1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Project: Homebrew CNC Machine

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by JavaDog, 8 Apr 2005.

1. jakeiswicked

jakeiswicked What's a Dremel?

The same as many ive just read through this log, and although it is too advanced for me, i love it. Amazing quality throughout and i hopoe it turns out as well as it seems to be going. Very original and very well done

2. GT40_GearHead

GT40_GearHead What's a Dremel?

so, any progres !!!
    .........?!

3. Yumadil

Yumadil What's a Dremel?

java where did you go? we are all dying for an update on one of the the greatest project threads! looks great!

4. Mule

Mule What's a Dremel?

I think Java got hit by a coffee truck :) NOOOOOO..... :wallbash: :wallbash: :waah: :waah:

5. tkdwarrior

tkdwarrior What's a Dremel?

C'mon java. there's 120k views on this thing.. surely you can finish it off? surely you'd want the business that could be generated by saying you're now taking orders for parts?

6. FPV_GTp

FPV_GTp What's a Dremel?

nice work JavaDog

cheers

7. Guest-23315

Guest-23315 Guest

well, his last activity was the 27-09-06....

8. Darkened

Darkened Minimodder

Great project and I think that Javadog just wanted to be that 666 guy :hehe:

Hopefully he'll make a comeback some of these days and gives us the grande finale of this thing.

Janne

9. Constructacon

Constructacon Constructing since 1978

It seems to be the way of Homebrew CNC project logs here. They get to a workable stage and then the builder forgets to update the log because they're too busy using it or they move onto greener pastures (CNC forums). I can remember at least one other worklog petering out the same way.

10. waleednazar

waleednazar What's a Dremel?

good project

11. waleednazar

waleednazar What's a Dremel?

where r u jave ?
    any progres

12. BobbyMParr

BobbyMParr GameDemon

Java when u get it a chance pm me i need some stuff machined :-D

13. exo²

exo² What's a Dremel?

nice nice
    i love poeple who make thinks on there one
    and it a great project
    good luk

14. ArcAngeL

ArcAngeL What's a Dremel?

lol when i read the subject title, i was hopeing for some sort of, beer homebrew case mod... non the less this sounds like a very cool project and it appears you have the smarts to pull it off, i hope it goes flawlessly for you.

15. Mule

Mule What's a Dremel?

We have a pool going at work :)

So Java... we have a pool going at work about what happened to you and this project... I say you got your head stuck in the bread mixer of the new bakery you were going in on.. and my buddy "knarls" thinks you milled off your fingers and can't type anymore....

You inspired us all to collectively try and build a prototyping CNC for delrin and stuff like that... we'll see how it goes but we all really want to see the finished product.

Cheers,

Mule

16. crazydeep74

crazydeep74 What's a Dremel?

I say someone track him down, and tell him whats what.

17. JazX101

JazX101 What's a Dremel?

Lo!
    Me thinks there will be a linch mob formed in the near future that will only be pacified by some serious CNC modding based video's. Not good!
    I want too see the end of this too, it is amazing so far!
    Jaz_knos

18. itsjustacompaq

itsjustacompaq Minimodder

why would he need that when it is is going to be automated and enclosed. it may be a good backup, but it is not nessicary.

19. DETN8R

DETN8R What's a Dremel?

Me and a guy from work have plans to build a 1w laser cutter/engraver and mount it on a custom cnc machine like this one.

20. dacust

dacust What's a Dremel?

Yes, all open machines I have ever worked on at any company that took safety seriously, had foot switches. Well, most anyway. I'd say all machines that were open and had only one operator and required that operator to be present while in operation. Some, like paper cutters, actually have a foot switch AND another button, so the operator is required to have BOTH hands out of the way.

But no closed-system CNC I have ever seen has a foot-switch. You can walk away while it runs. However, they do have an interlock switch on the cover to keep you from opening it while it's running.

The pieces will not be moving any faster than a normal router would be moving them, so if there is a concern that the cover is not strong enough, then simply wearing safety glasses while in operation, combined with an interlock switch should be plenty.

So you are right, safety is always a concern, it's just not always a foot-switch.