1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Rant Bah, this is a risky thread, but...

Discussion in 'General' started by Major, 1 Nov 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. CardJoe

CardJoe Freelance Journalist

It was at my nudging because I thought we should give you guys a chance to discuss it. We handle everything collabaritively here and what makes Bit so strong is the community - so I wanted to hear your thoughts and voices.

2. TheCherub

TheCherub Minimodder

I must say, I have been quite impressed with this thread. No one has gone mental, and it does just seem to be an earnest expression of views on the subject.

A credit to the community.

3. WireFrame

WireFrame <b>PermaBanned</b>

Well, hold on, this seems unfair. "All Parties" have calmed down, but only Wireframe gets punished?
    And I wasn't even the one out for a fight in that (particular) thread!
    (This Thread, I assume. And here's Bindi's post outlining all three parties at fault, although he singles me out in the first line and adds the other two as a sidethought.

Firstly, shouldn't you INFORM users if they're on GI, just out of common courtesy? You tell them when they're banned, and give them a reason. What, specifically does GI involve? Nobody can see any of my posts? What, because Will. has a problem with things I say, I get put on Invisible?

And secondly, I have PM'd Bindi twice about the thread I think you're referring to, and had no response either time. Have my PM's MYSTERIOUSLY disappeared from your inbox AGIN, Bindi? Shows the Mods are impartial and open to discussion, doesn't it....?
    I'll post this in feedback too. No doubt one of them will disappear.

Last edited: 2 Nov 2007
  4. ArtificialHero

ArtificialHero We were just punking him sir!

WOWOWOWWWOWWOWW nice discussions! good luck :thumb:

AH

________
    Brothers always be happy with what you have (excluding cars, computers, and forum reputation)

5. mvagusta

mvagusta Did a skid that went for two weeks.

He's been banned on other forums aswell? You'd think after one or two bans you'd take a look at yourself... He really does need some decent, mature real life guidance. Advice via net forums obviously is not enough.. what he needs is a real life mentor, someone from here would be perfect i think:
    [​IMG]
    If any staff from the above establishment would care to take the opportunity, it would be an all expenses paid, flights, accomodation, entertainment & chaufer driven mercedes in dubai, with generous wage, all paid for by a sugar daddy! (best part of all is the chaufer of course)

6. WireFrame

Its WORSE when the mods don't tell you.
    It EVEN WORSE when you PM a mod a few hours after the thread that caused you to be put on GI goes unanswered.
    Its EVEN WORSE THAN THAT when you discover that you are only one of three people blamed for the demise of the thread, but you're the only one punished.

EDIT: mvagusta is referring to CK, not me in his post. Even I was confused. Actually, Nobody can see my posts, can they? Well, that prompts open discussion....

7. antiHero

antiHero ReliXmas time!

I managed to ignore most of his posts and didnt even bother to check his threads as he enoid(sp?) the living hell out of me, but in general i have to say that he was harmless. Dont know to which extend he spammed the Admins or other users, but for me he was just a some kid who needed attention more then anything else.

Just my 0.02€

On the topic of pointless videos:D

8. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

iirc there was a guy who banned him, that also was on these fourms and said he banned him elsewhere
    off-topic what is the bit-tech irc channel

9. fev

fev Industry Fallout

there's a global ignore option?!
    What else don't i know?!

edit: how many people are using it on me?!

10. Hiren

Hiren mind control Moderator

bit-tech IRC faq

11. Glider

Glider /dev/null

It's a global kinda thingy ;)

12. RTT

RTT #parp

GI is an admin only thing - essentially we can bump anyone into ever users ignore list and you can't remove that user, only we can. So, no one is using it on you because it doesn't work like that :) You may, however, be ignored by someone maintaining their own personal ignore list

13. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

every proceed to ignore fev that'll make a dude paranoid :D

edit: not so funny now every one replied to him :(

14. fev

fev Industry Fallout

i see... anyway to stay vaguely on topic:
    CK meant well, he just didn't go about it the right way. Flashing the fact you're parents will pay for anything and you're driving without a license isn't going to get you the respect you need to get help on forums.

15. Nexxo

Nexxo * Prefab Sprout – The King of Rock 'n' Roll

You have no idea... :worried:
    Is it deleted or just broken?
    Hey, it happens. Don't want you to take my genius for granted now... :D
    It was not just that. It was many things. Many, many things.

Just as a reminder though: CK wasn't banned, he left of his own accord because he couldn't handle the responses he got in his What Car? thread, and us closing the thread because it glorified irresponsible road behaviour. He had a hissy fit, and upped and went all by himself.

We banned his account afterwards to prevent him coming back, because he did this whole dramatic exit thing once before, only to come back and drop pointed references to how Bit-tech had hurt his feelings, fishing for a response. Frankly, we can do without the hystrionics.

16. WireFrame

For anyone who cares, CK appears to have emptied his Photobucket account. The image is gone.

17. Woodstock

Woodstock So Say We All

18. Shadow_101

Shadow_101 Minimodder

i cant resist....

[​IMG]

19. steveo_mcg

steveo_mcg What's a Dremel?

[​IMG]

Last edited: 3 Nov 2007
  20. Jamie

Jamie ex-Bit-Tech code junkie