1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News RIAA says its legal crusade is pointless

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 24 Jul 2007.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Korvaz

Korvaz What's a Dremel?

Well, there's no blood coming from that stone. Let's squeeze it a bit harder, perhaps.

3. Seraphim Works

Seraphim Works What's a Dremel?

So the best way to solve a problem is to continue down a path that even the RIAA understand won't work? Wouldn't it make sense for the money spent on legal fees to go elsewhere? Like perhaps slowly updating the decades old viewpoint of some in the record industry?

Alternatively, they could always write out a cheque for me.

4. Paradigm Shifter

Paradigm Shifter de nihilo nihil fit

"RIAA says it's legal crusade is pointless..."

...I think I just heard the snowplough firing up to get Satan into work after reading this...

5. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

finally they are admitting that they are somewhat retarded in how the act.

6. Delphium

Delphium Eyefinity enabled

So... they understand that there tatics dont work, yet there still going to persue there same route.

*Baffles me :eyebrow: :lol:

7. mmorgue

mmorgue What's a Dremel?

Seeing as how they [RIAA] have not offered a more meaningful alternative, nor come up with a business model that suits the consumer, what else can they? Apart from admit their current strategy is useless and simply pray on those that might actually cough up some ££ out of scare tactics...

8. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

and pigs are growing wings.......

9. Amon

Amon inch-perfect

In case anyone hasn't queued in yet, brace yourselves for a torrent (figuratively) of DRM protection.

10. Bladestorm

Bladestorm What's a Dremel?

The way I hear it most of the people when sued over it, settle out of court, for a good bit more than the music would have cost them legally, so chances are the legal crusade is making them money, even if it isn't neccessarily having much of an effect on piracy.

11. pendragon

pendragon I pickle they

"hey guys this stuff is broken, let's keep using it! yea!" :eyebrow:

12. Hugo.B

Hugo.B What's a Dremel?

Bladestorm has reached a valid conclusion.
    It may not work, but the love of money is too great for them to give up on it.
    On the other hand, YAY! They've admitted defeat!
    Not that I'm advocating piracy of course...:worried:

H.B.

Last edited: 24 Jul 2007
  13. Faulk_Wulf

Faulk_Wulf Internet Addict

"Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results." -- Albert Einstein. :hip:

[[Everything else I have to say has been said or can be summarized by: :duh::wallbash: ]]

14. EmJay

EmJay What's a Dremel?

I wonder what would work - changing the music industry so their income is from live appearances, and music is essentially share-ware? Of course, we're only about half a step away from the same situation with movies... I suspect cheap and convenient legal alternatives are going to be the best bet, although my idea of 'cheap' is about $20 per month for all the content I can download. What would you pay to have everything on your computer be legal?

15. Redbeaver

Redbeaver The Other Red Meat

do none of u guys ever learn anything on business politics and marketing strategy? heck im an engineer graduate and i can still get it.

yes, they (finally) acknowledge that it doesnt work, and frankly, i bet u they've known it for a long time. but yet, they're still doing it. its just now they decided to go public and says, yes, we know, and yes, we'r still doing it.

why? it IS, "necessary in the bigger picture". i wont dwell on it further, but yes, i agree. think about it for a bit. to start with, try imagining that they NEVER try to pursue these pirates, then think that now they're saying "the best way to deal wit them is aggresive (marketing)" blablabla....

its no brilliant strategy, but still a valid one.

16. Cthippo

Cthippo Can't mod my way out of a paper bag

Maybe RIAA will sue the Bush administration for pirating this "strategy" in Iraq :duh:

17. Drexial

Drexial Minimodder

BWAHAHAHAHAHAhahaha ha ha ha....ha ....... ok it really wasnt that funny but still, these guys are retarded....

18. leexgx

leexgx CPC hang out zone (i Fix pcs i do )

if thay did sue for X money thay Never buy music agane to justif them been sued for $2000

its randome luck if you get picked out if it happens once not likey to happen agane (that type of stuff has not happend in the UK yet, if your on BT broadband you get letters about that your shareing this x file and we sue you if you do not remove it heh but thats like 1 out of 1000-2000 files)

the music/TV/moive industry have been maga slow on taking up internet downloads

as i am on Virgin media {NTL cable} TV we have lost all basic sky chans now (brason did not want to pay up the exta cost sky wanted to charge) so i have to download my tv programs that are on sky one and others

19. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Everytime I see a news article about the RIAA pursuit of Piracy I get a mental image of Arthur from Monty Python and the quest for the holy grail. Galloping around with coconuts trying to rally people to their cause. You've gotta feel sorry for them. The're a laughing stock.:hehe:

20. HandMadeAndroid

HandMadeAndroid That's handy.

Who cares anyway, most music is rubbish, pushing some useless **** we don't need, or some whining kid going on about how he hates his parents and cant decide which cargo pants to buy. Ban music I say, increase the amount of prosecutions of down loaders, better still, reintroduce capital punishment for downloading music.

btw I don't care

Tags: Add Tags