1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Windows Any1 play WoW

Discussion in 'Gaming' started by spec, 22 Oct 2007.

1. gillett

gillett What's a Dremel?

i dont know about anyone else but TBC expansion ruined the game for me. My wife and i quit after about a month of it coming out.

2. Raiderfan001

Raiderfan001 I know what a Dremel is.....

No actually I doubled the amount of servers that someone mentioned and another 5 million on top of that.:rolleyes:

I'll even make this part bold just so that you can read it clearly too:

3. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

So? WoW is an incredibly successful game in an incredibly lucrative market. If you want to complain about the evils of capitalism I suggest you spend more time looking at the pharmaceutical business. A monthly subscription MMO is expensive to play, but people are willing to accept that price, hence 9 million subscribers, playing WoW is optional, they're not forcing you to pay for it, and for many people playing WoW replaces pretty much every game, when I played it, I didn't play much else, so for a year it only cost me about £100. Seeing as I can spend that in a month on xbox 360 games, that's very good value IMO considering the amount of play time you get out of it.

4. Pha3dr0n

Pha3dr0n Where's my Valium?

I have to agree on this. Although I'm not playing anymore, ultimately it was excellent value for money. Reading WoW forums shows that (apparently) only a very small percentage of their 9 million voluntary subscribers aren't satisfied with what they get for £9 a month.

5. automagsrock

automagsrock What's a Dremel?

I have no issue paying $15/month to play WoW. I play about 3-4 hours a day after work, and in those three hours I am free to kill things, make a bit 'o gold, get some lewtz and spend time with friends who live in different states. My guild isn't the greatest as far as progression goes, but everyone is awesome and chatting on vent with them is a lot of fun and every now and again someone comes home drunk and hops on vent and it's a laugh-riot :p

Working from 11am-10pm there really isn't much I can do except for my days off, so spending $15/month on WoW is quite cheap. I do buy PS3 and 360 games as well, so I do have quite a yearly budget for gaming, but WoW is easily the cheapest (I spent over $1k this year on PS3 games alone :D) and I also get a pretty decent value for that cost as well.

6. Veles

Veles DUR HUR

That's one of the key things with the majority of MMOs, a great guild/clan/whatever will make the game fantastic, whereas the wrong one can ruin the game. My guild in WoW had a couple of great people in it, but it the guild as a whole wasn't hugely supportive I found, when I went to Uni the ports for pretty much everything were blocked so I had to quit, which I think was a very good thing. As far as MMOs go I think EVE is the best one I've played (counting out pre-release Puzzle Pirates because that was an awesome game), although WoW is really polished compared to most MMOs, it's still a grind fest which isn't something I enjoy really.

I had to quit EVE as well though unfortunately, the problem I have with MMOs is if I play them, I play them a lot, and it doesn't leave a lot of time for anything else like work.

7. Raiderfan001

Raiderfan001 I know what a Dremel is.....

Well I guess my point is that I will probably never pay $15 a month for a game. No matter how great of a game it is. Sure people don't have to pay and choose not to play it but I just do not want to see more and more game companies thinking they can just charge people every month just because they can. BTW I also don't buy bottled water....;)

8. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Quite. Hence why I failed at WoW; the server I chose was full of drooling morons.
    That's what I get for trying a high-population Aussie server 'stead of playing the european version of the game (don't ask).

9. failsaif1924

failsaif1924 What's a Dremel?

im done with it, took too much time, selling it to so i can never re-install! Ive moved on to 360 games now, and the only thing i play in excess is pro evo and that aint even coming close to the 5hours + a night id spend on pc gaming/wasting time :D

10. themax

themax What's a Dremel?

Guilds issues are partly the reason I quit as well. I was in a pretty fun casual/hardcore raiding guild. Things were awesome and the core of this guild had come from the same server so they were used to eachother and the leaders were awesome. As soon as the guild hit a snag in Kharazan (when BC came out) those same core leaders decided to quit on the guild and transfer over night leaving the rest of us in confusion. After that I lost all drive to raid again and PvP was never a priority for me so I stopped playing. If I ever do play again I will probably never raid, and will most likely do 2 v 2 PvP Arena with a friend of mine. That's it. I'm through with the raiding mindset in any MMO.

11. automagsrock

Arena is so much fun though. I have crap gear, but my priest friend has some really nice healing gear and our hunter has some t4 and other Kara epics as well. We aren't bad, but once the hunter and myself get better gear we will be a 2000+ ranked 3v3 team for sure. Only thing holding us back is my lack of DPS in Mortal Strike spec, Fury spec for raiding I rock, sometimes pushing 750-800 DPS during raids. As soon as I get my arena Axe and some new armor things will change :p

12. Prophet

Prophet Minimodder

Mace is just teh pwn for 2hnders, Deep thunder is easy enough to craft, and if ure raiding even storm herald might be a possibilty. Thats 2 proc stuns and my god they can make a difference.

I play a mage main on sylvanas, called Larry, and have a 70 shaman resto specced for something different atm called Rylar.

Overall im still enjoying it after TBC. I love the new zones and the plethora of new quests keeps one entertained, I think i only did 3 zones worth whilst getting to 70, so with the money rewards now its a good income and time waster doing the hours of other quests left. Arena is good, but balancing issues are more than present, specially in the smaller groups, But if u can find a good parter or 2 accelerating up the rating system isnt to bad and u get some nice gear.

Come from a hardcore raiding playstyle pre-bc, I gave up that as it was a time sink, Playing way more casual now and the enjoyment is still there.

13. automagsrock

Stormherald is bad-ass, hence why I dropped herbing and re-picked up blacksmithing :p
    Mace spec + mace proc + lots of strength and AP = Dead everything :D

My Crystal Forged War-Axe is definitely lacking for Arena PvP, and even BG PvP. I prefer doing BG PvP as fury because it's awesome tearing clothies up with 2k bloodthirst crits (2430 AP self buffed and over 3k with raid buffs and flasks) and execute crits into the mid 6,000s. With a one-handed axe :)

Here's my armory link: Linky I need better gear for fury (I have my DPS crossbow equipped to level it up right now) and some more hit is necessary as I'm not over 200 yet.

14. Bungle

Bungle Rainbow Warrior

Always makes me laugh when you hear people complaining about monthly subscriptions. Millions of people have sky TV and pay well in excess of £30 a month for a pretty dire service, full of junk channels and repeat programs. Online games are actually fun to play and give more hours of enjoyment than most satellite or cable providers could ever hope to give. In terms of value for money, we really do get a good deal.

15. boiled_elephant

boiled_elephant Merom Celeron 4 lyfe

Yeah, I can see the logic behind paying monthly for something like WoW...comparisons to paying £8 a month for a normal single player game are missing the point: WoW content is ongoing, and it's social. Essentially, it's an episodic game + msn/myspace. Everything you need. It doesn't get stale the way other games do, precisely because the social element is the most important thing...of course, that in turn depends on finding good friends ingame. Which can be hard.

16. Brett89

Brett89 Minimodder

Amen, although i did relapse for about 2 months
    I had a level 70 tank on Uldum/ Shu'Halo and then back on Uldum.

17. automagsrock

TBC did suck. I hit 60 right as it came out and the guild I was in was a Naxx guild and I was all excited to get some tier 3 loving.

I never did get any tier3 :(

18. sn1p3r

sn1p3r What's a Dremel?

flying on level 14 = FUN

Tags: