What do you want to see the BiT Team mod next?

Discussion in 'Feedback & Suggestions' started by Koolvin, 1 Sep 2001.

1. ZeffriN

ZeffriN What's a Dremel?

I want someone to get a mirror ball (small one), and then put a small electric motor into the top of their monitor... put the ball on the stick connected to the motor... then put one of those 3 color leds at the base of it, connect up a 555 timer to (4057?)... kind of like the LED chaser made by that finnish guy we all see recently...

Then you would have a spinning mirror ball with disco lights.. WOOO

All the rave at lans
    =)

2. vivid

vivid down in fraggle rock

how about a speaker mod? like a window with a lcd thing that that reacts to the sound comin out of the speaker like one of those hospital machines do, that would be kool :D

3. Fish

Fish Resident Nob 'ed

Why not window mod a boomslang :D 'tis big enough!

has anyone tried changing the LEDs in a TV? most Tvs have a green LED to show its on and a Red LED to show its in standby.

BLUE LED MOD A TV!!!

:p

4. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Yeh, MOD all the electronic thangs in your house with blue leds, like a toaster (mine has orange ones)
    Also just thought of a good mod: Mod the light inside a fridge with a cathode instead or the normal one.

5. PbKev

PbKev What's a Dremel?

Cathode

I would like to see a cathode that is like a strobe light and moves to the music like a VU is it possible if anyone knows how please let me know Pbkev@yahoo.com thanks.

6. RTT

RTT #parp

pbkev i just edited your post so that the mailto works :)

its [ email=xxx@xxx.com ] xxxx [/email ]

:)

welcome to the forums, too :)!

7. SmokeShank

SmokeShank What's a Dremel?

I dont suggest you mod your TV LEDs. I just opened the case/backing to my tv, and found many parts. I thought that there are too many things i could break dropping a screwdriver, or a tool down there. My TV has 3-5 LEDS. Toshiba 36" Flat-Tube HDTV.

Although a window might be cool...

8. mrplow

mrplow obey the fist!!

a cat

9. tigermain

tigermain What's a Dremel?

10. Noosphere

Noosphere What's a Dremel?

I would like to see you modd a vapochill into a lian li pc 70 case like they did on that german site but more detailed :)

11. :: kna ::

:: kna :: POCOYO! Moderator

Hmm.. that sounds familiar :D Got a link?

12. Alaric

Alaric code assassin

coolermaster ATC-110 :D

..and then send it to me.... please :D

13. Noosphere

Noosphere What's a Dremel?

14. LaNciD pAce

LaNciD pAce What's a Dremel?

For the car computer thing check out http://www.mp3car.com , also check out their fourms for info on how to make your own.

15. MrBadidea

MrBadidea What's a Dremel?

How about building a CBox from the Cad files that they have on the site - hell, if you don't want to do it, I'll get my dad to make it :D

Link is here

Last edited: 11 Nov 2001
  16. Joe Devo

Joe Devo What's a Dremel?

How about installation of a refrigeration plate system?

Installation of a refrigeration plate system?

Or maybe the fun fun fun of modding the backlight for the common cellphone? Mines blue yay!

Ooh or what about installing a CD-ROM and Floppy set into a desk or table so its coming out of the table itself, thats always fun to look at and its always a bit tricky concealing stuff like that in wood, I'm currently helping a friend with such a project.

Ooh what about using thermal sensors to set so it turns blue while it gets cooler, and red as it gets hotter and make it all nifty when it gets hot or cold!

ooh or install a fake-top on the top of the case with grates and then install the water-mister super-sonic frequency thingies you get out of those rock-water-tranquility sets that make the water mist up a little bit, then you can have a slight mist come out of the grates on the top of the computer and show it off as super-cooling.

ooh, you can Install the on/off button for your computer on the monitor itself by running a cable down to the box itself.

Or you can set up a cathode to turn on and off as the harddrive clicks! Or set up a panel of plexiglass indented slightly for a bunch of squares, then set LEDs behind each of them and install a circuitboard that randomly turns them on and off in diffrent looks as the hard drive clicks along so it looks like those hollywood supercomputer light-panels on the side of the computer!

Ooh you could install a cup-holder on a lan box!! ooh or scrap an APC battery box setup and install the battery inside the case so its uber heavy but its all condensed!

Well I'm out of nifty mod ideas you folks should do for the page and share your wealth of knowledge you gather from doing such ventures. BACK TO WORKING ON MY WARP CORE COMPUTER *cackles as he goes and works on his first computer case mod*

-Joe Devo!

17. Fatboy

Fatboy Bored

Well how about the LAN cup holder but with a nice switchable peltier element underneath? if you are putting coffeee in the holder then switch the peltier so the hot side is up and if you got a coke or summin have the cold side up to s00per cool you drink.

Thats all

18. Dr_kazza

Dr_kazza What's a Dremel?

NEVER POST AGAIN FATBOY... (check your post count)...

Kaz

p.s. 10 quid says he posts and then reads this which will then make no sense... it says 69...

p.p.s. I believe that coat is mine

19. SonicSilicon

SonicSilicon What's a Dremel?

Switching is as easy as changing polarity, but I don't think you want a full current for cooling a can (dry ice is a fickle substance and will give you instant frostbite when touched.)

20. Kevin

Kevin What's a Dremel?

mod Koolvin :D