1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress Project ICUTEBLUEZONE

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by icutebluezone, 13 Aug 2007.

1. icutebluezone

icutebluezone The meaning of life is to MOD

[​IMG]

Finished Product
    [​IMG]

Hi there all I have started building a custom case and Have wanted to start a work log so here I am on this lovly site i look on a lot and got part of my style from. I love computers and have wanted to build a custom one for a lot of years now just havent had the $$$ :( But now I have lol. So I have started Project ICUTEBLUEZONE.

The style im going for is Tribel design black and chome and blue glow. :hip:

Little about me I have modded xboxs and a ps2 before and have fixed and helped people with pcs and that lots. Love modding and fixing things also playing games. I work at a sign writing shop making signs and doing grahics and logos, I injoy it. :naughty: Ok start modding. :dremel:

For my base of the case I got the Icute S901-5G1-BB stacker style case I have always liked the Icute cases.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have started using TurboCAD and realy like it and have useed it to design up the parts.

CAD design of the case standard.
    [​IMG]

CAD design of side 1.
    [​IMG]

CAD design of side 2.
    [​IMG]

CAD design of the top.
    [​IMG]

CAD design of the rear panel.
    [​IMG]

CAD design of the side logo.
    [​IMG]

CAD design of the front drive bay that switchs and buttons are going in.
    [​IMG]

Have sum photos of the case standard but thay are not very good photos as thay are done at night with a crap camera.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ok i have my camera charged and back I can get better photos. I have started by masking of the parts I have to cut out of the case panels for the plexiglass to go in behind the design. I used a drill to drill a hole in each corner and then used a jigsaw to cut it out then files a little and then smoothed with :dremel: with a sanding disc.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

When i was cutting the panels out a box got dropped off :clap: more parts are here. 3x 120mm chrome fans with blue LED's 2x 80mm chrome fans with blue LED's 4x 120mm fan grills 2 80mm fan grills.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Install the rear fans and had to dremel sum of the edges of both grills to get them in also installed the front fan and grills.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Panels all cut out.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Testing panels on case after smoothing edges.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Ordered more parts and box got dropped off 3 days later. yeppy. My dual blue cold cathodes
    [​IMG]

When to the hardware shop today and got sum parts. Got 2x knobs to replace the little black handle on side panel at rear. and also the bolts and chrome rounded nuts to bolt the case together.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Got my floppy drive and installed it for a test look.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

Send the design to the laser cuttins to get done. Couple days later its done and thay post it to me. I get it and im like :jawdrop: Nice just how i wanted it.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Weekend now so started lining the laser cut panels up on case panels and drilled the holes. Bolted it together and had to get the :dremel: out to mod part of the case inside to fit 4 bolts.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Heres a couple of photos of the fans looking from the design.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

This is the nuts i will be using Chrome round ones.
    [​IMG]

Ordered the plexiglass and sum switchs and buttons. Im getting 15% black tinted plexiglass. 2x metal push buttons 1x blue LED' rocker switch to go it the front drive bay for the power and restart buttons and rocker switch for the cold cathodes.
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

I have ordered a display fan controller front overseas just waiting for it to get here getting the AeroCool GateWatch-BK GateWatch Cool Panel With large LCD display.
    [​IMG]

Will have more updates soon. :thumb:

Last edited: 21 Jun 2008
  2. icutebluezone

ICUTEBLUEZONE

Forgot to say I have ordered sum bubble-domed design clear resin case stickers with my banner on it.
    [​IMG]

I also have sent more parts to be get laser cut. Should have them this week. and the plexiglass to. Will keep you all updated.

3. IanJackson

IanJackson Photographer & Modder

nice cutting jod what did u use?

4. icutebluezone

ICUTEBLUEZONE

All the design was laser cut. and the case panels cut with jigsaw and files and dremal.

5. IanJackson

nice.... o and i have a question not about the mod how do u set the avatar and the text under your reply? cant figure it out?

6. icutebluezone

Avvatar has to be 85x85 and 19kb or smaller and you change it under User CP and Avatar. Text at the ends of messages is the signature. hope that helps.

7. IanJackson

Thanks dude i cant do it now but ill do it when i get back to my pc i am on vacation! :D ill keep in touch!

8. icutebluezone

9. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

I was going to say, "lose the iCute branding," when I saw you initial patterns... but you already cut it.
    Your pattern work is too good to have some logo stamped on it.:D

10. HollowFrank

HollowFrank What's a Dremel?

That front panel will fit in real nice with the overall design, was that intended from the start or just a happy coincidence?

11. IanJackson

maybe icute will sponser him...? :lol:

12. icutebluezone

PC case

Hi just been making a template up for inside the case on the back of the drives.

This Is my 1st custom case build and liking it so far. I think the next project i do I will to it all from drawomgs and everthing custom made.

Icute Branding Was on case and looked nice and I like Icute stuff so fort I would add it in the design.

Hows the sponsor thing work? I have seen sum people on the project logs have sponsors and that. How do thay help and how do you get them. :confused:

The display controller I seen as I was ordering the fans so I ordered it as its blue display and looks nice. :D

Going to work on the front plastic panel this weekend and fill in the power, restart, usb and other plugs on the left side ans smooth it flat. Will have the buttons in the drive bay and usb's sum where dont not were yet. Also :dremel: out the panel thats going on the front of the drive bay thats going to hold the buttons.

Looking for Blue leds in chrome bezels at moment for the power led and HDD led.

Last edited: 14 Aug 2007
  13. icutebluezone

ICUTEBLUEZONE

Hi there Just been chilling no more work done on case at moment to cold and its 12:29am. :yawn: need to go to bed work tomorrow. Have been playing round in my photoshop and made this. :hip:

[​IMG]

14. IanJackson

15. Cheapskate

Ha! ha! Your photoshop looks like it should have some Mexican hoochie mama in a bikini and high heels leaning on the case! (Sorry, it's just you totally nailed the look of about a dozen local lowrider magazines...):hehe:

16. icutebluezone

ICUTEBLUEZONE

LOL tru hot chick would look nice leaning on it in a bikina. MMMM now where can I get a model. :naughty:

17. IanJackson

18. icutebluezone

icutebluezone

Hi again just a small update. Cut out the drive bay cover and smoothed it up. To cold to do any more in shed. lol.

Got a ring today and thay sending out my acrylic now. YEPPY.

[​IMG]

Just spend sum time playing in photoshop again after designing a plate to go on the bottom of case on itside.

[​IMG]

Last edited: 15 Aug 2007
  19. Cheapskate

Oh, That's just wrong!!!!! :eyebrow:
    -And she's not even trampy looking! It's like you used a photo of your cousin.

What the heck. Shop on some super red lipstick, 1" fingernails, sharpie eyebrows, and a tattoo...

20. IanJackson

Tags: