1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Case Mod - In Progress project: "Black & Bling" , new update 22. January

Discussion in 'Project Logs' started by rytmehunden, 31 Dec 2007.

1. DZ469

DZ469 I'm a modding nightmare

nice job on those cuts :dremel: they look like they were always meant to be there :thumb:

2. cheezeit

cheezeit What's a Dremel?

Nice work, keep it up!

3. Hasle

Hasle nohasslemods›

Ohøj!

A fellow Dane also modding a Chieftec Dragon case - what're the odds? :D

Good luck with the project, looks good so far.

4. E.E.L. Ambiense

E.E.L. Ambiense Acrylic Heretic

Sweet job on the cuts. I too am a Chieftec alumni, so I love seeing Chiefy mods. Keep at it, man!

5. rytmehunden

rytmehunden I love glory and fame

@ 500mph, DZ469, cheezeit, azazel and E.E.L. Ambiense

Jesus thanks alot guys. :D This really means alot to me because im not that confident in my craftsman skills.. hehe :grr:

I will continue towards another update later on tonight if the misses allows it.. :worried:

and OHØJ to you as well azazel :D I really like what you did with your chieftec! i watched it some while ago on tweakup.dk right? and i was impressed.. where are you from?

6. Angel OD

Angel OD Pump Killer

Hey M8.
    What a frikkin stroke of luck with those materials!:thumb:

Looks great!! I new it would, but that is even better than I imagined! Keep it up! :D

7. enorganik

enorganik What's a Dremel?

Looking clean so far. Looking forward to finished product.

8. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

The inset in the faceplate screams for another decorative panel to be added on top. Otherwise it looks good so far.:D
    I may be just me, but when you have a ledge like that, it feels like something is missing.

9. rytmehunden

Yo Cheapskate!
    what is a ledge ? Explain it like i was 6 years old and had never seen a ledge please.. Dont know that word or even the meaning of it :-(

If the inset in the faceplate is the red plexi with the aluminum frame i have wondered if a little mesh would look fine between them. Dont really know..

And thanks for the "Otherwise it looks good so far." comment! appreciate it alot coming from you! :)

10. rytmehunden

@ enorganik. Thanks alot dude! :D i will try to make you happy with the result! :)

11. rytmehunden

Yeah would you imagine that?!?! plexu and alu just falling from the sky?! :D

IT´S RAINING MEN... woops.. IT´S RAINING MODDINDMATERIALS..... HALLELUJA!!

Well.. didnt actually fall down from the sky :p Just a little lie to keep you guys eyes from the mod and not focusing on minor mistakes that i made! :D :rolleyes:

Well OD! Thanks alot! ill call you soon.. Btw. You found out about that copper we were talking about?

12. Cheapskate

Cheapskate Insane? or just stupid?

OK. I will try to make it clear, but I'm better at confusing people.:D Some of the people here who speak english as their first language are less clear than you, so I forget.
    The lip of silver in the hole of the plate. The part the red plexi is sitting on. That area looks like it should have something mounted on it.
    (I'm still not very clear...:( )
    Another thing that would work to hide it would be to add something to the plexi that matches the thickness and color of the lip/ledge/edge.
    It's still early in the build. You may come up with something for the inside that you want to mimic here. If you don't have an exact idea of what you want, save the finishing touches for last.:thumb:

13. E.E.L. Ambiense

I dunno, Cheap...I think it looks perfect the way it is. Seems to add 'dimension' to the door or something. Maybe paint the back part black to add contrast to it or something. Know what I mean? Either way, Chieftec mods rock. :rock:

14. rytmehunden

Hey ho mr. Cheapskate!

Im still not exactly sure wjat you mean.. think im gonna make Angel OD translate it for me.. LOL..

BUT!! if what you mean is the red plexi sticking out under the aluminium at the bottom, it is just a testpiece. I have a cut plexi that matches the alu 100% but it is with paperbacking and i didnt wanna remove it yet, so i just used this piece instead to people an idea on the outcome.
    Dont if i have gotten you just about 100% wrong on this one. otherwise flame me like crazy.. haha :D

15. rytmehunden

Yo Ambiense.

You mean paint the case black or what? If thats the case then it is going to be black as first stated.

Hell.. i gotta take up english studying again :( im 29 years old.. it´s been 13 years without english as a subject :duh:

16. E.E.L. Ambiense

13 years w/o English; your English is better than many of the local Southerners here! :hehe: Remember..."ain't" ain't a word. ;)

Okay, I guess I misunderstood that. I was thinking the spray spot test you did was primer, lol. The whole case will be totally black and you're leaving the metal plating the way it is? I would guess that'd make sense, what with the 'Black & Bling' name! :D

Yeah, I can see that looking quite nice.

17. rytmehunden

@E.E.L. Ambiense hehe i figured you hadnt read that it´s supposed to be black :thumb:

Im actually going to take the inside of the case to the chromer, and im gonna paint the outside black. Gonna look frizzle for tha shizzle nizzle!! You know.. likethe computer of a drugdealer from South Central... What do you think about that?

18. E.E.L. Ambiense

^lol. Chroming costs a pretty penny... hope you have an inside man to get you a deal! It's going to be beautiful chromed, definitely.

19. rytmehunden

actually it´s only gonna cost me about 100$ to get it chromed. thats the price here in denmark :D

Glad you like the idea with the chrome! i look forward to seeing it evolve.. I dont need to finish many other things on this case before im gonna throw it to the chromer.

20. E.E.L. Ambiense

Wow, you got a deal then! It'll look great; I've got a case in the early planning phase right now before modding, etc. that I'm thinking of going 'chrome' but with powder coat.

Tags: