1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

PCM reo

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Koolvin, 23 Sep 2001.

1. macroman

macroman The One

I wonder :rolleyes:

2. moose

moose What's a Dremel?

Kv's always been very comprehensive with his testing to say the least, so is it any wonder his 200 went through some vigorous 'impact testing'? :D

3. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:) ok m8 thx anyhow.

4. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:confused: macroman where did you get the wire for the leds/or what size do i need to get please m8.

5. macroman

macroman The One

I cut up an old IDE cable and used that. I used a 40 way, but the 80 way will be even more flexible.

6. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

;) nice one m8 thanks ill use some of that myself got plenty.

7. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:confused: koolvin can you tell me the size of the heat shrink sleeve you used,on the led`s thx

8. Zer0

Zer0 What's a Dremel?

Any one have a working link to the review and mod done to the pcmods rheobus??? I just got mine in the mail today and would like to have the LED in the knob..

Thanks ..

9. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:cool: its easy m8,just drill out the knob with a 3mm drill bit to open it up for the led,then just replace the wires with some ide cable,i found this to be better wire,nice and thin,someone told me about it but cant remeber who at the mo but he saved my life thx m8ty :)

10. macroman

macroman The One

5 posts up actually ;)

11. Zer0

Zer0 What's a Dremel?

Thanks for the info, much appreciated. I saw the first posts that haid a diagram of drilling on an angle but when I look at the knob it looks like it wouldnt work with thw pc mods knobs. your sayin gto drill out the center of the knob and just stick the led in the center ? and can the knob still turn like this ?

12. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:rolleyes: no m8 dont drill out the centre of the knob,you need to drill near the little slit to open it up from inside so that the led shines out the slit in knob.

13. Koolvin

Koolvin The Modfather

b1g dog , i'll send u some - compliments of the house :D

14. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:cool: nice m8 if its money ill take cash :p

15. Zer0

Zer0 What's a Dremel?

still little confused I think i have it but im not sure and dont want to ruin the knobs, can someone post a few pics please. ??

16. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

Kv has a good piccy , I've got it on my hard disc somewhere . Hold on I'll upload it for ya

17. Gordy

Gordy Evil Teddy

[​IMG]

There ya go should help you out :)

18. Zer0

Zer0 What's a Dremel?

thanks for that pic I saw that in the begining of this thread and didnt quite understand it when I first looked at it . Holding the knob in my hand and looking at the LED I think I have it now . Looking at the back of the know im going to drill from the bottom back of the know up on an angle towards the front of the knob. this is what through me the horizontal hole that goes behind the slit. This is for routing the wire right ??? and another question if you drill from the bottom of the knob on an angle to the front. cant you see the 3mm hole on the knob when you turn it ? maybee someone can post a pic of different angles of a knob allready modded so I can visually see it.

I was just looking at the pcmods rheo and the LED's ar 5mm on it too big ?>? also where can I pick up different knobs from ??

Thanks gordo for all the help so far

Last edited: 14 Nov 2001
  19. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:cool: all i did with the knob to drill it m8 was clamp it so it didn`t move then just drilled very slowly at a slite angle to open up the knob,go to www.maplin.co.uk they have some nice knobs there,sorry for the pun :) hope this helps m8.......

20. b1g-d0g

b1g-d0g Multimodder

:cool: Zer0 m8 the maplin code for the knobs is yr66w,these are the ones i got on, and they rock,but you can go for something a little smaller if you want,as for the leds get 3mm ones i got some red ones from www.kustompcs.co.uk,allso if you have some spare ide cables use the wire of them as they are very flexable,i tryed 0.3mm cable but this was crap,hope this helps m8,id just like to thank all the people involved in the moddin of the PCM reo,as the backup was exellent for imformation,ive done mine now so n1 lads,nice to know we have help when its needed as im just starting out in the land of moddin. :)

P.s m8 if you dont have any spare ide cable drop me you addy and ill send you some free of charge...

Tags: Add Tags