1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

News McAfee blacklists chunk of web

Discussion in 'Article Discussion' started by Tim S, 3 Jan 2008.

1. Tim S

Tim S OG

2. Rebourne

Rebourne What's a Dremel?

Virus protection? Why would I need that?

3. Bauul

Bauul Sir Bongaminge

Titter. Not content with using hunks of your resources, McAfee clearly doesn't like you using the Web either. AVG all the way here.

Edit: Why have you included a link to the World Forum of Civil Societies Network? Are you sure you don't mean http://ubuntu.com/?

4. Digital-Prozac

Digital-Prozac What's a Dremel?

Had to laugh... Used to work for these clowns. Not called McCrappy for nothing ;)

5. yakyb

yakyb i hate the person above me

mcaffee and norton are essentially the same same thing and wouldn't use either at home. avg with a scheduled scan every morning works fine for me although i honestly cant remember when i last had a virus (prob about a year ago when i did something stupid) the only virus i can remember getting (through no fault of my own) is the blaster,its education thats needed really.

as for spyware tho i average about 5 new peices a day but that is quickly cleared up by AVG anti spyware

6. DXR_13KE

DXR_13KE BananaModder

mcaffee used to be nice.... but now they are like norton, and i hate that AV, lots of computers i fixed got borked by norton.....

7. yuusou

yuusou Multimodder

anti virus? anti spyware? those are terrible things! why not a pro-cleanPC? such negative people. you have no feeling of what is the meaning of the word Ubuntu!

8. Nikumba

Nikumba Minimodder

This will explain the error my old man was having last night.

But then I'm uber pro and don't use AV never have done, i know what im clicking on.

Plus have 64bit Vista makes it immune to most viri

Kimbie

9. ssj12

ssj12 Minimodder

ill stick with my AVG Anti-Virus Free Edition and Super Anti-Spyware Free edition thanks

10. DrFreeze

DrFreeze What's a Dremel?

i have McAffee on my work machine (pre-configed dell, and since im only a contractor, im not gonna bother with the hassle of completely tuning a machine i will be leaving behind in a few months), and didnt notice anything, i accessed arstechnica yesterday and today, but only after an automated scan yesterday, so that might have fixed it before i could notice

all my own machine run linux, so no AV on there. And previously when running windows, i didnt run/need AV, or on occasion use AVG/avast

11. yodasarmpit

yodasarmpit Modder

I'll remember that whilst I'm playing CoD4 on my Windows based machine tonight, and as for virus's/viri I've not had an issue since MS Blast many years ago.

Linux may very well be more secure, but if you are sensible with Windows then you shouldn't have problems either.

As for McAffee though, that's just a steaming pile of dog poo.

12. Furymouse

Furymouse Like connect 4 in dagger terms

Gotta say I love my firewall router and my IP's server side anti virus ( hugs router )
    Havent had a single one that wasnt my own fault.

Tags: Add Tags