here, a useless piece of junk, only 500€!"? And in the case of Dell they would be lying... Dell is a company that mostly offers desktop pc's, not gaming pc's... And tbh, a desktop pc doesn't need uber graphic cards... Any old PCI graphic card can handle a windows desktop @ 1024*768 60Hz...

14. randosome

randosome Banned

so you buy a dell, then you smash it

And dell is losing out on this deal how ?

15. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

Ok, Look. This was supposed to be some harmless fun, but has been blow-up.

16. Sloth

Sloth #yolo #swag

Yeah, stop freaking out people, it's hilarious stuff...

Makes me want to smash my own old Dell :hehe:

17. Gravemind123

Gravemind123 avatar not found

The only problem I had with Dell is that the people I know that have them have had to send them in for repairs multiple times in a warranty period. Just makes me wonder about their quality. I already broke my old dell(P3 500mhz) when it stopped posting, but not as good as they did.

18. Stwongbad

Stwongbad What's a Dremel?

I think they should have used explosives.

19. 731|\|37

731|\|37 ESD Engineer in Training

Like me :worried:

20. KMS-oul

KMS-oul You think you know me.

Not funny imo. Even when you put the wastage arguement aside it still isnt funny. Smashed xbox 360s, wiis, PS3s etc the joke of smashing electronic consumer goods is really old and sour.

I have 2ghtz cely that acts as a pretty decent htpc and prob last me for a couple more years. Shame they couldn't of given it to someone instead of making the odd 1 or 2 geeks laugh.