1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

A/V MP3 Players

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by DaHoboFest, 20 Feb 2005.

1. jhanlon303

jhanlon303 The Keeper of History

Does my Palm Lifedrive fit the MP3 list? Hard drive, MP3 player, speakers and headphones, JPEGs and voice recorder. The organizer stuff is also there. You can actually hear the speakers!
    John :confused:

2. bubsterboo

bubsterboo What's a Dremel?

^ same deal jhanlon303, not to mention the video can be very good quality.
    Glad to hear from another palm lifedrive user :)

3. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

I also own a Creative Zen Touch (20Gig) ..overall it's a good player, although I have some minor quibbles.. basically you can't find the wired remote for it any longer (just rare times on ebay) also firmware support hasn't been as good as I think it could be. The sound quality and the size are perfectly fine IMHO. and the price was right at the time I bought it :)

4. saccharomyces

saccharomyces What's a Dremel?

I own an integrated MP3 player/headset by OTTO that I just got recently. I mostly use it for the gym. I like it because it's small, like a pair of walkman headphones, and because it holds a perfect amount for a few workouts. Downside is that the buttons are on the headset, so if you forget what you have on there you're sol. Sound quality is also very good. Here they are: www.hearotto.com/Products_OT3.aspx They sent me a discount code for 10% off the set and free shipping, it's "FREESHIP".

5. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

I own a Sony NW-S706F, it is the best sounding audio player I have ever had the pleasure of. Personally I can find no physicaly faults with the player. Even the sonic stage software required to transfer music across is now perfectly usable...if a bit of a resource hog.

Important features to note: Amazing sound quality, brilliant bases, strong mid and firm high's.

The noise cancellation is no gimmick. When on the train or walking around London to work all the background "buzz" of the city melts away, obviously you still here a car when its next to you but it is great to turn it on when it's there and hear it go from an irritation to a background noise.

Battery life is amazing, flick the power mode to "power save: super" (it is set as normal by default) and I usually get about a week and a half of play back listening to it perhaps....4 hours a day.

If you were going to get a nano, save the pocket space, spend a little more and get this little gem :)

6. monkeyville

monkeyville Evilish Monkey ++;

I'd rather eat my own entrails than use sonicstage again. Worst program ever.

7. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

mmmm tasty entrails

8. Mother-Goose

Mother-Goose 5 o'clock somewhere

V4.3 onwards is blissfully intuative, much more so than iTunes.

9. Cabe6403

Cabe6403 Supreme Commander

I just sold my 20Gb 4th gen iPod and bought a Zune (black). Because its not out over in the UK its getting shipped from the US and should be here in 6-9 days.

w00t, can't wait.

10. <A88>

<A88> Trust the Computer

Please tell us how the Zune works out for you- I've been wanting to get one off eBay but not sure as to how well it works in the UK due to the Zune marketplace only being open in the US. I'm assuming everyone will work as normal except the ability to purchase songs but your experiences should be shared!

<A88>