1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Hardware Antec P182 Performance One

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 26 Apr 2007.

1. Bluephoenix

Bluephoenix Spoon? What spoon?

changing the last number in the alphanumeric naming scheme has long been used to differentiate case revisions (used in thermaltake armor/kandalf, Coolermaster 83x series)

different model numbers entirely point to different overall designs.

2. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

wrong again! the p180b is just the black version of the silver p180, which is actually the p180s when listed in product inventories.

3. tm36usa

tm36usa What's a Dremel?

I lucked out when i bought my P182B on newegg last month. I purchased what newegg said was the P180B with a $50 rebate which made the case $79.99. The sweet thing is, newegg shipped me P182B for that price! Well Worth every penny, i love this case more than my lain li pc60b. Buy one!

4. crazy55

crazy55 What's a Dremel?

just got this one a few days ago, ill try post pics when i get the system all together (not anytime soon though :sigh: )

5. [USRF]Obiwan

[USRF]Obiwan What's a Dremel?

We dont need doors. Doors are useless. Doors get in the way of cd burning. Doors get in the way of dvd burning. Doors limits airflow. Doors break at knee level.

nuff said...

6. Jipa

Jipa Avoiding the "I guess.." since 2004

What was wrong in my quote? The P180B (black) has been out roughly a year now? But I think everyone's now happy and have filed the comma just about enough :)

7. The_Beast

The_Beast I like wood ಠ_ಠ

wow antec has reinvented the perfect case again :rock:

I love that case, I'm getting the Antec P182B Black or a Gigabyte Aurora 570 3D

8. 1e8o

1e8o What's a Dremel?

I'm going to buy one :) awesome case, just simple and quiet

9. CollinstheClown

CollinstheClown Hi

I've owned the P180, and it was awesome! One thing I had a problem with was fitting in the PC Power & Cooling 1KW PSU, the support for the fan in the lower chamber had to be removed for it to fit.

Good review as always! :)

-CollinstheClown

10. rupbert

rupbert What's a Dremel?

I wish they would make a standard atx layout version, I hate the psu on the bottom...

11. Marvin

Marvin What's a Dremel?

The main idea behind this case is compartment of heat sources. Also most of the people seem to forget, or are no aware of the history behind this case.

I think the main goal in this case was to make it quiet and easy to cool with minimum noise because of any moving parts.

There's lots of good reading in there, and they have really extensive review on that case, with as much of objective dissection as possible.

Links to those articles:

Antec P180: A Visual Tour
    Antec P180 Review, Part 1: A Silent System
    Antec P180 Review, Part 2: The Whole Nine Yards

And I for one would prefer this kind of muted case over a heap of bling bling any day.

BTW, excellent article :rock:

12. Fod

Fod what is the cheesecake?

it's just a great case. as other people pointed out about the stacker 830, cases like that just don't look right sitting in a normally decorated home unless they are on their own in a stark white room. the restrained design might make it look like a fridge, but at least people don't walk into your room and go "oh hey so i was walking into town the other day and i- WHAT THE ****ING HELL IS THAT?!!"

besides, the silver p180 is the best looking one :p

form follows function. live by it.

oh, and jipa, sorry, i misunderstood, i thought you were implying that the p180b was a revision (the p180s and b were released very shortly after each other; the b version was an exclusive to silentpcreview for a short while. the only differences were the colour)

13. kempez

kempez modding again!

Can't tell if ur joking or not but no: quite obviously not ;)

14. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

Dear god what the hell is that? :confused:

15. dgb

dgb What's a Dremel?

Approximately ten years ago I wrote Thermaltake off as being cheap, flashy and overall extremely tacky.

It looks like nothing has changed...

16. xmats

xmats What's a Dremel?

Actually, the VGA-duct is not present on the later P180's either.

I just wish I'd waited a month and gotten the P182 instead of the P180s. Running the 12v power to the top of the P5B required a lot of creativity to both have it reach and not block all the PCI-slots. (I tucked it just behind the actual-slot and it works if the cards dont come down too close to the MB.)

17. Dreaming

Dreaming What's a Dremel?

Ok, I just want to say something.

I bought a P180 in silver from eBuyer last september. I believe it was the rev.2 variant (basically, same changes as were in the P180B, just in silver - so not original) and it had a lot of the features you praise the P182 for.

In fact, the only thing mine doesn't have is double hinges (it does have a magnet at the top of the door though), but I did have those cable tidy bits. Not that it helped loads - having 4 hard drives in the bottom bay is impossibly cluttery, but maybe my cable management skills aren't up to scratch. I found cables pulled the cable tidies off the walls.

But it's a bit peculiar, maybe I've got a one off version where they were throwing random ideas together. But definately says P180 on the box.

Last edited: 30 Apr 2007
  18. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Thanks for the good review I just bought this case for my new computer. The tidbit about the 8800 GTX fitting in it was just what I needed.

19. Pygo

Pygo Rick Relixed

I've just gotten me a P182B case, and love it :)
    It's quite a bit quieter than the old case I had (some generic cheaper loaded with fans.)
    I'm thinking of grabbing a VGA cooler, as mine just screams.

20. seanap

seanap What's a Dremel?

I'm building a computer either today / tomorrow for a client with this case. I'll be sure to take some pics and leave my thoughts on it once I get a hands on with it :D

It's quite a sexy case... looks "professional" in a sense.

Great review as always, keep up the stellar work

Tags: Add Tags