Plastic pen tops should be banned, apparently

Discussion in 'Serious' started by Khensu, 13 Oct 2007.

1. Smilodon

Smilodon The Antagonist

Yeah, that's great until some idiot manages to glue hes leg to the tire of a truck or something...

Actually, i have heard several stories about people mixing up eye drops and CA glue.

2. tacticus

tacticus What's a Dremel?

I thought that that 70% were the 70% that tyrants prefer?

3. Adzi

Adzi What's a Dremel?

That kid deserves a darwin award. Whats the alternative to plastic pen lids then? Metal ones, arsenic coated tin foil?

4. Khensu

Khensu likes to touch your special places

5. naokaji

naokaji whatever

while we are at it... ban scissors,guns, spoons, forks, power supplies, rivers, roads, busses, houses, food, alcohol... all of these things could be used to kill self / someone else....

6. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

Got a point there. I'm just not cut out for this whole world-domination thing.

7. johnnyboy700

johnnyboy700 Minimodder

You could say that its common sense not to chew a pen lid and swallow it, along with several hundred other potentially dangerous pass times. However what you will come to realise is that common sense isn't very common at all, its quite rare.
    Some folk will do the dumbest of things, I think it was a past Darwin Award nominee from somewhere in the UK who was trying to steal a power cable to melt the copper down but when he tried to cut it he found out it was live. After several unsuccessful attempts to cut the cable he realised that he needed something non-metallic to cut the cable (who says human evolution has stopped?), the only problem was his solution to this was to try to bite through the cable. By the third attempt, the police arrived and I would be surprised if they could stop themselves from laughing at this guy. What I find really amazing is that the guy actually survived multiple electric shocks,some directly into his mouth. I can't remeber the end result, I think the Judge took pity on him and gave him a reduced sentence.

8. C-Sniper

C-Sniper Stop Trolling this space Ądmins!

Survival of the fittest. And the smartest.

9. specofdust

specofdust Banned

"Hitler had the right idea, he was just an underachiever"

I can't say I'm too bothered this kid choked to death, I just wish someone would pay for a grief councellor for the kid's damn parents instead of them going on a pointless and annoying crusade to stop death.

10. righteous_slave

righteous_slave I know what a bloody Dremel is

Some people have the foolish idea that we can prevent every bad thing, accidents, sicknessess, offenses, from happening to everybody if we just enact enough laws and bans. Unfortunatley, those same people know how to call lawyers and raise a big stink about what they want.

Equally unfortunate, the intelligent people just sit and laugh at the fools while they take over.

When you put clowns in charge, don't be surprised when a circus breaks out.

11. Kipman725

Kipman725 When did I get a custom title!?!

well have they got a better thing to put on top of pens?

12. naokaji

naokaji whatever

all pens now come with a Ak-47 on top due to the original pen tops being too dangerous:hehe:

13. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Why didn't they cut another air hole in the trachea bellow the obstruction when they couldn't get it out?

I hope the people around me are smarter then that if I ever start choking, I don't want to have to do i myself...

Poor kid.

14. Tyinsar

Tyinsar 6 screens 1 card since Nov 17 2007

Quoted For Truth.